Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Hey guys! I made it! I had taken a little vacation so I wasn't on right away.

Great maildays everyone! Almost done with that sweet set Joe, and cant wait to see the auto magic! What can i say about that certified Bruce, pretty darn ni$e!!

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
jpcz said:
Hey guys! I made it! I had taken a little vacation so I wasn't on right away.

Great maildays everyone! Almost done with that sweet set Joe, and cant wait to see the auto magic! What can i say about that certified Bruce, pretty darn ni$e!!

Welcome, I think that most of us are here now :)

Roy

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
LaneyB said:
Okay guys, here it is...I'm not sure what that scratch is where it says certified but I like this card!

1996-Select-Certified-MirrorGold.jpg

:shock: I don't usually post on this thread, but that is one sweet pickup!

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
Bruce - Great card....Glad to see everyone here. Hopefully we can stay here for some time before we have to move again.

Here is the last couple of mail days (want to make sure I can scan)

Joe's progress made me start up the search for the last autos I need from the Reflection set (6 More to go)

Griffey05ReflectionsDualAURios.jpg
Griffey05ReflectionsDualAUSrBlue.jpg
Griffey05ReflectionsDualAUWilliams.jpg

Griffey05SweetSpotRStitchGoldGlove.jpg
Griffey08SPxYoungStarSignaturesAU.jpg

A colloctor set this Uncut sheet from the All-Star Game
2008UpperDeckUncutAll-Star.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
i just added
Griffey Collectors Thread pt. 3
Beckett Tags: Baseball
by magicpapa
over there :eek:

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
Magic, where did you add the Pt. 3 thread?

Roy, I'm not sure what it is (your bucket doesn't like me) but it'll go well with someone's collection.

Bruce

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
LaneyB said:
Magic, where did you add the Pt. 3 thread?

Roy, I'm not sure what it is (your bucket doesn't like me) but it'll go well with someone's collection.

Bruce

Bruce, I sent you an email.
Magic started a new Griffey thread on Beckett in the baseball section.

Roy

badmajama

Aug 11, 2008
yo just migrated here! couldn't figure out where the heck you guys went from beckett. I started a Griffey collectors thread in Sportscardforum.com hoping someone from beckett would find me. I got a lot to post since nobody is on beckett anymore.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
badmajama, glad you found us! I've sent you a few emails, have you gotten any of them?

Have any of you seen the Immortal Inscriptions on ebay, 01/99? That J in his signature looks down right horrible. Anyhow, I got this in the mail today.

2002-UD-Retro-JerseyAuto.jpg

badmajama

Aug 11, 2008
LaneyB said:
badmajama, glad you found us! I've sent you a few emails, have you gotten any of them?

Have any of you seen the Immortal Inscriptions on ebay, 01/99? That J in his signature looks down right horrible. Anyhow, I got this in the mail today.

I got a gmail account now so I don't check the old now. Woops! its now [email protected]

You outbid me on that card and I envy you for it! :shock: CONGRATS ON THAT ONE! :D

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
badmajama said:
LaneyB said:

I got a gmail account now so I don't check the old now. Woops! its now [email protected]

You outbid me on that card and I envy you for it! :shock: CONGRATS ON THAT ONE! :D

I appreciate it, you outbid me on the base/auto. Nice pickups you've had latelyl.

Bruce

badmajama

Aug 11, 2008
Roy Birchler said:
badmajama, Nice 1/1 :)
I PM'd you on Beckett with a link to this site, guess the PMs don't work right either.
Welcome to the Freedom Board.

Roy

no I got yours today! I just didn't think to check the pm's. thanks a bunch! Man, beckett pretty much snubbed the messege board community. They got a guy on there and I'll quote,

"I need to point out that the message board people loved the message boards. It was their favorite part of the site, because that is where they went.

The issue there, the flaw, is people thinking that only the message board people visited Beckett.com (or even that they were a majority of visitors). It's just not the case...

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
badmajama said:
Roy Birchler said:
badmajama, Nice 1/1 :)
I PM'd you on Beckett with a link to this site, guess the PMs don't work right either.
Welcome to the Freedom Board.

Roy

no I got yours today! I just didn't think to check the pm's. thanks a bunch! Man, beckett pretty much snubbed the messege board community. They got a guy on there and I'll quote,

"I need to point out that the message board people loved the message boards. It was their favorite part of the site, because that is where they went.

The issue there, the flaw, is people thinking that only the message board people visited Beckett.com (or even that they were a majority of visitors). It's just not the case...

Don't get me stated about Beckett. I was on there since 2000 and been through many changes. The company is just not the same since Beckett sold it. It is all about the profit now and no concern about the hobby. I still use it for MyCollections and read the boards just for a laugh. The site is all setup to make money off of trades now. Even though I have baseball OPG, I would need to buy total access to get MyCollections to give me a total. $24 a month what a deal :evil:

Okay, i am done.

Roy

Members online

Latest posts