Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warren of Oz

Aug 23, 2008
soxfan33 said:
Now I only need the Vlad Guerrero and my Masterpieces Stroke of Genius set will be complete.

Have you ever seen a Vlad? I know 3 people that need only it to finish that set.

soxfan33

Aug 7, 2008
angelsrockies4ever said:
soxfan33 said:
Magic,

That was me! Finally!!! It took almost a full year for me to get that card. I can't wait to get it. I also have an 08 on the way if Griffey signs them. Now I only need the Vlad Guerrero and my Masterpieces Stroke of Genius set will be complete.

My internet connection isn't working at my house right now. They should be fixing it this week and I'll be on after that.

John
You also got the Thomas, nice.

Thanks man. I did get the Thomas also. 1 left.

soxfan33

Aug 7, 2008
Warren of Oz said:
soxfan33 said:
Now I only need the Vlad Guerrero and my Masterpieces Stroke of Genius set will be complete.

Have you ever seen a Vlad? I know 3 people that need only it to finish that set.

I've only seen the 1/1 green bordered one on Ebay a while ago. I wish I would have jumped on that, but I figured there would be a few of the black ones out there. That's cool to know that 3 people are that close to finishing also.

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
soxfan33 said:
Magic,

That was me! Finally!!! It took almost a full year for me to get that card. I can't wait to get it. I also have an 08 on the way if Griffey signs them. Now I only need the Vlad Guerrero and my Masterpieces Stroke of Genius set will be complete.

My internet connection isn't working at my house right now. They should be fixing it this week and I'll be on after that.

John

I was hoping it was you. Now maybe the price will go down on the next one ;)

Roy

soxfan33

Aug 7, 2008
Roy Birchler said:
soxfan33 said:
Magic,

John

I was hoping it was you. Now maybe the price will go down on the next one ;)

Roy

Roy,

We'll see I guess. Thanks for the kind words. The one that I lost out on this summer went for around $300. Crazy. Hopefully you'll get one soon.

John

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
soxfan33 said:
Magic,

John
GOOD, im glad it was you, i forgot your member name or i would have let ya know there was one up
you woulda had one earlier if that one wasnt Blue Ink :?

soxfan33

Aug 7, 2008
magicpapa said:
soxfan33 said:
Magic,

John
GOOD, im glad it was you, i forgot your member name or i would have let ya know there was one up
you woulda had one earlier if that one wasnt Blue Ink :?

Thanks, Magic! I'm very excited to get it. I really hope the Griff signs the 08 Masterpieces autos also. The picture is better on that one. I like them both though.

robe28

Aug 10, 2008
Hi Guys

want to wish everyone a merry christmas or happy hanukkah (whichever you celebrate) and happy new year. i want to thank bruce for the great immortal inscrptions auto . i also wish to thank magic for helping me get a nice little insert and a beautiful auto which will be shown soon. Roy, congrats on the goudey auto, great price too. jpcz they are some beautiful gold autos you have and soxfan i love the stroke of genius auto, they are super hard to find, especially in blue ink hey magic. you can also check out my photobucket if you scroll down.

img014-1.jpg

img016.jpg

img015.jpg
img013.jpg
img018.jpg
img017.jpg
img019.jpg
http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/robm28/

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Need some help here from anyone

currently an ebay auction 370134241199
is listed and I'm trying to understand what I would be buying.

Its a /5 milestone signature card with 2500 hits on it and an auto.

When I look in Beckett it says there are 2 prints of 25, one of 5 and some 1/1's.

What I wanted someone to answer, is
are all /5 cards the same (2500 hits) or are there different ones.

Also are there other /5 cards with different "milestones listed"?

According to Beckett, there is one set of /5 but I'm confused as I know milestone cards typically give you different milestones for the player.

If this /5 auto milestones is special enough I'd like to bid on it, because I'm partial to premier, but if there's other /5 sets or whatever and its one of many I would not bid.

Any help from anyone appreciated

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Here's the one to /25.. 2,500 hits as well..

[ebay:2rgdp3ht]360108133224[/ebay:2rgdp3ht]

and another one to /25..

[ebay:2rgdp3ht]110306090807[/ebay:2rgdp3ht]

and here's the one you are looking at..

[ebay:2rgdp3ht]370134241199[/ebay:2rgdp3ht]

Just looks like the color at the bottom is different..

I see the one you are looking at is a relist..

[ebay:2rgdp3ht]370124183690[/ebay:2rgdp3ht]

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Pin breaker
thanks much for all your cool links and help

Looks like one of those typical cards which appear in many different printing #'s but are basically the same.

The first auction went to only $117 and I don't know why he's relisting but that's a price which I'd pay. It certainly should not go much higher I would think.

I guess I go for it to some extent

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
REAL SLOW HERE for me
1998plusmylar.jpg
just need the gold now

robe28, your card made it and will go out 12/27

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
Dang UD, wonder how many variations there are?

img754.jpg

7749_1.jpg

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Here is my small Grif collection, everytime I pull one I just put it away. It would be nice to see Griff sign for topps
one day!

Scan10003.jpg
Scan10007.jpg

Scan10006.jpg
28/28
Scan10005.jpg
Scan10004.jpg
Scan10002.jpg
Scan10001.jpg
1/25
Scan10009.jpg
No # back

Great thread guys!

Kevin

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Great maildays all around! Congrats on all of the amazing pick ups guys.

Things have been really slow on my end. I'm hoping to be able to start picking things up after the first of the year.

I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Everyone be safe and have fun. I hope you all have a great Christmas.

Joe

Members online