Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Magic,
Cost less than the last two have gone for at auciton....very very happy with the price!!

EDIT: Forgot to say it was 77.50dlvd.

I think the whole rainbow cost me about 325, thanks to trading for the silver version. The gold was 200, Bronze 75, Regular 50, silver was a trade of a card i cant even remember...so it was well worth the trade!

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
jpcz said:
My 49th on card auto completes a rainbow (Gold/15, Silver/24, Bronze/70 regular/150). Not sure what is going on with photobucket and if it's fixed, so i will just post the auction!

[ebay:1p0use1x]320333663416[/ebay:1p0use1x]

Now I know who got him to end this auction..

I had a few of Buttercontrol's auctions in my watchlist that were Griffey auto's.. I am disappointed that they were ended early, but on the other hand glad to see a member here was the one to get it...

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Sorry Pin...i have been outbid on two of these now ever since i was going for the rainbow. He and I have worked on a few deals off ebay before, so I think he was happy to help me again.

badmajama

Aug 11, 2008
nice pick up! I was going to go for that blue version, but there's other cards I'm looking at in football as well. Its tough to collect for 4 different players.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
A big thanks to Joe for trading this to me. Now I only need the steel version to have them all, not quite sure what it looks like but I need it.
1997SpxBoundForGlory.jpg

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
LaneyB said:
A big thanks to Joe for trading this to me. Now I only need the steel version to have them all, not quite sure what it looks like but I need it.

Bruce wish I knew you were looking for it....You just missed one :(

SPx Steel

Not sure if it is the Steel but it is listed as it

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
coqxxx4 said:
LaneyB said:

SPx Steel

I saw that but it looks just like the silver version that I already have(2nd row on the right).
1997SPxRainbow.jpg

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
LaneyB said:
coqxxx4 said:
LaneyB said:

SPx Steel

I saw that but it looks just like the silver version that I already have(2nd row on the right).
1997SPxRainbow.jpg

Ya that is what I thought also, that is why I did not bid on it. What is the difference in the 2 gold versions?

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
coqxxx4 said:
LaneyB said:
coqxxx4 said:
LaneyB said:

SPx Steel

1997SPxRainbow.jpg

Ya that is what I thought also, that is why I did not bid on it. What is the difference in the 2 gold versions?

The Gold on the right is the Grand Finale version.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I posted something similar on the McGwire page, so I thought I'd share this.

1999 Rawlings Mini-Mitt. Bought this at Target back then. I think they had six different mitts in the series. I bought the McGwire and the Griffey, but wish I'd bought others, because these are pretty neat. It's a mini-replica of the glove Junior was using.

Front

jr1.jpg

Back

kg2.jpg

And with a ball to give some perspective

kg3.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:
I posted something similar on the McGwire page, so I thought I'd share this.

1999 Rawlings Mini-Mitt. Bought this at Target back then. I think they had six different mitts in the series. I bought the McGwire and the Griffey, but wish I'd bought others, because these are pretty neat. It's a mini-replica of the glove Junior was using.

Front

jr1.jpg

Back

kg2.jpg

And with a ball to give some perspective

kg3.jpg
glove1.jpg

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
LaneyB said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/KEN-GRIFFY-JR-2007-SP-BY-THE-LETTER-COMPLETE-SET-20_W0QQitemZ180323521303QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM_Sports_Cards?hash=item180323521303&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Nice cards, too bad he spelled Griffey wrong in the title.

How can you spell Griffey wrong when you are selling a letter set? :lol:

Anyone want a cheap auto? It is faded but still looks nice,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260351186483#ebayphotohosting

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
Nice cards everybody. I'm getting around to get some cards. But still on the slow side. My B-day is just around the corner so lets see what 33 brings around. :cool:

BTW Does anoyone has an UDA Mariners auto jersey that will like to part with. I'm looking to re-adquire one. Send me a PM if you have one.

Members online