Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
Roy, that signature is downright horrible.

Got this in the mail today. It's a weird card, encased in another piece of plastic. It's really thin compared to a regular card.
1998DonrussPreferredPMPlatinum.jpg

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
Roy Birchler said:
Bruce, that card is nice. Have never held one. Is the card made of metal and then covered with plastic?

Roy

I believe so, it reminds me of a VERY thin printing plate. It is sealed inside of a plastic holder like a bgs graded card is, but even the holder is thin.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
LaneyB said:
Roy Birchler said:
Bruce, that card is nice. Have never held one. Is the card made of metal and then covered with plastic?

Roy

I believe so, it reminds me of a VERY thin printing plate. It is sealed inside of a plastic holder like a bgs graded card is, but even the holder is thin.

:mrgreen:
Very nice! I've been looking for a Thomas for some time now. Really love to get ahold of a '97.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
magicpapa said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
Roy Birchler said:
Some of these autos are really bad, must be hard to sign on the fabric.

b496_1.jpg

wow
One of the worst griffey autos ive seen.
i wonder how well the autos will hold up as per fading??

I think theyll do just fine.The auto/jeseys that were cut up from 2008 prime cuts look great and those jerseys are atleast 20 years old.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Cobra29svt said:
LaneyB said:
Roy Birchler said:

Roy

Very nice! I've been looking for a Thomas for some time now. Really love to get ahold of a '97.
presmetals.jpg

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
magicpapa said:
Cobra29svt said:
LaneyB said:
Roy Birchler said:

Roy

presmetals.jpg

:shock:

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
Well guys. Sorry it had to come to this. I've been having real bad luck on ebay. So if any of you have any doubles that will like to part with just shoot me an email or pm. We can come to some kind of arrangment :cool:

spikes

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
I know I've posted this twice already but I do NOT care! I LOVE this beauty and FINALLY something recently worthy of being on here from me (although that '98 Select 5 Star Bonus is pretty damn worthy too!!!)
2003DonrussTeamHeroesMasterSet20.jpg

2003 Donruss Team Heroes MASTER SET #'d 11/20!!!!!

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
LaneyB wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/KEN-GRIFFY-JR-2007- ... 240%3A1318

Nice cards, too bad he spelled Griffey wrong in the title.

How can you spell Griffey wrong when you are selling a letter set?

I sold that letter set to that guy and a 2nd letter set as well, one /25 and one /20. He was was very strong on keeping them for his granddchildren and never selling them. So much for that.

I figured I'd keep the /3 "Griffey" letter set only and recoup some money.

But spelling Griffey wrong, when you are selling a letter set, which in the picture spells out the name correctly, - now that is a gem. :eek:

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
A mailday for me. They are very few anymore. Was worried about buying a card from Burbank without a scan. Magic convinced me to go for it and I am glad that I did. Have heard bad things about their shipping time, but they were good with mine. Paid for the card on Tuesday and recieved it today.

Here it is :)

img555.jpg

edit: any specks you see are from my scanner.

Roy

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Roy Birchler Post subject: Re: Griffey Collector's ThreadPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:13 pm

Ebay Auctions: (0)
Blog: View Blog (0)

A mailday for me. They are very few anymore. Was worried about buying a card from Burbank without a scan. Magic convinced me to go for it and I am glad that I did. Have heard bad things about their shipping time, but they were good with mine. Paid for the card on Tuesday and recieved it today.

Here it is

Roy's posting reminded me of one of the favorite sets in my collection- just sharing

img100.jpg

img101.jpg

img102.jpg

I'm trying to put the whole Griffey Collection together on my home server web site and not use photobucket. As I do that I'll post pictures

Steve B

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
Roy Birchler said:

Here it is :)

img555.jpg

edit: any specks you see are from my scanner.

Roy

BEAUTIFUL CARD! That is very nice! I've bought from Burbank before, and I know some guys flame him here on the board, but I think he's alright. Some of the things he sells are too expensive, but I have NEVER been treated wrong by him, good ship time and even though no pictures, cards have always been in good condition! Looks like you got the same!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts