Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spladow!

Aug 7, 2008
Found this in an old box. Anyone know where it's from?

scan0001-3.jpg

scan0002-2.jpg

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Steve B, those are nice. I would like to find the other 2 for my collection. Have been trying to ignore the newer cards and work on the older ones.

Roy

Roy, I'm beginning to think the same way. I've got alot of very nice "newer" cards but the older more rare Griffey's are starting to mean more to me. I would like autos on older cards I buy, but the oldest don't have autos. I see all you guys post many early Griffey cards which are cool as hell without autos, those cards were pre autos. I have some but never really had any organized plan on learning about them.
I think I read in a mag some stats which suprised the hell out of me. I guess in about 1997 there were about 5,000 auto's and over a few years the number climbed to over 100,000. Alot of you probably know the actual stats but its scary how many autos are pouring out now. I think I'll finish sets of more recent unfinished stuff, but look harder at older stuff. I do like buy backs and short prints.

Anyone with suggestions on what to look for before 1996 auto or no auto, I'd love to hear them. I'd like to know which of the earlier cards are treasured, and what searches to use on ebay to find those cards.

SteveB

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
Roy Birchler said:
Here it is :)
img555.jpg

Roy

Roy - Great Card. Love those older on card auto set that actually look good.

LaneyB said:
Nice On Card Signature for cheap!
Just joking...sort of.

Is it just me or does any one else not like the looks of these cards? It is a nice price for the card but I'm going to stay away from them just for the looks.

Roy Birchler said:

The Jersey is nice but I don't like the framing job. Wondering If he would just let me purchase the Jersey and not the Frame?

Spladow! said:
Found this in an old box. Anyone know where it's from?
scan0001-3.jpg

1992 Griffey Arena Kid Comic Holograms #1 The Kid

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
brinn1 said:
Steve B, those are nice. I would like to find the other 2 for my collection. Have been trying to ignore the newer cards and work on the older ones.

Roy

Roy, I'm beginning to think the same way. I've got alot of very nice "newer" cards but the older more rare Griffey's are starting to mean more to me. I would like autos on older cards I buy, but the oldest don't have autos. I see all you guys post many early Griffey cards which are cool as hell without autos, those cards were pre autos. I have some but never really had any organized plan on learning about them.
I think I read in a mag some stats which suprised the hell out of me. I guess in about 1997 there were about 5,000 auto's and over a few years the number climbed to over 100,000. Alot of you probably know the actual stats but its scary how many autos are pouring out now. I think I'll finish sets of more recent unfinished stuff, but look harder at older stuff. I do like buy backs and short prints.

Anyone with suggestions on what to look for before 1996 auto or no auto, I'd love to hear them. I'd like to know which of the earlier cards are treasured, and what searches to use on ebay to find those cards.

SteveB

There are just to many new autos to worry about. When we were on Beckett, we had a list of all of the Griffey autos and there where over 1000 different ones at that time.
Goodluck collecting the non auto regular cards. They are fun to chase but can get expensive.
Some of the nicer ones are,
93 Finest refractor
94 Pinnacle Cooperstown Dufex
95 SP Holoview Die Cut
97 UD Jersey
98 Donruss Crusades (3 different versions, plus some unreleased ones)

Do you have a 98 UD Jumbo Jersey auto /24? Haven't seen one on auction for along time.

Roy

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
Guys,

Thanks for the responses I got. Roy I'll give you an answer tomorrow. Anyways I got this in tthe mail

sosa_grif_arod_mvp_front.jpg
sosa_grif_arod_mvp_back.jpg

I know what they are BUT it is suppose to be numbered (hand numbered) LMK if you hahve any info

spikes

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
spikes said:
Guys,

Thanks for the responses I got. Roy I'll give you an answer tomorrow. Anyways I got this in tthe mail

sosa_grif_arod_mvp_front.jpg
sosa_grif_arod_mvp_back.jpg

I know what they are BUT it is suppose to be numbered (hand numbered) LMK if you hahve any info

spikes
I have seen another one not numbered. Could be the same card.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Not a Griffey collector, but I figured you guys could appreciate the card. It stinks to have bid against you crazy Griffey collectors, glad I have this one out of the way.

UpperDeckGoudeyDoublePlayDP99.jpg

Members online

Latest posts