Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magicpapa View Post
    Yea I don't get it.

I wasn't collecting back then, so maybe I'm missing something in the value, but it seems like some of you who were are also shocked at this price.

In my view, this is a throwback/reprint that is somehow selling for almost twice as much as the original Iconic card that it was based on.

So is this just two guys with deep pockets getting duped by the seemingly incorrect /25 claim (I believe it was /150)?

budvandall
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that was an insane price too.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalEGG View Post
    Yea I don't get it.

I wasn't collecting back then, so maybe I'm missing something in the value, but it seems like some of you who were are also shocked at this price.

In my view, this is a throwback/reprint that is somehow selling for almost twice as much as the original Iconic card that it was based on.

So is this just two guys with deep pockets getting duped by the seemingly incorrect /25 claim (I believe it was /150)?
    They def got duped. Nowhere anywhere does it say it's an SP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious if anyone has any insight on these cards. Mainly just wondering if all of the MegaCards had a promotional auto offered. I picked these up in a card shop relatively cheap and was just wondering if it's worth pursuing all of the Wish List cards if they had autos.
    Thanks for the help!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MegaCards.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	278.3 KB 
ID:	70749

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by junior24fan View Post
    Curious if anyone has any insight on these cards. Mainly just wondering if all of the MegaCards had a promotional auto offered. I picked these up in a card shop relatively cheap and was just wondering if it's worth pursuing all of the Wish List cards if they had autos.
    Thanks for the help!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MegaCards.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	278.3 KB 
ID:	70749
    not sure if your are theses, but
    as fpr the 1995 MegaCard....
    This 25-card standard-size set offers classic glimpses and new insights into Babe Ruth. Twenty-one cards are in black-and-white, while four cards feature computer-enhanced color (11-12, 21, 24). The suggested retail price for each set was 9.99. All card fronts carry the Babe Ruth 100th Anniversary logo in gold foil. One hundred thousand sets were produced. Each set included an official entry blank to a sweepstakes featuring the following prizes: 1 Babe Ruth autographed ball, 200 Don Mattingly autographed cards, 200 Ken Griffey Jr. autographed cards and 100 Babe Ruth 165-card sets. Also included in each set was one of three limited edition (34,000) Babe Ruth Megacaps.

Wishlist
    Set Information

In this 25-card standard-size set, Ken Griffey Jr. shares his personal thoughts about the game, his dreams for the future and his commitment to terminally ill and underprivileged children. The suggested retail price for each set was $9.99. Just 100,000 sets were produced, with a percentage of all proceeds to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. A sweepstakes card inside each pack entitled the collector to be entered in a chance drawing of 500 autographed collectibles (including 5 jerseys, 10 bats, 60 balls and 425 cards from this set). Also included in each set was one of three Ken Griffey Jr. MegaCaps

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalEGG View Post
    Yea I don't get it.

I've heard/read 150 also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure if your are theses, but
    as fpr the 1995 MegaCard....
    This 25-card standard-size set offers classic glimpses and new insights into Babe Ruth. Twenty-one cards are in black-and-white, while four cards feature computer-enhanced color (11-12, 21, 24). The suggested retail price for each set was 9.99. All card fronts carry the Babe Ruth 100th Anniversary logo in gold foil. One hundred thousand sets were produced. Each set included an official entry blank to a sweepstakes featuring the following prizes: 1 Babe Ruth autographed ball, 200 Don Mattingly autographed cards, 200 Ken Griffey Jr. autographed cards and 100 Babe Ruth 165-card sets. Also included in each set was one of three limited edition (34,000) Babe Ruth Megacaps.

Wishlist
    Set Information

In this 25-card standard-size set, Ken Griffey Jr. shares his personal thoughts about the game, his dreams for the future and his commitment to terminally ill and underprivileged children. The suggested retail price for each set was $9.99. Just 100,000 sets were produced, with a percentage of all proceeds to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. A sweepstakes card inside each pack entitled the collector to be entered in a chance drawing of 500 autographed collectibles (including 5 jerseys, 10 bats, 60 balls and 425 cards from this set). Also included in each set was one of three Ken Griffey Jr. MegaCaps
    Thanks for the insight. That was one thing I was trying to figure out. I'm just curious now whether or not of the 425 cards that were autographed, if they were all of the same card or if of the 25 card set if 17 individual cards for each number were autographed to make up the 425 total. & then on the Babe Ruth side of things how many of those cards featured Griffey (I know of 2 for sure) and whether or not each of those have an autographed version as well.

What's odd is I stopped at a card shop a few years back and asked if they had any Griffey's and the guy pulled out a whole stack of these cards that were autographed and slabbed with the SGC tab. I ended up buying the Ruth/Griffey in the scan. He had several, so I picked out the one with the best signature on it. In the stack, I remembered there being the Wishlist card that I have scanned as well. Long story short, I was back in the area a couple of weeks ago for work and stopped at the same shop to see if any of the autos were still there. The only one left was the Wishlist card I scanned, so I went ahead and picked it up. I just can't recall if a few years ago when I was there, if all the autos were of the same card or of different cards in the set. Okay I'm done typing, sorry for the long confusing message. Ha.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @flarick , his guy should have the answers you seek

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @flarick , his guy should have the answers you seek
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all, looking for any variations of the 2010 Upper Deck UD Game Jersey Griffey (specifically the white, black solid, not black with jersey holes in it) or if there are any other variations out there please let me know.

Hoping someone has a couple of them so I can buy them in a lot (trying for all variations of this set)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	70773
    Last edited by Sevilst; 06-18-2017 at 04:00 PM.

flarick
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevilst View Post
    Hey all, looking for any variations of the 2010 Upper Deck UD Game Jersey Griffey (specifically the white, black solid, not black with jersey holes in it) or if there are any other variations out there please let me know.

Hoping someone has a couple of them so I can buy them in a lot (trying for all variations of this set)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	70773
    I have the patch, white and black with holes jerseys and have been looking for the red jersey. Saw the red one in '10 but didn't get it. Anyone else seen the red one?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never seen the red one?! Does that mean there could be a red patch /25? Do you have a pic of yours so far? Would love to see!

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)