Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Hey guys. Had some time at work today to spend on this project....here is the link to the website. I got through the 2003 autographs....i will hopefully have some time later today to work on it more. I have no links setup yet. I just put the list into the pages, reformatted a few things, caluclated our % that we own, and thats it. I will put the links in last, i want to get the lists up there. Plus, i havent sent it out to everyone to update...even my updated list is not shown!!

Let me ask you a question...for the cards that are not serial numbered, would you all like to have links to your images? I understand it would be neat to have the serial numbered cards linked individually...but those that arent would just bring people to the same cards, nothing different other than who owns it. Let me know...

http://griffeycollectors.webs.com/

EDIT: When i send the list to you, if there is a card missing and you put it in, PLEASE make sure to let me know so that i can update the total % owned to reflect the addition...i will not be counting these lines again!

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Bruce, come on, you know you want to hit the BIN

Roy- not even I'm hitting any buy it now. I've learned my lesson. The first 5 will go for 3x what the next 5 go for and then they sell for even less. There are 89 of them, and I don't know how many Griffey collectors spend more than $500 on a Griffey card, BUT my guess is its less than 89.

Of course Ylaf could buy 20 of them and later drop the price like a rock when sells them all (ex. Arod/Griffey /100 card)

I'll jump in an buy one on about the 15th one offered I figure or is that too early?
S

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
brinn1 said:

Roy- not even I'm hitting any buy it now. I've learned my lesson. The first 5 will go for 3x what the next 5 go for and then they sell for even less. There are 89 of them, and I don't know how many Griffey collectors spend more than $500 on a Griffey card, BUT my guess is its less than 89.

Of course Ylaf could buy 20 of them and later drop the price like a rock when sells them all (ex. Arod/Griffey /100 card)

I'll jump in an buy one on about the 15th one offered I figure or is that too early?
S

One of the things that I have learned is, I don't need to be the first on the block with the latest Griffey. Being able to post the first one on this thread is great, but it cost more money. This is a special card and will probably stay higher then most. The inscription sets it apart from the other signed 89 UDs. I have a price in my mind that I am willing to pay now, in a year I might need to raise the price to get one :(
If Griffey signs with the Braves, I think you will see Griffey prices rise. It will be a new set of collectors who want one and Braves collectors seem to be pretty hardcore.

Roy

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
Roy Birchler said:
brinn1 said:

S

One of the things that I have learned is, I don't need to be the first on the block with the latest Griffey. Being able to post the first one on this thread is great, but it cost more money. This is a special card and will probably stay higher then most. The inscription sets it apart from the other signed 89 UDs. I have a price in my mind that I am willing to pay now, in a year I might need to raise the price to get one :(
If Griffey signs with the Braves, I think you will see Griffey prices rise. It will be a new set of collectors who want one and Braves collectors seem to be pretty hardcore.

Roy

I agree with you on all points. This does have an inscription and will be a little more desirable. Although, I wonder who actually wrote "20 years".

SKYWALKER

Aug 7, 2008
WILDCAT COUNTRY
LaneyB said:
Roy Birchler said:
brinn1 said:

S

Roy

I agree with you on all points. This does have an inscription and will be a little more desirable. Although, I wonder who actually wrote "20 years".

it is hard not to hit the mouse :D :D but i am watching

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
certainly not a griffey collector, but had a quick question on a card and figured this is the best place to post it.

Anyone have any idea how sp'd this card is...? I don't ever see them on the bay, and i can't find any info on beckett...

Griffey2004upperdeckfirstpitch.jpg

The card is a 2005 first pitch auto. Any info would be very much appreciated...

thanks,
Jacob

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
jacobbocce72 said:
certainly not a griffey collector, but had a quick question on a card and figured this is the best place to post it.

Anyone have any idea how sp'd this card is...? I don't ever see them on the bay, and i can't find any info on beckett...

thanks,
Jacob

The auto does not come up on Ebay very often. I would guess that there are less then 100. Even though they are short printed they don't sell very high.

Roy

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
Roy Birchler said:
jacobbocce72 said:

thanks,
Jacob

The auto does not come up on Ebay very often. I would guess that there are less then 100. Even though they are short printed they don't sell very high.

Roy

Last time i saw one it went for $45. That is why it will always stay in the pc, and the fact that it was pack pulled from wally world.

Thanks for the help.

-Jacob

Dec 10, 2008
Wanted to show off my first Griffey auto! Have always loved him as a player, just never collected him. I know I overpaid, but am happy with the price, as I think the card is worth it.

Scan122copy.jpg

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Thats a great card! I dont know if anyone in this thread has one!!

FYI all, i have went through and linked the cards that i have in my bucket...you can see what it will look like. Got the list back from Bruce, sending it off to MP right now!! Magic, you have mail!

Members online

Latest posts