Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
devin said:
seeing how u guys are the griffey guys i would like to know your thoughts i am looking to buy a griffey family set of 3 cards signed by jr sr and graig from line rock did they sign these cards they signed the back of them just want to be safe cause i would like to add another griffey graph to my collection

limerock.jpg

badmajama

Aug 11, 2008
this brought a tear to my eye! I've always wanted this when I was a kid and now I finally have one. This is the best mail day I've ever had!

kgj14.jpg

oh and this, too!
kgj17.jpg

devin

Aug 7, 2008
Chatfield, Minnesota
magicpapa said:
devin said:
seeing how u guys are the griffey guys i would like to know your thoughts i am looking to buy a griffey family set of 3 cards signed by jr sr and graig from line rock did they sign these cards they signed the back of them just want to be safe cause i would like to add another griffey graph to my collection

limerock.jpg
thats the 3 i am looking to buy

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
SKYWALKER said:
who won a 2006 ud uc rookie auto like this last night seller pulled early and i wanted another one :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

griff1.jpg

if another were to pop up......... what would be the most you's would go???
(remember they are /15)

oh yea a few cards in the mail here
1992limerocked.jpg
2008goudey.jpg
2007AGsilk.jpg

phxsunsfan

Aug 13, 2008
Pulled this yesterday:

Scan10042.jpg

6th Griffey I have pulled or won (wrapper redemption and contest) in the past 2 years :) Hopefully I can pull another 6 over the next few years too :)

badmajama

Aug 11, 2008
Nice Goudey Magicpapa! I wish one of those 89 UD buybacks would pop up again I will try a shot at it!

Bruce nice Griffey! Where did you get that one?

badmajama

Aug 11, 2008
I'm leaving to Tucson, AZ tomorrow for a week tomorrow and nervous as hell. I'm terrified of flying and if I sleep during the flight I might snore and I don't want to do that. I downloaded rental movies off of itunes to keep me occupied.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
badmajama said:
Nice Goudey Magicpapa! I wish one of those 89 UD buybacks would pop up again I will try a shot at it!

Bruce nice Griffey! Where did you get that one?

It was on ebay, ended early though. Good luck with the flight tomorrow. The key to surviving long flights is to take off your socks and shoes and makes fists with your toes on the carpet (I watched Die Hard yesterday, thats from the movie) I have no idea, I don't mind flying at all. I've flown across the Atlantic now 7 times now.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Great maildays everyone! The Olympics are keeping me away and I keep missing all of these incredible maildays. I just can't quit watching them!

Great cards Magic! The autos are incredible, but I really like that silk card. Very cool!

badmajama- Great stuff as always! That's my top dream card too (Mantle/Griffey dual). One of these days I'll be able to get one.

Bruce- Very nice card brother. Those are very nice. Sweet addition to your collection.

Chris- Glad to see you made it! Welcome to the new boards.

Joe

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Hey guys. I wanted to say thank you because everyone has been so helpful in keeping their eyes open in trying to help me find the cards I need for my Reflections set.

I hate to ask again, but there are 3 other cards I am looking for and I was wondering if anyone might know where I could find them. I check eBay daily and have not seen one. They are:

2006 Topps Finest Green Refractor
2006 Topps Finest Black Refractor
2006 Topps Finest Black Xfractor

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Joe

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I had a mailday a couple of days ago and finally got around to scanning it up and thought I would share.

First, a big thank you to Magic for sending me this:

2008Finest1Griffey.jpg

I really like Finest and I had not picked up an 08 yet, so thank you very much Magic for sending me my first 08 Finest card.

Then I picked this one up as well:

1994FinestBronze.jpg

I had never seen one of these before until someone posted about one on Beckett. I saw this on eBay and picked it up for cheap. For someone reason, my scanner does not like scanning Finest cards. :lol: Neither of these scans came out too well.

Joe

c&cfan

Aug 14, 2008
Long Island,NY
muskiesfan said:
Hey guys. I wanted to say thank you because everyone has been so helpful in keeping their eyes open in trying to help me find the cards I need for my Reflections set.

I hate to ask again, but there are 3 other cards I am looking for and I was wondering if anyone might know where I could find them. I check eBay daily and have not seen one. They are:

2006 Topps Finest Green Refractor
2006 Topps Finest Black Refractor
2006 Topps Finest Black Xfractor

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Joe

Hey Joe, I am going to the East Coast National tomorrow and will keep an eye out for those cards. Chris

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
SKYWALKER said:
magicpapa said:
SKYWALKER said:
who won a 2006 ud uc rookie auto like this last night seller pulled early and i wanted another one :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

griff1.jpg

if another were to pop up......... what would be the most you's would go???

1000. TO 1200. :shock: :shock:

no one else?

soxfan33

Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys! I was looking for a specific card and was going through some boxes and found these that I've had since I was a kid. I still love them. I've been collecting Griffey for a long time, and mostly have base and inserts. I have a few autos & GU, but mostly just this type of stuff.

Anyone know what ever happened to Craig?
GriffeyFamilyHolograms.jpg

Members online

Latest posts