Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Now I know who to see, when I have enough $ saved to complete the rainbow. ��

Thank you for sharing @magicpapa. That is one sweet card! ��

take_a_number_by_resresres-d4fdvyh.jpg

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio

Oh, I reckon I'm not the only one in line ;)

Probably, last in line. LOL!!! :)

You do have some AMAZING stuff and I appreciate you sharing your Griffey collection. Otherwise, I might not have a chance to see the really high end cards that are out there.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Oh, I reckon I'm not the only one in line ;)

Probably, last in line. LOL!!! :)

You do have some AMAZING stuff and I appreciate you sharing your Griffey collection. Otherwise, I might not have a chance to see the really high end cards that are out there.

Out of all the high end Griffeys people want, the only ones I don't think are in this thread are a 98 EX now and the 98 Donruss Elite Prine Numbers /4. I'm not counting 1/1s as most aren't that great honestly. Maybe the 97 Flair row 0 masterpiece and the 99 Gem Masters.

griffey0718

Jan 16, 2016
Your EBay name is janes4mvp right? We have done many deals in the past, got a lot of nice stuff from you
Oh you did?
I am. I remember I sold many cards to one Griffey collector. Maybe it's you. nice to see you here.

나의 SM-N900K 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
what is this? This card looks great. How much in market?

That is the 98 Pinnacle Express Team Pinnacle Mirror Gold. They are not numbered but I believe they have a print run of 25. They only mirrored the AL side for some reason. They are super tough and would cost a a lot when and if it ever goes to market..

griffey0718

Jan 16, 2016
That is the 98 Pinnacle Express Team Pinnacle Mirror Gold. They are not numbered but I believe they have a print run of 25. They only mirrored the AL side for some reason. They are super tough and would cost a a lot when and if it ever goes to market..
oh! is it? Thanks for your info.
Never seen before

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Out of all the high end Griffeys people want, the only ones I don't think are in this thread are a 98 EX now and the 98 Donruss Elite Prine Numbers /4. I'm not counting 1/1s as most aren't that great honestly. Maybe the 97 Flair row 0 masterpiece and the 99 Gem Masters.
I know they are in someones collection, but I still have never seen a Scan of the Red and Purple
1998GREENCALLTOARMS.jpg

deadman31

Sep 15, 2010
I know I asked about this a few posts back, but just a little update on my 1992 leaf dilemma. I managed to pick up an actual black gold preview to compare to my silvery one. Someone earlier explained to me that they weren't so much variations. Just wanted to post comparison scans.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 34

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Someone who knows more about how foil is applied in the printing process may be able to comment. I would guess that is somehow missed a step in the print process perhaps? Interesting.

deadman31

Sep 15, 2010
I took scans of the backs too which are completely different as well. Unfortunately I can't seem to upload them right now. I'll try again in a bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I have one with the first back, thought it mighta got caused by moisture , I'll have to dig it out

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
ya I'm just gonna leave it in my binder where it's been for 20+ years anyway. Really just wanted opinion/thoughts of experts here on what it might be. :)

Well Clark has a 1992 Leaf Preview so I'll need to add the Silver version to my want list. Regardless of how it exists ;)

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts