Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
Can anyone give me a lead on where to find #3 ? Prefer the whole magazine with sheet intact.

Upper Deck produced five 8 1/2" X 11" commemorative sheets in 1990. Each sheet features reprints of 1990 Upper Deck cards.
Two cards were distributed at major card shows and the other three were inserted into the Street & Smith's Baseball Annual preview guide.
Checklist

1 Ruben Sierra / Nolan Ryan / Mark McGwire / Howard 11th NSCC
2 Matt Williams / Bob Welch / Larry Walker / Nolan R San Francisco Show (Aug. 31 - Sept. 3)
3 Ken Griffey, Jr. / Bert Blyleven / Roberto Alomar Street & Smith's West
4 Olson / Gregg Jefferies / Wade Boggs Street & Smith's East
5 Ryne Sandberg / Pedro Guerrero / Tom Gordon Street & Smith's Midwest

Do you have a scan of what to look for? Are they sheets or cards? Do they look like the 1990 Upper Deck cards?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
57a62419baf50c4afbd8beff7785ff7b.jpg

2e27c7304ff0bb6786258d70fd501693.jpg

Here is one, though it doesn't match up with the info of players and release.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

deadman31

Sep 15, 2010
Do you have a scan of what to look for? Are they sheets or cards? Do they look like the 1990 Upper Deck cards?

No, I have never actually seen the street and smith one. I have read about it for long time. I figured if anyone could help it'd be you guys.

junior24fan

Jun 10, 2016
Illinois
Who all picked up the 1996 Fanfest Playing Cards that were listed?? I Think I have a couple 97's if anyones interested
I bit the bullet and bought one of the 1996 Griffey $19.99 ones he has listed. It seems that more keep popping up each day. I think there are 7 still available if anyone needs one.

If you've got any spare 97's, pm me a price I may be interested. Thanks

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I bit the bullet and bought one of the 1996 Griffey $19.99 ones he has listed. It seems that more keep popping up each day. I think there are 7 still available if anyone needs one.

If you've got any spare 97's, pm me a price I may be interested. Thanks
PM sent

Sevilst

Apr 6, 2014
Can someone help me identify this card really quick? I've done my DD and still am at a loss
http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/1998_Donruss_Collections#Donruss_Preferred_Collections

"Each of the 750 base cards are available in a Prized Collections parallel"

Donruss Baseball Prized Collections (560 copies)
Leaf Prized Collections (400 copies)
Donruss Elite Prized Collections (220 copies)
Donruss Preferred Prized Collections (55 copies)"

Problem is that this card is numbered 168 on the back in the set and I cannot match that with any number from this series. I'm fairly confident that this is a Donruss Preferred Prized Collection Refractor but unsure of which set or series it is from.
From my understanding these are limited to /55 but I cannot confirm that.

IMG_1640.jpgIMG_1641.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Can someone help me identify this card really quick? I've done my DD and still am at a loss
http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/1998_Donruss_Collections#Donruss_Preferred_Collections

"Each of the 750 base cards are available in a Prized Collections parallel"

Donruss Baseball Prized Collections (560 copies)
Leaf Prized Collections (400 copies)
Donruss Elite Prized Collections (220 copies)
Donruss Preferred Prized Collections (55 copies)"

Problem is that this card is numbered 168 on the back in the set and I cannot match that with any number from this series. I'm fairly confident that this is a Donruss Preferred Prized Collection Refractor but unsure of which set or series it is from.
From my understanding these are limited to /55 but I cannot confirm that.

View attachment 70261View attachment 70262

Card number is 718, not 168. Card number 168 was the regular Donruss Preferred card. You have the Donruss Collections version of the card & the parallel Prized Collections (PC) at that. The number is on the back of the card just not as noticeable as 168

flarick

Apr 30, 2009
South Florida

Here's the 1990 S&S Issue with a scan of the sheet inside the magazine. It's a paper insert rather than a traditional thicker sheet.
90 Street and Smith's 50th Ann Issue - NOC - Jr. Insert Sheet.jpg 90 Street and Smith's 50th Ann Issue - NOC - Jr. Insert Sheet.jpg

Here's the sheet!90 Street and Smith's 50th Ann Issue -  Jr. Insert Sheet.jpg

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
[MENTION=3327]flarick[/MENTION] thx for posting, looks like a Clark variation sheet is needed for me.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Members online

Latest posts