Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
If anyone is interested, I am selling these 2 glass plaques of Griffey from 2003 Absolute. The one is a dual baseball and base /100 and the other is a dual baseball and base to /50. Would like to sell as a pair.

Attachments

• IMG_1899.JPG
    IMG_1899.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1898.JPG
    IMG_1898.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 29

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
061115_griffey_med_FIX_76bh4u9w.gif
202387441_13b54387d8_b.jpg

OriginalEGG

Feb 6, 2017
After a BGS submission, some ebay pickups, and a Vegas meet-up with goobmcnasty...I figured it was time to update the PC pic. Have a couple more, but ran out of stands!

One day when I buy a house I'll invest in a proper display area. For now, these normally sit in team bags properly stored in a graded card box out of the light. But that's no fun so they come out to play every now and then!

b0p7oJo.jpg

q29eZLR.jpg

I'm still desperately looking for a 2016 Topps Dynasty with a unique patch on it. Doesn't have to match the ones above or be a 1/1, but it has to be a patch that is more than just a fun 4/5 color patch.

Beyond that, still hunting the following as top priorities:

Green Crusade
Red Crusade
2016 dynasty w/ logo/sleeve patch
98 Metal Universe PMG
1999 topps chrome fortune 15 ref
98 flair legacy row 1
Wonder years triple
Fleer brilliants 24k
99 ionix hologrhx
97 finest gold embossed ref
99 Finest Prominent Figures /70

Also, for those who didn't see it in the other threads, one of the recent pickups in .gif:

BkrJKYu.gif

edit: how do I make the images above not come in so page-breaking big? I hosted on imgur and then just used the links, but not sure where I can edit the size they show up as.

Sevilst

Apr 6, 2014
[MENTION=17614]OriginalEGG[/MENTION] I can help you out with your F15 refractor quest, been slowly selling off to consolidate my PC and I love seeing my cards go to good homes. PM if interested.

IMG_1706.jpg

OriginalEGG

Feb 6, 2017

Yea I don't get it.

I wasn't collecting back then, so maybe I'm missing something in the value, but it seems like some of you who were are also shocked at this price.

In my view, this is a throwback/reprint that is somehow selling for almost twice as much as the original Iconic card that it was based on.

So is this just two guys with deep pockets getting duped by the seemingly incorrect /25 claim (I believe it was /150)?

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Yea I don't get it.

I wasn't collecting back then, so maybe I'm missing something in the value, but it seems like some of you who were are also shocked at this price.

In my view, this is a throwback/reprint that is somehow selling for almost twice as much as the original Iconic card that it was based on.

So is this just two guys with deep pockets getting duped by the seemingly incorrect /25 claim (I believe it was /150)?

They def got duped. Nowhere anywhere does it say it's an SP

junior24fan

Jun 10, 2016
Illinois
Curious if anyone has any insight on these cards. Mainly just wondering if all of the MegaCards had a promotional auto offered. I picked these up in a card shop relatively cheap and was just wondering if it's worth pursuing all of the Wish List cards if they had autos.
Thanks for the help!MegaCards.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Curious if anyone has any insight on these cards. Mainly just wondering if all of the MegaCards had a promotional auto offered. I picked these up in a card shop relatively cheap and was just wondering if it's worth pursuing all of the Wish List cards if they had autos.
Thanks for the help!View attachment 70749
not sure if your are theses, but
as fpr the 1995 MegaCard....
This 25-card standard-size set offers classic glimpses and new insights into Babe Ruth. Twenty-one cards are in black-and-white, while four cards feature computer-enhanced color (11-12, 21, 24). The suggested retail price for each set was 9.99. All card fronts carry the Babe Ruth 100th Anniversary logo in gold foil. One hundred thousand sets were produced. Each set included an official entry blank to a sweepstakes featuring the following prizes: 1 Babe Ruth autographed ball, 200 Don Mattingly autographed cards, 200 Ken Griffey Jr. autographed cards and 100 Babe Ruth 165-card sets. Also included in each set was one of three limited edition (34,000) Babe Ruth Megacaps.

Wishlist
Set Information

In this 25-card standard-size set, Ken Griffey Jr. shares his personal thoughts about the game, his dreams for the future and his commitment to terminally ill and underprivileged children. The suggested retail price for each set was $9.99. Just 100,000 sets were produced, with a percentage of all proceeds to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. A sweepstakes card inside each pack entitled the collector to be entered in a chance drawing of 500 autographed collectibles (including 5 jerseys, 10 bats, 60 balls and 425 cards from this set). Also included in each set was one of three Ken Griffey Jr. MegaCaps

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Yea I don't get it.

I've heard/read 150 also
gu06-1.jpg

rewind.jpg

junior24fan

Jun 10, 2016
Illinois
not sure if your are theses, but
as fpr the 1995 MegaCard....
This 25-card standard-size set offers classic glimpses and new insights into Babe Ruth. Twenty-one cards are in black-and-white, while four cards feature computer-enhanced color (11-12, 21, 24). The suggested retail price for each set was 9.99. All card fronts carry the Babe Ruth 100th Anniversary logo in gold foil. One hundred thousand sets were produced. Each set included an official entry blank to a sweepstakes featuring the following prizes: 1 Babe Ruth autographed ball, 200 Don Mattingly autographed cards, 200 Ken Griffey Jr. autographed cards and 100 Babe Ruth 165-card sets. Also included in each set was one of three limited edition (34,000) Babe Ruth Megacaps.

Wishlist
Set Information

In this 25-card standard-size set, Ken Griffey Jr. shares his personal thoughts about the game, his dreams for the future and his commitment to terminally ill and underprivileged children. The suggested retail price for each set was $9.99. Just 100,000 sets were produced, with a percentage of all proceeds to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. A sweepstakes card inside each pack entitled the collector to be entered in a chance drawing of 500 autographed collectibles (including 5 jerseys, 10 bats, 60 balls and 425 cards from this set). Also included in each set was one of three Ken Griffey Jr. MegaCaps

Thanks for the insight. That was one thing I was trying to figure out. I'm just curious now whether or not of the 425 cards that were autographed, if they were all of the same card or if of the 25 card set if 17 individual cards for each number were autographed to make up the 425 total. & then on the Babe Ruth side of things how many of those cards featured Griffey (I know of 2 for sure) and whether or not each of those have an autographed version as well.

What's odd is I stopped at a card shop a few years back and asked if they had any Griffey's and the guy pulled out a whole stack of these cards that were autographed and slabbed with the SGC tab. I ended up buying the Ruth/Griffey in the scan. He had several, so I picked out the one with the best signature on it. In the stack, I remembered there being the Wishlist card that I have scanned as well. Long story short, I was back in the area a couple of weeks ago for work and stopped at the same shop to see if any of the autos were still there. The only one left was the Wishlist card I scanned, so I went ahead and picked it up. I just can't recall if a few years ago when I was there, if all the autos were of the same card or of different cards in the set. Okay I'm done typing, sorry for the long confusing message. Ha.

Members online

Latest posts