Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay issue-was I wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yanksfan4eva

Nov 11, 2008
I sold an item on ebay. My auction clearly states that payment is due within 3 day of closing (as long as communication is there I have no prob extending). The item ended on 6/5. I immediately sent an invoice. I sent 2 reminder invoices over the next 2.5 weeks. Finally after 3 weeks with no responses, I filed a NPB. The buyer didn't even respond immediately to that. 4 days later the buyer replies that he/she will pay. I waited 2 more days and still no payment. I closed the claim and today he/she posted a neg. I apparently can't post a neg for their actions.

Sorry for the rant, and I might get nailed to the wall by asking this, but am I in the wrong here?

thanks
ryan

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I didn't think they'd be able to drop the Neg if they were responsible for the problem. I would think eBay would remove it for you, since it is obviously retalitory.

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
Hey Ryan! No way did you do anything wrong...in fact, you are more patient that I usually am. I usually will send 2 reminders up until the 1st week has expired, and then let them kindly know that I will be forced to file an NPB if I don't hear back from them. You should be able to get the negative feedback removed with the NPB claim.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
That stinks. I can't believe some people - it's ridiculous that they would leave a negative after not paying or responding for over two weeks.

Needless to say in my opinion you are most def. not wrong in that situation, if anything you may have given them a few more days than most other sellers would have.

yanksfan4eva

Nov 11, 2008
the thing is i don't even want to leave a neg for the guy (100% on 37 trans), i just don't think it's right that a buyer who wins an auction, doesn't live up to their end of the deal, can do that to me. I've been a loyal ebay seller for 5 years with 2,030 positives and 100% until this negative.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
yanksfan4eva said:
the thing is i don't even want to leave a neg for the guy (100% on 37 trans), i just don't think it's right that a buyer who wins an auction, doesn't live up to their end of the deal, can do that to me. I've been a loyal ebay seller for 5 years with 2,030 positives and 100% until this negative.

Then you should know that you can't leave buyers negative feedback.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Philip J. Fry said:
I wouldn't have closed the claim honestly, but that's just me.

I don't think you did anything wrong, but I'm with Fry. I've only had to file a NPB once, and he paid in about a week after filing. No communication at any point before, during, or after. Just a notice that he had paid.

If you leave it open and they don't respond, ebay won't let them leave negative feedback.

Members online