Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PROMOS/SAMPLES/PREVIEWS/PROTOTYPES/PRE-PRODUCTIONS/TESTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
16910728868caa74bc96088724330753.jpg

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Picked up these two promos as part of a lot. The Extra Bases Preview is in pretty rough shape, but the price was right in my mind and I was just happy to add one.

33439803395_09f4e37689_z.jpg

33399324156_339d323a4f_z.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I bought a set of the extras bases promos directly from a fleer exec many years back and mine came that way on most of the cards. They were stuck together for a long time presumably and lost some surface paper when they were pulled apart. That quite possibly could have been the Puckett from my set…if I remember correctly, that one sold very well for me at the time.

Picked up these two promos as part of a lot. The Extra Bases Preview is in pretty rough shape, but the price was right in my mind and I was just happy to add one.

33439803395_09f4e37689_z.jpg

33399324156_339d323a4f_z.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Not sure, other than my guess is they were for approval etc. I've seen the Clark before. If I had to guess I'd say 1-2 of each...???

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Anyone know how rare these are? I've never come across one or seen one listed before. Thanks

View attachment 68950View attachment 68951

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one of the Clark's. It's a so so card to me. I think there was some speculation they weren't even real, but I got 1 of the Clark's fairly cheap, so I took a gamble on it. I definitely haven't seen multiples surface.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I have the Puckett. I remember the same speculation of their authenticity when they surfaced as well. Here's mine:

2670a.jpg 2670b.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Anyone know why the 1994 Stadium Club Pre production sample cards are hard to locate?

I think it may have more to do with the crappy player list than true rarity. Beyond Bonds and Eck, it's pretty weak. But in searching promos all the time, I don't stumble across them that often either, but I don't know if I would put them into the rare category.

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
The crappy player selection for the set probably is the reason for the lack of "hits" on the bidding sites. I still need 6 more to complete my set. :(

flarick

Apr 30, 2009
South Florida
Thanks [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION]. I've only ever seen 2 Nolan Ryan's listed for sale on eBay once or twice while I was looking for the Puckett's. With the exception of the three Josh has, the other Puckett's that sold on eBay have all sold for at least $350 or better. I had to pay $400 each for the last two that that I needed. Given the fact that these were supposed to be destroyed, it's entirely possible the other players never made their way out to the public. Since it took me forever to find my Puckett's and I had to pay around a grand for my four standards, I woulda ended a pair of those blankback/fronts the moment I saw them. He's keeping the Puckett's even though I offered the same price he's asking for the Ryan's.

You can tell by the backs of my four that they had to be at the last stage of getting that MLB license since they included it on the backs.

Just ran across this thread and have some more info on the 1992 Ace Novelty cards. I picked up three of the Griffey cards from a guy in Seattle almost 10 years ago. According to him, a senior manager with ACE coached his son on a team in Seattle. As a reward for the team, this coach distributed some ACE baseball cards to each boy (thinking the release of the cards was imminent). There were 12-14 boys on the field and each boy got about 35 cards. As the boys looked through them, there were no duplicates and the cards were printed in English, French, Spanish and Japanese. He was not sure how many cards were produced. He kept looking for the actual release in 1992 & 1993 and called the ACE corp. office periodically for an update. Each time he was told the company was still in the process of getting the necessary licensing and royalty agreements for the cards. Obviously, that never happened.

Cards his son had included Jim Abbott, Craig Biggio, George Brett, Will Clark, Andre Dawson, Mike Devereaux, Tony Fernandez, Greg Gagne, Doc Gooden, Mike Greenwell, Griffey, Jr. (3), Rickey Henderson, Mark Langston (2), Edgar Martinez, Don Mattingly (2), Kevin Mitchell, Kirby Puckett (3), Tim Raines, Harold Reynolds, Cal Ripken, Jr., Nolan Ryan (4), Ozzie Smith, Ryne Sandberg (2), David Stieb and Andy Van Slyke. He had no C/L but he had a Spanish Nolan Ryan numbered 882. In 1999 (last contact with him) he had sold an English Nolan Ryan for $260, The Spanish Ryan for $303, Ripken English for $150, Sandberg English for $125 and Kirby Puckett English and French for $255.

Griffey images attached.

1992 ACE NOVELTY SAMPLES X3.jpg

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Just ran across this thread and have some more info on the 1992 Ace Novelty cards. I picked up three of the Griffey cards from a guy in Seattle almost 10 years ago. According to him, a senior manager with ACE coached his son on a team in Seattle. As a reward for the team, this coach distributed some ACE baseball cards to each boy (thinking the release of the cards was imminent). There were 12-14 boys on the field and each boy got about 35 cards. As the boys looked through them, there were no duplicates and the cards were printed in English, French, Spanish and Japanese. He was not sure how many cards were produced. He kept looking for the actual release in 1992 & 1993 and called the ACE corp. office periodically for an update. Each time he was told the company was still in the process of getting the necessary licensing and royalty agreements for the cards. Obviously, that never happened.

Cards his son had included Jim Abbott, Craig Biggio, George Brett, Will Clark, Andre Dawson, Mike Devereaux, Tony Fernandez, Greg Gagne, Doc Gooden, Mike Greenwell, Griffey, Jr. (3), Rickey Henderson, Mark Langston (2), Edgar Martinez, Don Mattingly (2), Kevin Mitchell, Kirby Puckett (3), Tim Raines, Harold Reynolds, Cal Ripken, Jr., Nolan Ryan (4), Ozzie Smith, Ryne Sandberg (2), David Stieb and Andy Van Slyke. He had no C/L but he had a Spanish Nolan Ryan numbered 882. In 1999 (last contact with him) he had sold an English Nolan Ryan for $260, The Spanish Ryan for $303, Ripken English for $150, Sandberg English for $125 and Kirby Puckett English and French for $255.

Griffey images attached.

View attachment 70996

Awesome! I heard something similar ... heck, maybe it was from you :)

Members online