Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253 LastLast

Thread: PROMOS/SAMPLES/PREVIEWS/PROTOTYPES/PRE-PRODUCTIONS/TESTS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all - I had to buy a sample lot to get the one Alomar I needed, so I have a few left. Free to good home, just PM me with your address if you want one of these:

Mark McGwire - 2003 UD Play Ball SAMPLE (Tuff Stuff)
    Wilson Betamit - 2002 Donruss Studio SAMPLE (Beckett, silver foil)
    Greg Maddux - 2003 Diamond Kings SAMPLE (Beckett, silver foil)
    Shawn Green - 2002 Donruss Studio SAMPLE (Beckett, silver foil)
    Jimmy Rollins - 2002 Leaf SAMPLE (Beckett, silver foil)
    Collecting Roberto Alomar cards. Got rare ones? PM me and let's make a deal!
    Some key cards still on the wantlist:
    1992 Star Promo - 1993 Pinnacle Cooperstown Promo
    1995 Score Rules Jumbo - 1996 Aficionado First Pitch Preview
    1996 Select Mirror Blue & Gold - 1997 Fleer Ultra Platinum Medallion
    1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified Platinum Gold - 1997 Topps Stars All-Stars
    1997 Score Platinum and Premier Club Teams - 1998 Bowman's Best Atomic

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1997 Select - [Base] - Samples Select Company #87 - Mariano Rivera
    Courtesy of COMC.com

A Larry Walker was also listed, grabbed that one for me.
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

1K+ Club - Top Player Collections (as of 10/13/17): 1. Glaus: 2093 - 2. Rolen: 1653 - 3. Thome: 1599 - 4. Helton: 1504 - 5. Garciaparra: 1437 - 6. L. Walker: 1287 - 7. D. Ortiz: 1265 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1223 - 9. Biggio: 1054 - 10. Edmonds: 1038 - 11. A. Beltre: 1003

gofrankgo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put so stuff on eBay. Check it out.
    My main collecting interest is MLB and MLBPA approved Frank Thomas promos, previews, samples, prototypes etc ... raw and PSA. Check out my web site at www.FrankThomasPromos.com. I am also an avid collector of baseball promo sets. I have many different player promo cards for trade. If interested message or email me at gitalian1997@bellsouth.net. And the hunt continues.

gofrankgo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was there a promo/pre production set for 1995 Stadium Club baseball?
    My main collecting interest is MLB and MLBPA approved Frank Thomas promos, previews, samples, prototypes etc ... raw and PSA. Check out my web site at www.FrankThomasPromos.com. I am also an avid collector of baseball promo sets. I have many different player promo cards for trade. If interested message or email me at gitalian1997@bellsouth.net. And the hunt continues.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gofrankgo View Post
    Was there a promo/pre production set for 1995 Stadium Club baseball?
    Yes. First Day Issue and base cards were issued to dealers 1 per order form in a penny sleeve attached to the paperwork in an envelope. I think far fewer of the 1st Day cards were sent out but the base are harder to find since they were mixed in with the regular cards for sets, quarter boxes, etc. There are 9 (or maybe 10) players, same ones for both types. They have minor design/photo cropping/text arrangements on back as their most distinguishing characteristics.

Edit: I couldn't find my pic but I used to have a full order form/sell sheet/envelope with the Andy Van Slyke base version attached as they were mailed out back then.

Edit 2: Frank Thomas is not part of the promo set, just FYI
    http://junkwaxgems.wordpress.com/ My Error & Variation blog, focusing on the little-known rarities of the junk era.

http://www.comc.com/Users/JunkWaxGems,sr My COMC account, focusing on oddball, variations and promos.

gofrankgo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the information. If the base promo cards came in a 9 card factory sealed pack I have 2 of them. I. Rodrigues, card # 197, is on the back of each pack.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the information. If the base promo cards came in a 9 card factory sealed pack I have 2 of them. I. Rodrigues, card # 197, is on the back of each pack.
    I only know them to be issued one at a time per form, but wouldn't be surprised to find they were issued another way as well. Very odd your pack has two Rodriguez cards! Did you compare the back of it to the standard Rodriguez? The easiest way to tell is where the number and position are placed in relation to the photo under or near it. Or similarly by the smaller photo and its placement by the stat bars.
    http://junkwaxgems.wordpress.com/ My Error & Variation blog, focusing on the little-known rarities of the junk era.

http://www.comc.com/Users/JunkWaxGems,sr My COMC account, focusing on oddball, variations and promos.

gofrankgo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is not 2 Rodriguez cards in each pack. Rodriguez is on the back of each pack that I have. You can see the differences here. Promo is bottom scan.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I. Rodriguez Base.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	73394

Name:	I. Rodriguez PROMO 001.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	73395

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is not 2 Rodriguez cards in each pack. Rodriguez is on the back of each pack that I have. You can see the differences here. Promo is bottom scan.

Name:	I. Rodriguez Base.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	73394

Name:	I. Rodriguez PROMO 001.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	73395
    Ahh, my mistake. Very cool. Who's on the front? From what I have gathered, the checklist is: Clark, molitor, piazza, sierra, Rodriguez, Hamelin, dunston, van slyke...?

gofrankgo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are 9 players in the set. You only missed Jeff Tackett who is on the front of both of my packs. I believe there is also 1st Day Pre production cards of each player.

gofrankgo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ivan-Rodrigu...AAAOSwgKpZpzuE

The backs of the cards seem to be the same as the base promo/pre-production cards.
    Last edited by gofrankgo; 09-18-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a card, but ... I picked up this neat piece that just came in yesterday. It is an original 8x10 glossy press photo of Homer at that Bat which shows drawings of all the baseball players & Homer in black & white. I'm not sure exactly where it was used, and I don't collect random newspaper/magazine clippings, but since this is an original and is of the greatest Simpsons episode ever with my guy in it, I couldn't pass it up!

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
    Not a card, but ... I picked up this neat piece that just came in yesterday. It is an original 8x10 glossy press photo of Homer at that Bat which shows drawings of all the baseball players & Homer in black & white. I'm not sure exactly where it was used, and I don't collect random newspaper/magazine clippings, but since this is an original and is of the greatest Simpsons episode ever with my guy in it, I couldn't pass it up!

It is a lobby card. Very cool piece!

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksoncoupage View Post
    It is a lobby card. Very cool piece!
    Cool! I have something to look up later - thanks
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I collect Pedro Martinez, Mike Piazza, Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers prospects and Trevor Bauer (and anything nice that catches my eye)