Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 Collectors Choice You Crash The Game instant winner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
Does anyone have one of these cards? I have never seen one but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
I am guessing they are the same photo as the regular pack issued card but instead of a date they have
the instant winner logo in the circles with instructions to mail in the card on back.
98CCCrashTheGameCSept21.jpg
These are often if not always thought to be the instant winner cards but they are the redeemed cards if your player hit a HR on the date on the card and then you had to mail the card in to get an upgrade of the certain player.
98CCCrashTheGameDredemption.jpg
On a side note the only way to get the upgrade of Travis Lee,Jose Cruz Jr., Tim Salmon and Chipper Jones was by
mailing in the Instant Winner card which got you the whole set because the mentioned players failed to hit HR's on their
specific date making them SP's and worth more. I remembering reading on the Beckett write up of these upgrade sets
that a ton of these upgrade "WIN" sets hit the hobby in 2001 which in turn made these cards worthless.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
Jack Straw said:
I remembering reading on the Beckett write up of these upgrade sets
that a ton of these upgrade "WIN" sets hit the hobby in 2001 which in turn made these cards worthless.

so true. ive seen a flood of the redeemed or upgrade singles. and ive yet to see a 1998 of any player now that i think about it. but they were supposed to be in the packs so i have to believe they exist. i have also seen 2 1997 instant wins, a griffey that got sucked up within minutes for 150 BIN and a mcgwire which i sold for a measly 15ish

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Jack Straw said:
Does anyone have one of these cards? I have never seen one but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
I am guessing they are the same photo as the regular pack issued card but instead of a date they have
the instant winner logo in the circles with instructions to mail in the card on back.
These are often if not always thought to be the instant winner cards but they are the redeemed cards if your player hit a HR on the date on the card and then you had to mail the card in to get an upgrade of the certain player.
On a side note the only way to get the upgrade of Travis Lee,Jose Cruz Jr., Tim Salmon and Chipper Jones was by
mailing in the Instant Winner card which got you the whole set because the mentioned players failed to hit HR's on their
specific date making them SP's and worth more. I remembering reading on the Beckett write up of these upgrade sets

hey magic,

the top card was the one I was talking about... only it says july.
if everything goes right I will be able to click a pic by the end of the day :D

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
n1astrosfn said:
Jack Straw said:

so true. ive seen a flood of the redeemed or upgrade singles. and ive yet to see a 1998 of any player now that i think about it. but they were supposed to be in the packs so i have to believe they exist. i have also seen 2 1997 instant wins, a griffey that got sucked up within minutes for 150 BIN and a mcgwire which i sold for a measly 15ish

I wish I saw both of those. I wonder now how much this is worth?

97CollChoiceCrashTheGameInstantWin.jpg

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
donrusscrusademan said:
Jack Straw said:

hey magic,

the top card was the one I was talking about... only it says july.
if everything goes right I will be able to click a pic by the end of the day :D

Here is the July 7th one.
98CCCrashTheGameBJuly7.jpg

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
Its a 30 player set with each having 3 different dates plus the instant winner card. I know the instant winners
were about 1 in 721 packs or one per case. The regulars from all 4 years a semi tough not impossible. The 95 and
96 gold versions seem to be tough as in rare.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
n1astrosfn said:
Jack Straw said:

i got your email a bit late that day ::facepalm:: :cry:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=011

you didnt need this did you. the auction was current, then i clicked and it was bought. i just got a steal on the mcgwire. still have never seen either 97 or 98 bagwell instant winners. -sy

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Are the 95 gold sets worth anything? I am pretty sure I have 6 gold and at least a dozen silver at my parents home.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I'm pretty sure these are the only ones. I have another listed on my site which I believe to be a typo.

w_1998--cc--yctg--win.jpg
w_1998--cc--yctg--aug.jpg
w_1998--cc--yctg--july7.jpg
w_1998--cc--yctg--july.jpg

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
magicpapa said:
Bornagaincollector said:
magicpapa said:
Bornagaincollector said:
Here is a 1998 Albert Belle:

3905501770_22d9b67a2b_m.jpg
thats prolly the redeemed win

The back has a write up about him and his career stats.
it would have mail in info
did i send you that??

I'm not sure,I have another 98 Belle with the dates on front and the Send in info,but it doesn't say win on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts