Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone think 98 Donruss Collections PRIZED are underrated?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
HawaiianLance said:
predatorkj said:
onionring9 said:
These are a pain in the ass to find. I see the same ones over and over but never the ones I need!

Still only have 5 of the 8 McGwires.

Come again?How many were there for each player.Bags only has one listed in beckett but I wasn't aware of others for the same player.Or is this just MAC specific?

I think Onion is talking about Donruss Collections (the actual topic of this thread <g>)

And hey Onion - which ones are you missing?

Lance ;-D

My bad.sorry to be OT.Didn't mean to hijack the thread. :cool:

HawaiianLance

Aug 7, 2008
predatorkj said:
So there was an actual set of these things made and distributed?Never heard of them before.

<nodding> It had limited distribution. I have both the 'promo' version and the production version - which are, for all intents and purposes, identical. The only difference being the overprinted words "Promotional Sample".

Have no idea who actually carried the product, but it did go beyond the promo stage.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
HawaiianLance said:
predatorkj said:
onionring9 said:
These are a pain in the ass to find. I see the same ones over and over but never the ones I need!

Still only have 5 of the 8 McGwires.

Come again?How many were there for each player.Bags only has one listed in beckett but I wasn't aware of others for the same player.Or is this just MAC specific?

I think Onion is talking about Donruss Collections (the actual topic of this thread <g>)

And hey Onion - which ones are you missing?

Lance ;-D

Lance always gets my posts :)

Need these:
1998 Donruss Generations Prized Collections 130 (PC 530)
1998 Donruss Preferred Field Box Prized Collections 16 (PC 566)
1998 Donruss Preferred Preferred Power Prized Collections 183 (PC 733)

Also to complete the "collections" of McGwire I need these samples:
1998 Donruss Collections Samples 62
1998 Donruss Collections Samples 164

These are the 5 I have:
w_1998--donruss--62--pc.jpg
w_1998--donruss--164--prized_collections.jpg
w_1998--donruss_elite--13--pc.jpg
w_1998--donruss_elite--130--pc.jpg
w_1998--leaf--gls--370--ref.jpg

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
I really like these cards. I think they are underrated.

I just picked this up and it is now one of my favourite cards.
P1010177.jpg

P1110067.jpg

P1000564.jpg

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
I love these cards. I have the Prized #726 Derek Jeter and the two Samples #100 and #165 . These are pics before they graded BGS 9.5. They are quite stunning to look at. I need the Jeter #559 if anyone has one they want to part with.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 14

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I sold my Griffey and it only got $225! Usually /50 ish Griffey will command $300-$500. I have a double though so I'll keep one incase people realize they are actually hard to find( tho I've found 3)

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I like these, especially the Preferred versions. I think I opened a couple packs back in the day, and the Prized copies were even more refractory than Chrome refractors in sunlight. I always thought it was an odd product to be paralleling 4 other products, none of which really set the world on fire, but I also thought that scarcity would win out in the end. $225 for a 1998 card isn't too bad, though obviously a different brand might sell for more.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I like these, especially the Preferred versions. I think I opened a couple packs back in the day, and the Prized copies were even more refractory than Chrome refractors in sunlight. I always thought it was an odd product to be paralleling 4 other products, none of which really set the world on fire, but I also thought that scarcity would win out in the end. $225 for a 1998 card isn't too bad, though obviously a different brand might sell for more.

That's a pretty broad statement. I know that low in the Griffey/ Jeter end of cards when you start getting into rarer stuff.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Looking at ebay, with the exception of a Select prototype, yours is the highest priced 1998 card currently showing in completed items that is not actually serial numbered. I know that it has a stated print run of 55, but the actual number means a lot. Could it have gone for more? Sure. But given the variability of ebay, it seems in line.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Looking at ebay, with the exception of a Select prototype, yours is the highest priced 1998 card currently showing in completed items that is not actually serial numbered. I know that it has a stated print run of 55, but the actual number means a lot. Could it have gone for more? Sure. But given the variability of ebay, it seems in line.

Cards from 98 can reach a lot higher levels than what's on eBay. I do most of my deals for higher end cards off eBay personally.

Members online