User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1992 Mootown Snackers Question

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1992 Mootown Snackers Question

I've had this card for a while, and I didn't recognize it as being difficult when I picked it up. Mine does have the tab, and I'll probably rescan the card to display the tab.

My question is - what's the story behind these cards? Why are they so tough? Any recent sales?

Featured Contributor
    Vintage Corner

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 1992 Mootown Snackers Question

Quote Originally Posted by ajw

I've had this card for a while, and I didn't recognize it as being difficult when I picked it up. Mine does have the tab, and I'll probably rescan the card to display the tab.

My question is - what's the story behind these cards? Why are they so tough? Any recent sales?
    Their tough??? Really?? I have a crap load of them around somewhere. My kids loved the cheese back then and the cards were just a by-product of the cheese at the time. I had no idea they were tough!!

ronfromfresno
     ronfromfresno
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure Drew, the Clark hasn't seemed tough to me, I have a couple of the cards without the tab and one with the tab, but not scanned.
    I collect Will Clark and other Giants, but mostly Will Clark
    Will Clark PC: Clark Bucket
    My Trade List:Trade Bucket

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were inserted in packs of cheese. They did it for at least two years. I have about twenty of them myself. Various players.

Tom

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like you guys have the same view I do of this issue. Still, I see others talking about how tough these are. I think some of the Frank Thomas guys on the board have discussed them in the past. Maybe there's another year that's tough?

Anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like you guys have the same view I do of this issue. Still, I see others talking about how tough these are. I think some of the Frank Thomas guys on the board have discussed them in the past. Maybe there's another year that's tough?

Anyone?
    It was only tough for collectors who weren't in the regions this product was sold.

The 'mail-in tab' version was, for certain collectors who didn't live in the midwest, a regionally tough issue to obtain.

Most of the ones you see are the finished/cut versions that were obtained by mailing in the ones that were found in the cheese packages. The 'mail-in tab' are generally speaking more difficult to locate since collectors often just purchased one single package and sent it in for the complete set; the versions you most often find.

It's regionally-tough the same way some stadium giveaways (SGAs) are tough for any collector outside of the specific team/city.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianLance

Anyone?
    It was only tough for collectors who weren't in the regions this product was sold.

The 'mail-in tab' version was, for certain collectors who didn't live in the midwest, a regionally tough issue to obtain.

Most of the ones you see are the finished/cut versions that were obtained by mailing in the ones that were found in the cheese packages. The 'mail-in tab' are generally speaking more difficult to locate since collectors often just purchased one single package and sent it in for the complete set; the versions you most often find.

It's regionally-tough the same way some stadium giveaways (SGAs) are tough for any collector outside of the specific team/city.
    Are there two versions of the tabs, one that you mailed in and one that they returned to you (sort of like the 1993 Black Gold Winners)? I have a 92 Mootown with a tab, but now I'm not sure if I should be looking for a second Mootown with a different tab.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there two versions of the tabs, one that you mailed in and one that they returned to you (sort of like the 1993 Black Gold Winners)? I have a 92 Mootown with a tab, but now I'm not sure if I should be looking for a second Mootown with a different tab.
    Nope, you're set. There were only two versions.

To the best of my knowledge - the mail-in wasn't returned with the set. I say that because you never see a "filled in" version.

Although, I suppose someone with devious intent could fill one in today. But then... I can't see the point since he would essentially be destroying the value. <g>

You wanna know what I find interesting? Did you know PSA will slab the 'With Tab'? Seriously - opened up and everything. Heh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First things first. There is a 91 and a 92 MooTown set. Second you didn't mail the whole card in you just seperated
    the card at the perforation and mailed that card in to redeem your set. So essentially there is 3 different cards.
    With tab,perforated and factory. If you have alot of these with tabs still attached there are on alot of player collectors
    want lists. I personally would be interested in any 91's you have with the tab attached and 92 Puckett,Ripken,Thomas,Ryan,Brett
    and Griffey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw
    First things first. There is a 91 and a 92 MooTown set. Second you didn't mail the whole card in you just seperated
    the card at the perforation and mailed that card in to redeem your set. So essentially there is 3 different cards.
    With tab,perforated and factory.

It never occurred to me to actually 'separate' the two halves!

Seriously, I had to re-read your post to make sure you hadn't taken leave of your senses.

Why? Because it would be like asking me to cut off a finger... collecting-wise. It took me so long to find the 'With Tab' version, that even opening it for scanning is a stressful experience.

It was only after you pointed it out that I realized that - that's exactly how one would redeem the set - in 1992.

D'oh!

beanzy46
     andyscags
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw
    With tab,perforated and factory. If you have alot of these with tabs still attached there are on alot of player collectors
    want lists. I personally would be interested in any 91's you have with the tab attached and 92 Puckett,Ripken,Thomas,Ryan,Brett
    and Griffey.

I'll have to scan them, but I know I've got 2 92 Pucketts. I wasn't aware that there was a 91. I guess I've got to go back to the drawing board so to speak. I'll have to locate them and shoot you a pm if I can spare one.
    -Andy

Always looking to add to my vintage pc's and set needs, let me know what you've got!

jagr3boys
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the 91 Puck. This is the set version. No tab, clean cut. My 92 Puck is the store version w/tab. I bought a lot of cheese back then. Redeemed the 91 set, and have oddball singles from both years. I might have to do some digging.

Collecting Gary and Joe Gaetti, Ozzie Smith, Kenny Boyer, Albert Pujols, Kirby Puckett, Joe Mauer,and Brian Dinkleman. PM me if you have something you don't need that I might!

And if you want to friend me on Facebook, please let me know your online handle, since I may not know your real name!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the info, guys. This thread is really helpful, and it's stuff like this that makes the message board a real treat. I guess I need to start looking for the set version of the card. I assume there's a version out there with four clean edges and no tab, right? That's what you'd get if you redeemed the tab for the full set? If anyone's got an extra Will Clark "set" version (or whatever term the hobby uses), please let me know!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the info, guys. This thread is really helpful, and it's stuff like this that makes the message board a real treat. I guess I need to start looking for the set version of the card. I assume there's a version out there with four clean edges and no tab, right? That's what you'd get if you redeemed the tab for the full set? If anyone's got an extra Will Clark "set" version (or whatever term the hobby uses), please let me know!

I have one if you want it.. pm address.. and I will go find it..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is my 91 MooTown with tab removed and because I am ocd I still need a
    92 with the perforation

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast