Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1995 Extra Bases Sample Promo Cards - anyone know about them

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Found this doing some searching for rare promos. Anyone know about them as far as their rarity or price? The seller wants $125 for Ripken . . . seemed high, but I've never seen them.

l_b0d01649f0b6426c9b95e6da54facacd.png

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Cool! Thanks for the info. Steven Taft had the online store where I saw them for sale actually. Ripken among others. I thought they might be pretty tough. Surprised I hadn't seen any mention about them on the forum yet.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
I find it odd also? Maybe because they are not real flashy or a pack insert?
Not much is really talked about here pre 97. The whole numbering thing has most collectors attention.
Talk about rare how about the 1993 Triple Play Preview? Good luck finding one of those. I would kill for a Griffey.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Yeah! Glad Clark doesn't have one for me to have worry about. I used to think they were pretty common, but I mistook them for the 92 promos which are pretty easy to find. I'm not sure I've ever seen a 1993 Preview.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Well, Ripken isn't listed on my checklist, so hopefully I'm lucky.
Never seen one, never knew the rarity.
Good luck guys.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I'm pretty sure Ripken has a 1993 Triple Play Preview (well, at least based on Beckett), but they've been wrong a lot before. As far as I can see, Clark doesn't though, so I'm lucky :)

Also, Clark escaped this 1995 Extra Bases Promos I think which most of the big stars of the time have. Thanks for that link Jack Straw, he had a player checklist on there, and no Will!!

Russ S. said:
Good luck guys.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Russ S. said:
Good luck guys.

Are you talking about the 1995 Extra Bases Test or the 1993 Triple Play Promo, because Ripken is in both :D

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
tunahead said:
Russ S. said:
Good luck guys.

Are you talking about the 1995 Extra Bases Test or the 1993 Triple Play Promo, because Ripken is in both :D
I know he had the '93 TP PReview.

I see it now.
Listed under "1995 Fleer Extra Bases Game Test Samples 18"
I stand corrected..... :(

Have doubles of either?? :)
We still need to compare lists brother, help each other out.
I just put in an order on COMC for 51 Ripkens I needed. :)

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Russ S. said:
Have doubles of either?? :)
We still need to compare lists brother, help each other out.
I just put in an order on COMC for 51 Ripkens I needed. :)

Unfortunately I don't even have a copy of either for myself! I'm going to work on my checklist this weekend, gf is out of town, so that should give me time :)

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I know I have never seen a Bagwell extra bases test sample.Another one of those super hard to find early year cards of his.Some of this stuff is so hard I don't know if I ever will find it.Money may not even be the problem.

As for the 1993 Triple Play Previews...has anyone seen or heard of a Bagwell?I am not sure it exists because I have never seen one.Beckett doesn't list it but...yeah.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
if my memory serves me right, those werent listed in the beckett a couple of years ago. then i saw them in the beckett marketplace from that steve taft guy and sure enough beckett added it to its checklist. someone should contact them about the 1994-95 superslam jumbos, preferably someone who sells on the marketplace....

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
93 Triple Play Previews , 12 card set in order
Griffey
Alomar
Ripken
Karros
Fielder
Sheffield
Daulton
Van Slyke
Eckersley
Sandberg
Grace (little Hot Shot)
Awesome Action / Polonia/Segui

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Jack Straw said:
93 Triple Play Previews , 12 card set in order
Griffey
Alomar
Ripken
Karros
Fielder
Sheffield
Daulton
Van Slyke
Eckersley
Sandberg
Grace (little Hot Shot)
Awesome Action / Polonia/Segui

I have never seen the Grace little Hot Shot promo. Been on my list forever. I can't believe that if it exists I've never seen it, so must be really tough. That's my only card missing for Grace from 1988-1995.

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Crossed the Puckett off my need list.
33439803395_09f4e37689_z.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I know this was almost 8 years ago, but the thread came alive again and in case you had not seen Bagwell yet…

I ended up winning a full set directly from Fleer Executive Ted Taylor many years ago on ebay, maybe around 2000-2002 time frame, not sure now exactly when. Included was a bunch of notes that were part of the development process of the set. I decided to break up the set and sold singles on ebay. My plan was to keep Piazza and Frank Thomas and sell the rest. I regret doing it, although I got some really great money for some and a few went for almost nothing! Later, I also ended up selling Lance the 2 Frank Thomas cards that he discussed on his website after much debate and a dire financial need I had at the time.

At the time, I don't know if anyone had seen them before and thought they may have been unique or one of only a handful of sets, but since I broke up my set, I see a number of them are out there for sale and a number of people have their guy's card.

I'll have to see if I can find the notes. I held on to them, as it made no sense to sell them separate from the set and since I broke up the set, I just tossed the notes into a pile and forgot about them.

I know I have never seen a Bagwell extra bases test sample.Another one of those super hard to find early year cards of his.Some of this stuff is so hard I don't know if I ever will find it.Money may not even be the problem.

As for the 1993 Triple Play Previews...has anyone seen or heard of a Bagwell?I am not sure it exists because I have never seen one.Beckett doesn't list it but...yeah.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I know this was almost 8 years ago, but the thread came alive again and in case you had not seen Bagwell yet…

I ended up winning a full set directly from Fleer Executive Ted Taylor many years ago on ebay, maybe around 2000-2002 time frame, not sure now exactly when. Included was a bunch of notes that were part of the development process of the set. I decided to break up the set and sold singles on ebay. My plan was to keep Piazza and Frank Thomas and sell the rest. I regret doing it, although I got some really great money for some and a few went for almost nothing! Later, I also ended up selling Lance the 2 Frank Thomas cards that he discussed on his website after much debate and a dire financial need I had at the time.

At the time, I don't know if anyone had seen them before and thought they may have been unique or one of only a handful of sets, but since I broke up my set, I see a number of them are out there for sale and a number of people have their guy's card.

I'll have to see if I can find the notes. I held on to them, as it made no sense to sell them separate from the set and since I broke up the set, I just tossed the notes into a pile and forgot about them.

Luckily I did end up nabbing one years ago. Got it for $30 and some change I think but can't remember.

Members online

Latest posts