User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1995 Extra Bases Sample Promo Cards - anyone know about them

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crossed the Puckett off my need list.
    Collector of Kirby Puckett cards (1,900+ different, primary focus on Pre-1999 cards), Benj Sampson, Scott Stahoviak, Billy Beane, Al Newman, and Metrodome game/stadium used artifacts.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this was almost 8 years ago, but the thread came alive again and in case you had not seen Bagwell yet…

I ended up winning a full set directly from Fleer Executive Ted Taylor many years ago on ebay, maybe around 2000-2002 time frame, not sure now exactly when. Included was a bunch of notes that were part of the development process of the set. I decided to break up the set and sold singles on ebay. My plan was to keep Piazza and Frank Thomas and sell the rest. I regret doing it, although I got some really great money for some and a few went for almost nothing! Later, I also ended up selling Lance the 2 Frank Thomas cards that he discussed on his website after much debate and a dire financial need I had at the time.

At the time, I don't know if anyone had seen them before and thought they may have been unique or one of only a handful of sets, but since I broke up my set, I see a number of them are out there for sale and a number of people have their guy's card.

I'll have to see if I can find the notes. I held on to them, as it made no sense to sell them separate from the set and since I broke up the set, I just tossed the notes into a pile and forgot about them.

Quote Originally Posted by predatorkj View Post
    I know I have never seen a Bagwell extra bases test sample.Another one of those super hard to find early year cards of his.Some of this stuff is so hard I don't know if I ever will find it.Money may not even be the problem.

As for the 1993 Triple Play Previews...has anyone seen or heard of a Bagwell?I am not sure it exists because I have never seen one.Beckett doesn't list it but...yeah.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    I know this was almost 8 years ago, but the thread came alive again and in case you had not seen Bagwell yet…

I ended up winning a full set directly from Fleer Executive Ted Taylor many years ago on ebay, maybe around 2000-2002 time frame, not sure now exactly when. Included was a bunch of notes that were part of the development process of the set. I decided to break up the set and sold singles on ebay. My plan was to keep Piazza and Frank Thomas and sell the rest. I regret doing it, although I got some really great money for some and a few went for almost nothing! Later, I also ended up selling Lance the 2 Frank Thomas cards that he discussed on his website after much debate and a dire financial need I had at the time.

At the time, I don't know if anyone had seen them before and thought they may have been unique or one of only a handful of sets, but since I broke up my set, I see a number of them are out there for sale and a number of people have their guy's card.

I'll have to see if I can find the notes. I held on to them, as it made no sense to sell them separate from the set and since I broke up the set, I just tossed the notes into a pile and forgot about them.
    Luckily I did end up nabbing one years ago. Got it for $30 and some change I think but can't remember.
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12