Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Upper Deck Special FX Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
How well do these sell?

If I remember correctly, weren't these much rarer than the 1 in 4 packs Beckett lists as the
odds?

Any help would be appreciated as I have a Francisco Liriano (RC) Blue that I just picked up today.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Rumor has it they are unnumbered /25
Three years and I'm still looking for that card of Cantu along with other player collectors of this board.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
tonsofcommons said:
How well do these sell?

If I remember correctly, weren't these much rarer than the 1 in 4 packs Beckett lists as the
odds?

Any help would be appreciated as I have a Francisco Liriano (RC) Blue that I just picked up today.

They don't sell as well as they should.
Since the folks at Beckett are idiots and can't put out the right info., and the cards aren't #'d, most people overlook them.

They are HARD AS NAIL to come by. Much more rare then any card from the set.
I DARE you to buy a box, 2, 3 boxes and see if you pull anywhere near 1 in 4 packs.

They should be #'d 25. 35 Tops.

Liriano won't sell for much anymore. Unless a set collector wants it real bad. I picked up a Pujols for around $15. SOld a Stephen Drew RC for $10. I had 65 Blues at one point. Down to about 3 left.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Those that broke the product found them at 1 per box. I also remember some people confused them with the base card, especially because the blues are unnumbered. I've been tempted several times to buy out all the base ones from Becket etc. out of the slim hope of finding the blue...

Reopening an old subject, who wants to throw down for a group rip? Hell, if we did a team break I'd be happy to buy the Rays and the Braves just to try to get the two I'm missing (Gomes and Matt Diaz).

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
LWMM said:
Those that broke the product found them at 1 per box. I also remember some people confused them with the base card, especially because the blues are unnumbered. I've been tempted several times to buy out all the base ones from Becket etc. out of the slim hope of finding the blue...

Reopening an old subject, who wants to throw down for a group rip? Hell, if we did a team break I'd be happy to buy the Rays and the Braves just to try to get the two I'm missing (Gomes and Matt Diaz).

I'm in. Still looking for one Hanley, and wouldn't mind another copy of the other since mine got damaged in the mail. Also need the Billingsley and the Shoppach.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I'll have to see which ones I have when I get back into town.

Every few months these parallels are brought up.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Tomlinson21RB said:
LWMM said:

I'm in. Still looking for one Hanley, and wouldn't mind another copy of the other since mine got damaged in the mail. Also need the Billingsley and the Shoppach.

I'd be fine organising this, but most sites only seem to have scattered boxes available. Considering how ostensibly so little of this was opened, there have to be cases around somewhere; anyone have any idea where?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Pretty sure I still have these:

Drew2006UDSpecialFXBlueRefractorSPR.jpg

Milledge2006UDSpecialFXBlueSPRC999.jpg

St.jpg

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Russ S. said:
VizquelCollector said:
Russ S.":236v2s00]I had 65 Blues at one point. Down to about 3 left.[/quote] What???? Holy Mary..... I'd pay $30+ for the Vizquel![/quote] These I had and are gone. [url="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v640/megaosfan/TRADEBAIT/Traded%20-%20Gone/2006%20UD%20Special%20FX%20Blue%20Refractor%20SPs/ said:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v640/ ... tor%20SPs/[/url][/quote:236v2s00]

Wow, that's the largest batch of blues I've seen and still no Cantu :(
I was already signed up for a group break, but never happened. Count me in if this one goes through.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I like this product, but for whatever reason the Blues don't command that much. I picked mine up on Beckett Marketplace for $4.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I remembered this thread and the rarity of these, so grabbed a Vladdy that got listed on COMC for my PC.

5fbe09ab-e45d-4dc0-804f-6b74ddecd760.jpg

[MENTION=2441]r2d2[/MENTION] [MENTION=3600]VizquelCollector.com[/MENTION] - any luck in the last three years? These still as tough to find as you thought then? Has the collecting world caught on to their rarity?

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I've got a Greg Maddux if anyone is interested. Bought on COMC and just have it sitting in my inventory. Says BV is only $3 and it won't let me list it for more than $15 so it's just sitting there until I decide to ship some cards back home.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I remembered this thread and the rarity of these, so grabbed a Vladdy that got listed on COMC for my PC.

@r2d2 @VizquelCollector.com - any luck in the last three years? These still as tough to find as you thought then? Has the collecting world caught on to their rarity?

Nothing yet, but it'll pop up eventually. More likely that one of you guys will stumble across one and I'll happily pay for your luck!

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I found that batch of 30+ at a card show about a year ago. Sold them all between $5-$15. Had a few issues with buyers that didn't believe they were /25 but overall people knew what they were.

Members online

Latest posts