Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 103

Thread: Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection complete 126/126 (1/13/18)

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles CA
    Posts
    710
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mega Post: Mexican born players autograph collection 109/113

    You really have a great collection, good luck with the last 4 cards.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/151259...albums/with/72
    http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i454/waulk11/
    Looking for 2009 BC red ref of Agon!!!!
    PC Adrian Gonzalez, Antoine Walker

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    2,723
     arturohillo
     arturohillo
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mega Post: Mexican born players autograph collection 109/113

    Quote Originally Posted by Waulk11
    You really have a great collection, good luck with the last 4 cards.
    Thanks a lot! You got PM
    My bucket
    Edgar Gonzalez Collection: - the 1/1's: 108/111 (97.3%) Have 12 1/1s out of 29
    Jorge Cantu Collection: 487 / 688 (70.78%), 58 1/1s (14 non plates)
    - the 1/1's: 429/443 (96.84%)
    Total Mexican Collection: 4,054
    Mexican autographs: 126/126 and baseballs 113/126

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    2,723
     arturohillo
     arturohillo
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mega Post: Mexican born players autograph collection 110/113

    Woah, I must have earned some good karma somewhere or the universe thought I needed some cheering up. One day after my hometown was eliminated in the first round of the playoffs and one day before I must return to Monterrey to Med School after holiday vacations I got a forward e-mail from my dad sent originally a guy that writes a lot about our team from the 70's and 80's. He was auctioning a signed baseball by the team of circa 82.
    The baseball included several stars but my eyes jumped when I saw a not very popular name but none the less someone who made MLB and is a very though autograph and when I saw a picture of the signature I told him I'll buy it right away:

    37.- German Barranca


    Although there's no hobby in Mexico, so no market, the ball wasn't cheap, $50, but I paid them immediately because people have offered $50 to Barranca for an autograph and he has declined.

    I will still be looking for a card, index card, postcard or whatever from him, but for now I will focus on the other players.

    When my friend from Phoenix brings me mail I will have another auto from a player I don't have (Alfredo Aceves on a baseball) who I'll also try TTM the next spring, so I'll be missing only two!
    My bucket
    Edgar Gonzalez Collection: - the 1/1's: 108/111 (97.3%) Have 12 1/1s out of 29
    Jorge Cantu Collection: 487 / 688 (70.78%), 58 1/1s (14 non plates)
    - the 1/1's: 429/443 (96.84%)
    Total Mexican Collection: 4,054
    Mexican autographs: 126/126 and baseballs 113/126

  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    824
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection 110/113 (1/8)

    Nice progress. I'm still at 38/42.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    2,723
     arturohillo
     arturohillo
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection 110/113 (1/8)

    Got this TTM (I must try him again)

    106.- Alfredo Aceves


    This puts me 111/113

    Missing two autos:
    * Marcelino Solis
    * Miguel Puente

    And in card from Aceves and German Barranca
    My bucket
    Edgar Gonzalez Collection: - the 1/1's: 108/111 (97.3%) Have 12 1/1s out of 29
    Jorge Cantu Collection: 487 / 688 (70.78%), 58 1/1s (14 non plates)
    - the 1/1's: 429/443 (96.84%)
    Total Mexican Collection: 4,054
    Mexican autographs: 126/126 and baseballs 113/126

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,216
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection 111/113 (2/8)

    Do you consider Ted Williams to be Mexican?

  7. #37
    Senior Member tramers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    hickory nc
    Posts
    18,167
     tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection 111/113 (2/8)

    if you need a minor leaguer playing in South atlantic league lmk

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    3,080
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection 111/113 (2/8)

    Great collection and congrats on the Barranca!


    Baseball Needs: Larry Walker - Looking for autos, Patches and Rare cards.

    Looking for Canadians playing/played in the NFL, NBA, MLB, PGA, LPGA, really anything Canadian.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    2,723
     arturohillo
     arturohillo
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection 111/113 (2/8)

    Quote Originally Posted by elmalo
    Do you consider Ted Williams to be Mexican?
    Just collecting Mexican born.

    Quote Originally Posted by tramers
    if you need a minor leaguer playing in South atlantic league lmk
    Thanks a lot for your help; I'll keep an eye on the league. Who is your home team?

    Quote Originally Posted by jarcar
    Great collection and congrats on the Barranca!
    Thanks a lot. He's really a though one and specially for a living player and that played not that long ago. But just one of those special cases where the player doesn't sign autos after his playing days.
    My bucket
    Edgar Gonzalez Collection: - the 1/1's: 108/111 (97.3%) Have 12 1/1s out of 29
    Jorge Cantu Collection: 487 / 688 (70.78%), 58 1/1s (14 non plates)
    - the 1/1's: 429/443 (96.84%)
    Total Mexican Collection: 4,054
    Mexican autographs: 126/126 and baseballs 113/126

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,216
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection 111/113 (2/8)

    Quote Originally Posted by r2d2
    Quote Originally Posted by elmalo
    Do you consider Ted Williams to be Mexican?
    Just collecting Mexican born.

    Quote Originally Posted by tramers
    if you need a minor leaguer playing in South atlantic league lmk
    Thanks a lot for your help; I'll keep an eye on the league. Who is your home team?

    Quote Originally Posted by jarcar
    Great collection and congrats on the Barranca!
    Thanks a lot. He's really a though one and specially for a living player and that played not that long ago. But just one of those special cases where the player doesn't sign autos after his playing days.
    Veo .I wasnt sure if you were doing Mexican born or Mexican american as well.

  11. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    2,723
     arturohillo
     arturohillo
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection 111/113 (2/8)

    Quote Originally Posted by elmalo
    Quote Originally Posted by r2d2
    Quote Originally Posted by elmalo
    Do you consider Ted Williams to be Mexican?
    Just collecting Mexican born.

    Quote Originally Posted by tramers
    if you need a minor leaguer playing in South atlantic league lmk
    Thanks a lot for your help; I'll keep an eye on the league. Who is your home team?

    Quote Originally Posted by jarcar
    Great collection and congrats on the Barranca!
    Thanks a lot. He's really a though one and specially for a living player and that played not that long ago. But just one of those special cases where the player doesn't sign autos after his playing days.
    Veo .I wasnt sure if you were doing Mexican born or Mexican american as well.
    Then my list would multiply 5 times at least and it would be hard to track them. And right now there is a mess in the press with who we call "Mexican" because of players like Adrian Gonzalez, his brother, Sergio Mitre, Augie Ojeda, etc. Everyone has their own list of Mexican players, that's why I'm sticking with just Mexican born.
    My bucket
    Edgar Gonzalez Collection: - the 1/1's: 108/111 (97.3%) Have 12 1/1s out of 29
    Jorge Cantu Collection: 487 / 688 (70.78%), 58 1/1s (14 non plates)
    - the 1/1's: 429/443 (96.84%)
    Total Mexican Collection: 4,054
    Mexican autographs: 126/126 and baseballs 113/126

  12. #42
    Senior Member Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,840
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection 111/113 (2/8)

    Quote Originally Posted by r2d2
    Quote Originally Posted by elmalo
    Quote Originally Posted by r2d2
    Quote Originally Posted by elmalo
    Do you consider Ted Williams to be Mexican?
    Just collecting Mexican born.

    Quote Originally Posted by tramers
    if you need a minor leaguer playing in South atlantic league lmk
    Thanks a lot for your help; I'll keep an eye on the league. Who is your home team?

    Quote Originally Posted by jarcar
    Great collection and congrats on the Barranca!
    Thanks a lot. He's really a though one and specially for a living player and that played not that long ago. But just one of those special cases where the player doesn't sign autos after his playing days.
    Veo .I wasnt sure if you were doing Mexican born or Mexican american as well.
    Then my list would multiply 5 times at least and it would be hard to track them. And right now there is a mess in the press with who we call "Mexican" because of players like Adrian Gonzalez, his brother, Sergio Mitre, Augie Ojeda, etc. Everyone has their own list of Mexican players, that's why I'm sticking with just Mexican born.
    Ya gotta draw the line somewhere. You have a sick collection of difficult autos! GL on the last couple.

  13. #43
    Senior Member tramers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    hickory nc
    Posts
    18,167
     tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection 111/113 (2/8)

    Hickory Crawdads home team but vistors easy to get . if no card i use ticket stubs

  14. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    2,723
     arturohillo
     arturohillo
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection 111/113 (2/8)

    I already had the baseball signed, but I needed a flat also and I was fortunate to find one, I never had the chance at one before:

    37. German Barranca


    Still looking for Miguel Puente and Marcelino Solis to finish the project..
    My bucket
    Edgar Gonzalez Collection: - the 1/1's: 108/111 (97.3%) Have 12 1/1s out of 29
    Jorge Cantu Collection: 487 / 688 (70.78%), 58 1/1s (14 non plates)
    - the 1/1's: 429/443 (96.84%)
    Total Mexican Collection: 4,054
    Mexican autographs: 126/126 and baseballs 113/126

  15. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    564
     kcroyalshistory
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection 111/113 (2/8)

    Congrats! Barranca is a pain in the butt.

    Here's mine:



    The toughest living Royal for me was probably Barranca or Steve Hovley (although there are still a few I don't have - Roland de la Maza and Dwight Taylor being a couple that seem somewhat tough, although I have heard of some successes).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •