Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett doesn't mind grading unnumbered 2006 gold refractors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
[ebay:juow9f8w]230426726144[/ebay:juow9f8w]

First one I've seen encapsulated even if it's BCCG. This seller has a limitless supply, it seems: sold five unnumbered Gallagher gold refractors since last October.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
cgilmo said:
they have graded them through BGS as well

every one i have seen has had a notation on the label that it was the unnumbered version

Gilmore,
I have seen at least one that was UNNUMBERED and NOT labeled so on the bgs holder...

I will see if I can find it.

skrip

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
muchuckwagon said:
Bigboyd is a bulk grader...not sure how they obtain the cards but their business model appears to be grade everything.

Having met bigboyd numerous times at shows here in Phoenix, I can say he is not above selling those cards

Derek2011

Aug 7, 2008
Bainbridge,PA
ballerskrip said:
cgilmo said:

every one i have seen has had a notation on the label that it was the unnumbered version

Gilmore,
I have seen at least one that was UNNUMBERED and NOT labeled so on the bgs holder...

skrip

I personally have purchased a Kyle Blanks Gold that was graded and not noted. I have since sent it back to the seller for a full refund.

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008
pardon my ignorance, but why arent these serial numbered? I bought a few Melky Cabrera 06 bowman sterling golds from this seller that also werent numbered.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
rebelsbaseball3 said:
pardon my ignorance, but why arent these serial numbered? I bought a few Melky Cabrera 06 bowman sterling golds from this seller that also werent numbered.

This is EXACTLY why I hate these cards...

Somehow, hundreds of these were obtained unnumbered. No one will provide any information as to where they came from or how many of each they purchased, but there are a ton out there. The #'d Blacks from 06 Sterling are out of 25 and the #'d Golds from 06 Sterling are out of 10, but these unnumbered phonies are seemingly limitless. Problem is, only the advanced collector knows to look for the difference, especially when people like Big Boyd advertise arbitrary book value in their item titles (that are impertinent to the unnumbered cards). It's total BS, especially for someone like me who has paid high prices for the NUMBERED Will Venable copies of both cards.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
JEA2880 said:
rebelsbaseball3 said:

...especially when people like Big Boyd advertise arbitrary book value in their item titles (that are impertinent to the unnumbered cards). It's total BS, especially for someone like me who has paid high prices for the NUMBERED Will Venable copies of both cards.

Yep. Big Boyd has no problem scamming people this way.

I agree it is always caveat emptor, but, at the same time, other than a few boards, this situation has gotten no publicity

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
ballerskrip said:
cgilmo said:

Gilmore,

skrip

Yeah I started the thread about a Sandoval Chrome Gold not labeled.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-BOWMAN-CHROME- ... 2a040cc0b4

I wanted to buy it but then I read that it was not numered nor did BGS note that on the label.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75369

~AJ

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008
JEA2880 said:
rebelsbaseball3 said:

This is EXACTLY why I hate these cards...

Somehow, hundreds of these were obtained unnumbered. No one will provide any information as to where they came from or how many of each they purchased, but there are a ton out there. The #'d Blacks from 06 Sterling are out of 25 and the #'d Golds from 06 Sterling are out of 10, but these unnumbered phonies are seemingly limitless. Problem is, only the advanced collector knows to look for the difference, especially when people like Big Boyd advertise arbitrary book value in their item titles (that are impertinent to the unnumbered cards). It's total BS, especially for someone like me who has paid high prices for the NUMBERED Will Venable copies of both cards.

luckily i obtained them all for under 10 bucks, and i do believe one is Bccg graded. Live and learn!

Members online