Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Patch Rant #2!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Meh, it's a $1.99 pack...

...as I've said before, at least Topps hasn't done it in their high-end products yet, unlike UD (referring to the manufactured patches).

Nov 6, 2009
Texas
The Uggla and the last one do say Game Worn Jersey on the front.

The Hat logos are manu's, and they said that to begin with in the sales info, I believe.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Sly said:
Meh, it's a $1.99 pack...

...as I've said before, at least Topps hasn't done it in their high-end products yet, unlike UD (referring to the manufactured patches).

The UD manufactured patches could not have been confused with jersey patches. That's the difference. Calling something a "hat logo" on the front is far shittier in my opinion than having something like this:

2008-1427.jpg

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
It is really sad...I wonder how many manufactured patches they can buy for every 1 GU jersey they can pass on???

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008
i think the manufactured patches are all junk.. but dont see an issue with the game used jerseys as long as they all come out with patches on them. If they mixed them up with plain jerseys and patches, then i would have an issue.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Rickey Henderson collectors are just happy to see all these new Rickeys! I think he has 4 different hat patches coming out... think of it from our perspective. We don't get any new Rickey cards these days, and what little comes out seems to be base cards. So these new patch cards are kind of exciting for us!

It will be interesting to see sellers trying to pass these off as real GU patches 10 years down the road, if they really don't mention commemorative patch somewhere on them...

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
ONLY 4 ?...THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE WHAT LIKE 15 DIFFRENT TEAM PATCHES OF HIS :cool:

RL24 said:
Rickey Henderson collectors are just happy to see all these new Rickeys! I think he has 4 different hat patches coming out... think of it from our perspective. We don't get any new Rickey cards these days, and what little comes out seems to be base cards. So these new patch cards are kind of exciting for us!

It will be interesting to see sellers trying to pass these off as real GU patches 10 years down the road, if they really don't mention commemorative patch somewhere on them...

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I don't think anyone can deny that this hurts the authentic legit game worn patch/logo card market. I mean, how can you really be sure you've got anything game used anymore? The perception is gone....

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
RL24 said:

"Rickey don't approve of fake Rickey patches" - Rickey

:lol:

Members online

Latest posts