Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Transactions Forum Rules and FAQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Post All Transactions Here

PayPal Gift Payments:
Just a heads up to everyone, those who choose to make payments on the board using the "gift" option on Paypal, you have no recourse on those payments and there isnt anything we can do for you. Please keep this in mind and be careful.

Rules:

1. There is NO reason to bump a thread that is on the first page, especially when the last three replies are all your bumps. Dont make there be a need to make a rule with suspensions attached.

2. NO multiple sale/trade threads or buy/trade threads. One TOTAL and that does not mean you can bump your old ones as well. Multiple threads will be merged or locked This rule has been temporarily suspended, post away.

3. SHIP WITH DC, if you don't, be prepared for chargebacks from those claiming they haven't received items and if someone indicates they didn't receive their end and you have no DC, well, you know who will have a problem.

4. Yes, being a slow shipper does make you a bad trader. Everyone understands that life happens. If you communicate with your trading partner, it makes it easier. IF YOU CANT SHIP WHEN STATED, LET THE OTHER PARTY KNOW!

5. LEAVE FEEDBACK for your trades! It is the only way other traders will know what type of experience you had. You will be doing a service for everyone around you and will make this a far more honest forum. Retaliatory feedback will not be tolerated and will be an easy way to by yourself a vacation from the site.

6. USE THE TRADE MANAGER Everyone complained about not having one. Use it. It's the only way a moderator will get involved with a trade gone bad.

7. LIST A PRICE If you are posting a sale thread, ensure that each card has a sale price. This is a must, and deviation will be deleted. If you are selling as a lot, list a lot price. If listed as a lot, please do not solicit individual sales to skirt the rule. This rule was asked for, by YOU, the members of this great community.

8. FRESH IMAGES as need arrises on high dollar cards admins or trade partners may request a fresh image of the card in question with a date stamp. This is to help reaffirm possession of the card. You must comply with such requests to trade here.

Last edited by a moderator:

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Re: Paypal Gift Payments-PLEASE READ

There is another personal option that you can use that doesn't charge fees, right? Can't remember which one... Payment Owed, maybe?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston

phillyfan0417 said:
mredsox89 said:
any of the non-fee payments do not come with the paypal protection.

Exactly, unless you trust the person 100%, i would not use the gift option.

I only do it for people I trust or board members if the transaction is <$10.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey

phillyfan0417 said:
tribefan2427 said:
from what i have heard it appears. paypal is now making the sender pay the fees

I think that is happening in cases where gift payment are being made to businesses.

I have a business account and I just pay the fee's if sending a gift. I guess they dont allow business accounts to send gifts..

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA

Marro said:
phillyfan0417 said:
tribefan2427 said:

I think that is happening in cases where gift payment are being made to businesses.

I have a business account and I just pay the fee's if sending a gift. I guess they dont allow business accounts to send gifts..

You have to pay the fees if you are using a credit card.. If you are sending money out of your checking account, they don't charge fees..(at least not yet)

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey

Pinbreaker said:
Marro said:
phillyfan0417 said:
tribefan2427 said:

You have to pay the fees if you are using a credit card.. If you are sending money out of your checking account, they don't charge fees..(at least not yet)

Thanks, Just looked at seen that, I have my debit card as a back up and not instant transfer from my bank account.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
PBABOWLER5151 receives -

2007 Morneau TTT Bat
2007 Venezuelan TTT GU
2008 Carmona/Joba/Sizemore TTT GU
2008 Oswalt No Hit Triple Threads
2004 Bowman Sterling Quentin auto

archiebunkerjr receives -

2008 Donruss Playoff Prime Cuts Rick Porcello 85/249 auto

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
archiebunkerjr said:
PBABOWLER5151 receives -

2007 Morneau TTT Bat
2007 Venezuelan TTT GU
2008 Carmona/Joba/Sizemore TTT GU
2008 Oswalt No Hit Triple Threads
2004 Bowman Sterling Quentin auto

archiebunkerjr receives -

2008 Donruss Playoff Prime Cuts Rick Porcello 85/249 auto

You are supposed to create a new thread when you post a transaction..

dodgerblue

Jul 12, 2012
Is there some kind of FCB etiquette for when a forum member commits in writing to purchase something but never follows through? I had a recent case where a price was agreed upon by both parties, but it has been more than one week and the buyer has not paid yet. A reminder message was sent after 1 week, but no reply.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Is there some kind of FCB etiquette for when a forum member commits in writing to purchase something but never follows through? I had a recent case where a price was agreed upon by both parties, but it has been more than one week and the buyer has not paid yet. A reminder message was sent after 1 week, but no reply.

Negative feedback.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

Yep. Don't be afraid to drop a neg bomb.

A_Pharis

Yep. Don't be afraid to drop a neg bomb.

As this has come up in another thread - this isn't black and white.
Some people tend to be EXTREMELY pushy once a certain point gets reached. Just as shipping can get slow sometimes - actually sending payment can get slow. The easiest way to drive off of a buyer is to PM them an absurd amount of times. If they don't respond by PM 3 - move on. If people leave negatives for people backing out then do we allow people to leave negatives for pushy sellers?

It's scary the amount of common sense calls that cause so much befuddlement. As someone who has been turned off by pushy sellers (not those wanting payment - but those who have a bite and start hammering for a deal), I sympathize with people who'd rather ignore you that try to communicate with someone who is ambushing you with PMs.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
The forum rules say one only one thread per seller - is there a way to delete a post once a sale is made?

I can't figure out how to delete a thread.

Or do I just reuse my original post with a new title, which then leaves some nonsense looking replies?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
The forum rules say one only one thread per seller - is there a way to delete a post once a sale is made?

I can't figure out how to delete a thread.

Or do I just reuse my original post with a new title, which then leaves some nonsense looking replies?

you dont have to worry about it. it will eventually work its way to the back pages.

Members online