Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Nice T207 Lewis :)
Thats a BIG TIME card, dont know if others know that, just wanted to point it out.

Looking for good deals on attractive toughies is my game now... :)
My last pickup when I got my mail... Im trying to buy mostly under $50 cards now.

1910t212tennantpsa4.jpg

1910 T212-2-2 Tom Tennant

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
Nice pickups all, I have been going through tough some times ...Injury...Surgery..and the pain of selling off a great deal of my Cards to pay Bills. Good luck to all ,and have a great Holiday Season.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
bikerider60 said:
Nice pickups all, I have been going through tough some times ...Injury...Surgery..and the pain of selling off a great deal of my Cards to pay Bills. Good luck to all ,and have a great Holiday Season.

Get healthy! Cards will continue to be around and are fun but not a necessity.
DANNY

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
There is nothing like buying a vintage card... the thrill of finally holding one in my hands is better than any 1/1.

1954 Bowman Virgil Trucks came today. It isn't here long though because I am going to drop it in the mail tonight for TTM

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
There is nothing like buying a vintage card... the thrill of finally holding one in my hands is better than any 1/1.

1954 Bowman Virgil Trucks came today. It isn't here long though because I am going to drop it in the mail tonight for TTM
1954 Bowman you say? Decent set I have a couple ;) Here's my Trucks.

198.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
birdsfan85 said:
TBTwinsFan said:

1954 Bowman you say? Decent set I have a couple ;) Here's my Trucks.

198.jpg

:D

I wrote a letter and I am sending it too him tomorrow along with some other nice ones :D

He is such a great ttm signer... I also requested his book info (from him, always cool to get things like that).

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Just got my SGC submission grades in, can't wait till these get here:

1 1909 Piedmont Cigarettes T206 MICKEY DOOLIN 40
2 1909 Piedmont Cigarettes T206 SHERRY MAGEE Portrait 40

brings me up to 8 for my phillies set, all in sgc 40

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Lancemountain said:

Awesome. Great choice with SGC, they really do a great job.

Brian

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Zan said:
Lancemountain said:

Awesome. Great choice with SGC, they really do a great job.

Brian

aint that the truth!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
SGC is my first option when looking to buy an older card, as I also prefer their setup as opposed to PSA. An 40 on an SGC card is a nice, not quite too expensive grade card on the tobacco cards especially and is a grade of choice by me, usually.
DANNY

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Ya, SCG-40 is a great grade for eye appeal and price on T cards.
........below that you will get creases etc. sometimes, and above that is sometimes too pricey for the average collector

::facepalm:: Haha on the Duffy Lewis mixup. I usually dont trust PSA labels, and now again they choke! BIGTIME

Funny thing is when I saw it, I thought to myself for a second "why dont I recognize this card?", I know Ive seen an Irving Lewis many times before with and w/o the patch on sleeve, and the Lowdermilk and Miller too, many times :lol:
Im getting old....

Oh well, its still a nice card even if its not the $20K one :)

Maybe you can sell it for a premium (to the PSA Haters) like that T206 Heinie Wagner labeled as Honus Wagner by PSA, that keeps floating around and sells for 10X more than it should.

Latest noncard pickups
1950charmrobinson1.jpg

1950 PX-Unc. Jackie Robinson (scarce bronze round)

1935quakeroatsruthscorer.jpg

1935 Quaker Oats Babe Ruth Scorer Fob (Boston Braves variation)

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
fkw said:
::facepalm:: Haha on the Duffy Lewis mixup. I usually dont trust PSA labels, and now again they choke! BIGTIME

Funny thing is when I saw it, I thought to myself for a second "why dont I recognize this card?", I know Ive seen an Irving Lewis many times before with and w/o the patch on sleeve, and the Lowdermilk and Miller too, many times :lol:
Im getting old....

Oh well, its still a nice card even if its not the $20K one :)

Maybe you can sell it for a premium (to the PSA Haters) like that T206 Heinie Wagner labeled as Honus Wagner by PSA, that keeps floating around and sells for 10X more than it should.
Wow, I always thought they put Irving because that was his birth name (turns out it's George Edward)

:::sigh:::

Oh well, probably wasn't going to send anything into PSA anyways....and it will most likely stay in my PC.

AK11

May 24, 2010
A nice T206 at the right price:

lajoieT206OldMill.jpg

It's low grade for sure, but the combo of a Lajoie portrait with an Old Mill back made this card worth it.

Members online

Latest posts