Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martincp

Aug 10, 2008
Re: OFFICIAL- Vintage Pickup Thread.

Chris D. said:
Nice cards, guys. I pretty much focusing on pre-war now. I thought I would show these. I have a Walter Johnson coming. I have caught the bug.

t206cobb.jpg

t206mathewson.jpg

Chris D - superb pickups!!!
Hoping to obtain a Mathewson this year but a Cobb is out of reach for now with the British pound losing 25% of its value against the dollar in the last three months.............

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008

martincp said:
Chris D. said:
Nice cards, guys. I pretty much focusing on pre-war now. I thought I would show these. I have a Walter Johnson coming. I have caught the bug.

Chris D - superb pickups!!!
Hoping to obtain a Mathewson this year but a Cobb is out of reach for now with the British pound losing 25% of its value against the dollar in the last three months.............

Unfortunately, things are tough financially all over the world right now.

And thanks. I was able to land the Cobb by selling some high-end newer stuff.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008

Chris D. said:

t206cobb.jpg

I. WANT. THAT. COBB.
:shock: :shock:

Incredible pickups. May I recommend you take a look at the E90 sets? (E90-E96?) Some really nice cards just like T206s, and lots of HOF'ers! :)

Here's my Hooper from that set:

e91harryhooperfront.jpg

The vintage bug bites hard! Are you going for prewar vintage cards of all of the 36' HOF members?? :D

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008

scotty21690 said:
Chris D. said:

t206cobb.jpg

I. WANT. THAT. COBB.
:shock: :shock:

Incredible pickups. May I recommend you take a look at the E90 sets? (E90-E96?) Some really nice cards just like T206s, and lots of HOF'ers! :)

Here's my Hooper from that set:

e91harryhooperfront.jpg

The vintage bug bites hard! Are you going for prewar vintage cards of all of the 36' HOF members?? :D

Thanks, Scotty. I love the Cobb. It's my favorite Cobb of the 4 in the T206 set. Beautiful colors. I'll check out the E90 sets. I'm open to most any pre-war, and yes, I am trying to complete the inaugural HOF class! I'm going for cards from their playing days. I literally sold, or am selling every newer card in my collection except for the Mattinglys. This stuff is my passion. I love it.

martincp

Aug 10, 2008

Chris - I agree on the appearance of this Cobb - the colours and pose are fantastic.

Scotty - the Caramel cards are great too. In fact there are so many pre-1920 cards that have phenomenal eye-appeal - the t201s, t202s, t-3's, Old Judge's, N175s and many more.....

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......

Chris D. said:

t206cobb.jpg

t206mathewson.jpg

WOW, hope you feel better after catching the bug! Those are just amazing cards!!

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008

MaineMule said:
Chris D. said:

WOW, hope you feel better after catching the bug! Those are just amazing cards!!

Thanks, Maine. Love your state! Go there every July.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......

Chris D. said:
MaineMule said:
[quote="Chris D.":1nfz74qa]Nice cards, guys. I pretty much focusing on pre-war now. I thought I would show these. I have a Walter Johnson coming. I have caught the bug.

Thanks, Maine. Love your state! Go there every July.[/quote:1nfz74qa]

Shhh, don't tell everyone how great it is here...where do you go...?

Only been to NY a few times. Finally made it to Yankee Stadium and Shea this past July.......

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008

MaineMule said:
Chris D. said:
MaineMule said:
[quote="Chris D.":59rtw1g2]Nice cards, guys. I pretty much focusing on pre-war now. I thought I would show these. I have a Walter Johnson coming. I have caught the bug.

Thanks, Maine. Love your state! Go there every July.

Shhh, don't tell everyone how great it is here...where do you go...?

Only been to NY a few times. Finally made it to Yankee Stadium and Shea this past July.......[/quote:59rtw1g2]

Bridgeton. Right on a lake. Beautiful and quiet. My wife has family that has a house in Harrison so we hang there too.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......

This is the 2nd to last card I need for this set in EX or better condition.

[center:pi71hmyd]53BowmanBerra.jpg[/center:pi71hmyd]

This was my first Live.com purchase. I am a "corner man" more than a "centering man" so as long as the white border is showing I am ok with cards like this for my set. One to go and that would be M-I-C-K-E-Y. Scanning the rest of the set is my winter project.

rc4157

Aug 10, 2008

Congratulations on the near completion MaineMule. That is quite an accomplishment. I look forward to seeing the set scanned.

RC

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......

rc4157 said:
Congratulations on the near completion MaineMule. That is quite an accomplishment. I look forward to seeing the set scanned.

RC

I do too, though not looking forward to the actual scanning........

This was my 1st pick up for this set in 4-5 years.........contemplating gettting the whole set graded some day. I have several (Reese, Musial, Ford) that are PSA 5, the rest are raw.

brumbach

Sold a bunch of stuff to cover these. The '56 is a keeper, going to hold on to the '53 for a while, the '58 is already listed in my eBay store, and am going to send in the rest to PSA to slab.
scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA

brumbach said:
Sold a bunch of stuff to cover these. The '56 is a keeper, going to hold on to the '53 for a while, the '58 is already listed in my eBay store, and am going to send in the rest to PSA to slab.
scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

I'm envious!!!!!!! Mantle cards WITH autographs....that is great. I will get a 53 Mantle (non-autographed) one of these days.
DANNY

martincp

Aug 10, 2008

brumbach - beautiful additions to your collection!!!!

Four more t206s - all commons with ordinary backs:

BillAbstein.jpg

EdSummers.jpg

SimonNicholls.jpg

and rather stupidly bid on and won my second duplicate - why?

GeorgePerring1.jpg

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.

another one for the HOF Rookie collection
Reese1941DoublePlay.jpg

Thanks-
Dan
PS- I've updated my HOF Bucket, its tuff keeping it current, anyways if your bored take a look!

Members online

Latest posts