Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
I have owned this card once before, my example was a BVG 6 though, and nowhere near this nice. Instantly vaults up to one of my favorites.

1968 Topps #177

image.jpg1_zpsw7g4mynb.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I have owned this card once before, my example was a BVG 6 though, and nowhere near this nice. Instantly vaults up to one of my favorites.

1968 Topps #177

image.jpg1_zpsw7g4mynb.jpg

Wow. Missed this earlier. Beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Finally found another T209 Contentnea card of a Roanoke player! This brings me to 5 of the 12!
DANNY

Nice card Danny. I have looked into the Winston-Salem NC players but they always sell really high when they come up. They don't come up for sale much either. I assume the Roanoke ones aren't any different. Good luck finding the rest of them.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Nice card Danny. I have looked into the Winston-Salem NC players but they always sell really high when they come up. They don't come up for sale much either. I assume the Roanoke ones aren't any different. Good luck finding the rest of them.

These don't come up often at all! I hope to possibly complete this in the next 5 years.
DANNY

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Big win for my Zimmer PC. 1962 Post uncut cereal box back panel.

s-l1000.jpg

Very cool item!

If you decided to cut out the Zimmer and have it graded, would they accept it and add "hand cut" to the label? Or would it come back as "altered" because a fresh cut on an old card raises red flags for being trimmed?

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Very cool item!

If you decided to cut out the Zimmer and have it graded, would they accept it and add "hand cut" to the label? Or would it come back as "altered" because a fresh cut on an old card raises red flags for being trimmed?

Don't know, since I don't grade, maybe someone else will know. I certainly am not going to cut it.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Very cool item!

I believe those get a hand cut put on the label when graded by PSA. It does not matter if the cut looks old or new. I am no expert on Post cards but I have seen the box bottom cards get the "hand cut" designation. There are some discussions over on the CU forum on cutting them. I think some guys are considered good at it and others send them stuff to be cut as well.

Members online

Latest posts