Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Damn Danny. Those are sick. The depth of your collection leaves me speechless!

Thanks! I have to dig sometimes as the older things that I need get really expensive. Some I will probably never put down the money to complete, but that's okay!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Never knew his nickname was "Colonel" - learned something new today! Nice pickups.

1940 Play Ball:

25284495407_344a0fde74_z.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I believe Ms. Donahue was the Secretary to the President of the Cubs and would eventually move up the ladder to higher positions within the team and the league. I knew her nephew and he had some pretty awesome stories about her.

Nice oddball pickup!!

Yep. "Midge" was a pioneer as the first female in a baseball front office. She was the first person to create season tickets too! Mr. Wrigley had a lot of faith in her and reportedly her opinion on free agents was highly valued. She lived in my town, Huntley, and is buried here. The Cubs created a park for her a few years back. The photo I picked up is from a 1931 Cubs Picture Pack.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...hicago-cubs-baseball-reliquary-laura-ricketts

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
Hey everyone... would love your opinion on this card. I picked it up MANY MANY years ago in a trade deal with other cards and I just set it aside not to think about it anymore.
When I got it, I wondered if it was "too good to be true"... again, I put it aside and never thought about it until recently when I went through my cards. Thanks for your opinions.
PS: it's not a reprint 100% sure on that.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Hey everyone... would love your opinion on this card. I picked it up MANY MANY years ago in a trade deal with other cards and I just set it aside not to think about it anymore.
When I got it, I wondered if it was "too good to be true"... again, I put it aside and never thought about it until recently when I went through my cards. Thanks for your opinions.
PS: it's not a reprint 100% sure on that.

Not showing up, Dom.

Members online

Latest posts