Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1999 Bowman Chrome International Refractor Set COMPLETE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
Awesome. I was just going through an old monster box of miscellaneous inserts and parallels today and came across an Eric DuBose -- poorly centered though.

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for 1999 Bowman Chrome. It was the set that got me interested in collecting again.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Congrats on completing the set! I'm glad you scanned it as well. I hope to join you in the completed set category at some point in the future (between now and the resurrection, not sure which will come first).

MichaelStanton2010

Feb 14, 2010
Congrats on putting that beast together! Are you going to keep it or sell it? Also if you sell would you consider piecing another tough set like that together in the future?

sbib

Aug 17, 2008
That is an amazing set - I collected and completed the gold chrome variation of that set and the last card I needed was Mike Paradis of the Orioles - it is always tough to get the last ones

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
MichaelStanton2010 said:
Congrats on putting that beast together! Are you going to keep it or sell it? Also if you sell would you consider piecing another tough set like that together in the future?

I haven't decided. I would have to be able to get what I put into it in order for me to sell it.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
AUTaxMan said:
MichaelStanton2010 said:

I haven't decided. I would have to be able to get what I put into it in order for me to sell it.

Great set, with some nice rookies. Congrats!

87ToppsProject

Apr 26, 2016
Southern NJ
I apologize for digging up a 6-year-old post. I'm looking for a card and was hoping that maybe someone here has it or maybe you have a dupe that you would be willing to sell?

1999 Bowman Chrome International Refractor #389 , Ron Walker

Ron was a minor league player from my hometown (the only known person to play professional ball from my town) and I'm trying to collect all of his cards. He has 16 cards total (Minor League cards, Bowman, and Topps) and I own 15.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Wow. I didn't know of this thread. Amazing collection.
Been looking for the Castilla for a while and haven't seen any. It is the only I am missing to finish all international cards that have been made from Mexico

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Wow. I didn't know of this thread. Amazing collection.
Been looking for the Castilla for a while and haven't seen any. It is the only I am missing to finish all international cards that have been made from Mexico

u22.jpg

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
How has this list changes since 2010? Any that became huge surprises between 2010 and now? I know a couple guys fizzled out eventually.

I haven't really kept up with it since I sold the set, although Rafael Furcal and Joe Nathan ended up having better careers than most.

Members online

Latest posts