Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Steve Souza is raking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Probably will never get my money back on him as an investment, but hes playing great!

.292 Avg, 9 (2B), 4 (3B), and 5 (HR) in 120 AB (.928 OPS)

The scary thing is, speed is his strongest tool (only 7 SB on the year, but trust me, he can fly). He has a legit speed/power combo that few other prospects can match. His buy in is much cheaper now than it was when I bought in, and I think there is a good chance to make some money here.

For what its worth, here is my stash; I'm not selling ;)

img240.jpg

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
RandomH: Thanks man, much appreciated.

t3dudek: Thanks a lot; Espinosa was one of my first true "scouting" prospect finds; I looked through tons of raw video to find to decide whether or not to invest. I think he has the chance to be special.

Souza put both his power and speed on display today, hitting a HR for the second consecutive game and stealing two bases (up to nine on the year)....Hot sheet mention on the horizon? Perhaps.

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
Jon, loving the blue ref stash. I'm probably the second biggest Souza fan/investor on here besides you and I am very happy with the progress he has made, although I am into some of his gold refs for much more than I should be.

I think he deserves a promotion to Potomac in the near future.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
goblue6919 said:
Jon, loving the blue ref stash. I'm probably the second biggest Souza fan/investor on here besides you and I am very happy with the progress he has made, although I am into some of his gold refs for much more than I should be.

Thanks man. Souza/Smolinski/Norris (the holy trinity of national prospects out of 07 BCDP) were my three favorites coming into this year, hopefully Souza can keep it up!

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
soccerman034 said:
goblue6919 said:

Thanks man. Souza/Smolinski/Norris (the holy trinity of national prospects out of 07 BCDP) were my three favorites coming into this year, hopefully Souza can keep it up!

Don't forget Michael Burgess ::facepalm::

Actually he's nto doing too bad at all for Potomac. No power yet, but not striking out NEAR as much.

WATER_DOG007

Oct 8, 2008
FLORENCE
sigma_chi said:
soccerman034 said:
goblue6919 said:

Actually he's nto doing too bad at all for Potomac. No power yet, but not striking out NEAR as much.

Yeah, I hope Burgess turns out! I have 2 of his RED REF AUTOs-1 is 9.5 (Deep $$$), Orange, Blue, and Black Sterling Auto. ::facepalm:: Very happy to see his KO's down and you are right he's actually not doing to bad on stats.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
WATER_DOG007 said:
[quote="sigma_chi":2bd50564]
soccerman034 said:
goblue6919 said:

Yeah, I hope Burgess turns out! I have 2 of his RED REF AUTOs-1 is 9.5 (Deep $$$), Orange, Blue, and Black Sterling Auto. ::facepalm:: Very happy to see his KO's down and you are right he's actually not doing to bad on stats.[/quote:2bd50564]

Two reds? REALLY impressive. I like Burgess; I think he has legit MLB power.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
WATER_DOG007 said:
[quote="sigma_chi":1w1lgcig]
soccerman034 said:
goblue6919 said:

Yeah, I hope Burgess turns out! I have 2 of his RED REF AUTOs-1 is 9.5 (Deep $$$), Orange, Blue, and Black Sterling Auto. ::facepalm:: Very happy to see his KO's down and you are right he's actually not doing to bad on stats.[/quote:1w1lgcig]

No kidding..2 reds. I'd kill for those. I bought in right at release like a fool for around 35-40 per chrome base auto and had 15-20 base+refractors. Sold my entire collection and got out of cards for a year and now i've been hoarding him. Have 11 base (bought last one for $2.25 :lol: ) 4 refs, 3 x-fracs, 2 blues and a ref sterling /199....probably spent $150 total for all that. I have yet to see the super of him...have you? Maybe he will heat up this summer. I can't pass him up for those prices though.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
WATER_DOG007 said:
[quote="sigma_chi":3lf4ys8k]
soccerman034 said:
goblue6919 said:

Yeah, I hope Burgess turns out! I have 2 of his RED REF AUTOs-1 is 9.5 (Deep $$$), Orange, Blue, and Black Sterling Auto. ::facepalm:: Very happy to see his KO's down and you are right he's actually not doing to bad on stats.[/quote:3lf4ys8k]

You didn't happen to buy one of those from me, did you?

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
I picked up another gold ref of Souza for my 07 bcdp gold ref set because the 1st one I got was peeling at the top on the back. The recent one I got for best offer of $15 :D

WATER_DOG007

Oct 8, 2008
FLORENCE
sigma_chi said:
soccerman034 said:
goblue6919 said:

BURGESS! I have 2 RED REF AUTO's of him (one graded 9.5) I am so much into both of them I can't even count my way out of that hole! Really disappointed. Not to mention, an Orange Auto, Blue & a Black Sterling Auto. Also got a RED REF of Smolinski kid. Man, what was I thinking? 2007 RED REF addiction I guess ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: :benson:

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
15 month old thread. :lol:

Guess he isnt raking anymore? Well Fall is here... so he could be raking some leaves in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online