Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
rickeyfanatic said:
I have bought from him many times, i realize he is high on some items, but if its a tough issue, and it were to go on ebay, i expect to pay a premium. I guess it comes down to whats it worth to the individual.

It doesn't bother me that much with Rickey, because you might get a collector desparate enough to overpay. But.... I watched this Jason Jennings card go around and around and around (probably still going around) and it was $57.50. I waited for the auction and brought it home for under $5 dlvd. Most of that was s/h. So some of his cards are worth nowhere remotely near what he wants for them...

DavidEich

Dec 23, 2011
Riverside, CA
RL24 said:
rickeyfanatic said:
I have bought from him many times, i realize he is high on some items, but if its a tough issue, and it were to go on ebay, i expect to pay a premium. I guess it comes down to whats it worth to the individual.

It doesn't bother me that much with Rickey, because you might get a collector desparate enough to overpay. But.... I watched this Jason Jennings card go around and around and around (probably still going around) and it was $57.50. I waited for the auction and brought it home for under $5 dlvd. Most of that was s/h. So some of his cards are worth nowhere remotely near what he wants for them...

Burbank, they have a boatload of stuff, The problem is 2-fold, 1 they are trying to set a new pricing standard which is way out of wack on the super high end stuff 2 Have any of you seen their buy prices? Basically they are buying these cards as collections for about 10-20 cents on the dollar and trying to sell them for 2 dollars on the dollar. Lower end stuff pretty good deals on very hard to find cards. In my experience they are very easy to work with especially when they make a mistake or can't fill your order. It just bugs me a bit when they take advantage of desperate people and buy $200 cards for $20.00 or less.

On that Fleer Printing Plate issue, I was checkin out their completed auctions and founf that for the most part they are selling a bunch of these for around $10 a piece, and the different colors of each card, well the plates do look different. I dont know seems like a lot of work for not much money if they are fake

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
ManOfSteal said:
rickeyfanatic said:
I am counting for it to go down, because progress with him means we can work on ours next!

I wanted to ask you guys about the 2001 King of Kings set. Do any of you guys have the whole thing completed? You never ever see the Chrome 3 player refractor /5 or the /10 Henderson either. These must've been a tough pull I am guessing.

The refractor #/10 can be yours for only $324.95 :)
http://marketplace.beckett.com/item/21/ ... _77480475#

Here's some more info:

This insert is a complete parallel of the Chrome King of Kings insert set produced with Topps patented refractor technology. The first three cards were randomly inserted exclusively into first series hobby packs at 1:16,920. Cards 5 and 6 were randomly seeded exclusively into second series hobby packs at a rate of 1:23,022. Card number 4 in the set (intended to feature Mark McGwire) was never produced. Only ten of each card was printed and each is hand-numbered in thein blue pen on back. Please note that a special "Golden Edition" card containing game-used memorabilia of Aaron, Ryan and Henderson was inserted into first series hobby packs at a rate of 1:212,169. Only 5 copies of this card were produced. Card backs carry a "KKR" prefix.

Good 'ole Burbank

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
This is all for you Ryan: http://www.rickeyhendersoncollectibles. ... ickey.html

Here's some of the pictures from the post...

1978-79LigaMexicanadelPacificoMediaGuide_1.jpg

Mayos_3.jpg
Mayos_4.jpg

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
RL24 said:
rickeyfanatic said:

How do I get it? Is it like 800 yen or something? It's confusing, but I want that card! :lol:

On the main page it says to e-mail them with all of your info. I actually did that the same day it was posted, along with a few other of the Rickey's that they had, but have yet to hear anything back.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Awesome! I just spend some time emailing them myself... Guess we'll see what happens!

Anybody know how many dollars 800 yen is? :?

I had an enormously awesome weekend. Cleaned the basement up and moved my cards back down there. It was a good experiment moving the cards upstairs, but... not really. They are heavy. There's no room upstairs, so they were stacked in a cube of 3. Getting to the bottom one was a ton of work, but that's OK because they are the late 80's and early 90's so I don't really need them. It was cool to look in the box again though, because there was a small stack of cards which included a certain Finest Gold #041/100. Awesome!

Under the old system, I had to wait until the kid wasn't at home because she's evil now and wants to destroy everything in the world. Once I got that golden moment of peace, it was a lot of work just to get 1 box out to look at the cards. Now they are all laid out like open faced sandwiches waiting to be dug through. I still won't have much time to play with them, but when I do get the time they are all ready to go. So hopefully 2012 will be the magical year that Ryan gets some trading done. I even emailed myself that list of cards you're eying so I can just take my phone to the basement and dig... get your hopes up everybody! :mrgreen:

And Brad... thanks for the blog post! I hope I motivated you rather than bothering you...

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
RL24 said:
Awesome! I just spend some time emailing them myself... Guess we'll see what happens!

I had an enormously awesome weekend. Cleaned the basement up and moved my cards back down there. It was a good experiment moving the cards upstairs, but... not really. They are heavy. There's no room upstairs, so they were stacked in a cube of 3. Getting to the bottom one was a ton of work, but that's OK because they are the late 80's and early 90's so I don't really need them. It was cool to look in the box again though, because there was a small stack of cards which included a certain Finest Gold #041/100. Awesome!

Under the old system, I had to wait until the kid wasn't at home because she's evil now and wants to destroy everything in the world. Once I got that golden moment of peace, it was a lot of work just to get 1 box out to look at the cards. Now they are all laid out like open faced sandwiches waiting to be dug through. I still won't have much time to play with them, but when I do get the time they are all ready to go. So hopefully 2012 will be the magical year that Ryan gets some trading done. I even emailed myself that list of cards you're eying so I can just take my phone to the basement and dig... get your hopes up everybody! :mrgreen:

And Brad... thanks for the blog post! I hope I motivated you rather than bothering you...

Y800 = $10.41

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
RL24 said:

Sometimes those 'evil ones' can be duped with a small stack of 1980s commons all their own.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
So my employee at work is 936. I asked if I could have it changed to 939 for personal reasons but they said it was too difficult and not worth the hassle as they would have to redo all kinds of paperwork and such. So I guess I'll settle for the steals record after the 90 season.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Does anyone by chance have access to the online Beckett price guide? I let mine expire when they raised the prices last year, as I wasn't really using it. But, I now need to look up the BV of two cards? If anyone have access, just send me a PM, and I'll get you the details!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
You might have to try a post in the baseball forum... I know there are lots of people here with Beckett who are willing to help... Just not in this thread.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I think you can still get the checklists for free, but you have to pay to see the BV? I'm not really 100% sure about that, but I think that's the way it is...? Helpful, I know. Maybe watch for somebody else to make a thread requesting help with BV and hijack their thread...

Oh yeah, and an awesome member of FCB, Ty Hope (who lives in Japan) is helping me obtain that 24 card. Thanks for pointing it out to me Neil, I never would have found it in a million years!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hendersonfan said:
So my employee at work is 936. I asked if I could have it changed to 939 for personal reasons but they said it was too difficult and not worth the hassle as they would have to redo all kinds of paperwork and such. So I guess I'll settle for the steals record after the 90 season.

I meant to comment on this... I'm glad that I'm not the only one around here who is weird about numbers. I'm sure I don't have to get too much into my obsession with certain numbers, you guys know me already. :lol:

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
RL24 said:
Oh yeah, and an awesome member of FCB, Ty Hope (who lives in Japan) is helping me obtain that 24 card. Thanks for pointing it out to me Neil, I never would have found it in a million years!

No prob Ryan, good karma usually finds good karma!

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
RL24 said:
I think you can still get the checklists for free, but you have to pay to see the BV? I'm not really 100% sure about that, but I think that's the way it is...? Helpful, I know. Maybe watch for somebody else to make a thread requesting help with BV and hijack their thread...

Good luck Ryan, they never even wrote me back, lol! As another surprise for you, here's my 2nd new post in a week!

http://www.rickeyhendersoncollectibles. ... tches.html

11Gypsy_2.jpg

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
They haven't written me back either! Probably waiting for that one guy that reads English to come in? I dunno... :lol:

Well Brad, that post was sort of a giant let down! I was drooling over here "zOMG!!1! What a pick up! Where did he land that beauty!?!?" Only to find out you don't even own it. hrumph! I kid, good work contacting the artist, I wouldn't have thought of that. I hope that bad boy pops up on ebay so I can see how much something like that would sell for!

Members online

Latest posts