Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
RL24 said:
Well Brad, that post was sort of a giant let down! I was drooling over here "zOMG!!1! What a pick up! Where did he land that beauty!?!?" Only to find out you don't even own it. hrumph! I kid, good work contacting the artist, I wouldn't have thought of that. I hope that bad boy pops up on ebay so I can see how much something like that would sell for!

Sorry to get your hopes up Ryan :) Hopefully, I should have a card to post next week that will cause the same reaction, but is one that I do own...

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
[quote
Sorry to get your hopes up Ryan :) Hopefully, I should have a card to post next week that will cause the same reaction, but is one that I do own...[/quote]

Dont tease us, whatd you get? If you share, i will too....

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
henderson939 said:
I know what it is. I know what it is. Awesome Brad! You are not the Man of Steal for nothing. ;)

Thanks Ken ;) The tracking info says it should be here either Saturday or Monday, and I'm really hoping for the former. I'll share as soon as it arrives. To hold everyone over, here's some of my favorite cards from a big trade I just completed with Scott. Thanks again Scott, the cards really are awesome!

ScottTrade.jpg

2005 Donruss Prime Patches Team Materials - Team Logos #TM-4 #/37
1999 Pacific Crown Royale Opening Day Insert #91 #/72
2000 Skybox Star Rubies Extreme #84 SRE #/50
1996 Select Certified Mirror Red #70

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
I've been meaning to ask you guys, Do any of you have insurance on your collections? I contacted my home owners and they said I would have to have it appraised. Not really sure how they would go about catalogging each item and value, especially on the items that have no BV. Any insight you guys could share?

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
rickeyfanatic said:
I've been meaning to ask you guys, Do any of you have insurance on your collections? I contacted my home owners and they said I would have to have it appraised. Not really sure how they would go about catalogging each item and value, especially on the items that have no BV. Any insight you guys could share?

I've thought about it but wanted to get everything organized and displayed first. I remember my uncle wanted to insure his collection and this is what he was told. "You'd need to get a 2nd job to pay for the coverage" His collection is really high dollar and when he got divorced his wife wanted half of his collection, so he gave her his retirement. I had my moms insurance agent look into doing my stuff and I had to get pictures and such of my jerseys. There should be some additional coverage available similar to your car insurance. I think pictures of everything and book value would be a very big help.

DavidEich

Dec 23, 2011
Riverside, CA
Hendersonfan said:
rickeyfanatic said:

I've thought about it but wanted to get everything organized and displayed first. I remember my uncle wanted to insure his collection and this is what he was told. "You'd need to get a 2nd job to pay for the coverage" His collection is really high dollar and when he got divorced his wife wanted half of his collection, so he gave her his retirement. I had my moms insurance agent look into doing my stuff and I had to get pictures and such of my jerseys. There should be some additional coverage available similar to your car insurance. I think pictures of everything and book value would be a very big help.

When we got broken into a few years back they only got 4 baseballs but my regular homeowners did cover it and from what I understand they will cover it up to $10,000 I was told to insure the whole thing because of the large amount of fraud in this area it would be extremely expensive and probably be thru Lloyds of London they suggested I use that money to buy more cards. Here is the crazy thing, Brad lets say your collection was at my house and my house burnt down, your collection would be covered but mine wouldn't.

On the subject of home security, my wife is actually upper/middle management with Protection One and we would be happy to get any of you set up with the best system possible and she will make sure you get the best deal possible, and No we do not get any kickbacks. I know what your thinkin I got broken into, well the alarm system only works when you set the alarm!!!!!

DavidEich

Dec 23, 2011
Riverside, CA
ManOfSteal said:
henderson939 said:
I know what it is. I know what it is. Awesome Brad! You are not the Man of Steal for nothing. ;)

Thanks Ken ;) The tracking info says it should be here either Saturday or Monday, and I'm really hoping for the former. I'll share as soon as it arrives. To hold everyone over, here's some of my favorite cards from a big trade I just completed with Scott. Thanks again Scott, the cards really are awesome!

ScottTrade.jpg

2005 Donruss Prime Patches Team Materials - Team Logos #TM-4 #/37
1999 Pacific Crown Royale Opening Day Insert #91 #/72
2000 Skybox Star Rubies Extreme #84 SRE #/50
1996 Select Certified Mirror Red #70

Nice card and Great Price Brad

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
No problem. No names in the title, so I don't know how the seller expects to track down a collector other than an 89 UD collector. I was looking at an autograph lot, and checked through the seller's other items. If it's a legit item, I hope you guys each get one!

DavidEich

Dec 23, 2011
Riverside, CA
rickeyfanatic said:
Hendersonfan said:
If someone does win that I'll buy one. No point in driving up the price when we could all get one on the cheap.
Id be in on that for a copy

Hey guys I went ahead and bid on it, $20.00 Max so we will see what happens but I have one already so if I win they will be available to you guys for 1/5 of the total, hope thats fair.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
rickeyfanatic said:
Where the hell did you get that?
For some reason, that just cracked me up! I picked it up on eBay last week for what I thought was a pretty crazy BIN/BO.

Does anyone else have an MLB logo card, I'd love to see it!

Members online

Latest posts