Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidEich

Dec 23, 2011
Riverside, CA
RL24 said:
It's be cool if you could set it up in Google docs or whatever so everybody can modify it? Or maybe that wouldn't be cool. Tough call...

henderson939 said:
And since we are bragging, remember all of the really cool stuff you have, came from me. :eek: ;)

I think you have him confused with me. All my really cool stuff came from you... :lol:

rickeyfanatic said:
762 items is outstanding, I had a hard time wrapping my head around that one....

I wanted to make a separate thread about it. Many people don't even have 762 items in their player collection! It's an amazing number...

About the checklist I am working on, it is capable of everything you are mentioning, I am not a computer dude, but have been working closely with the computer dude who created it.

I appreciate the offers of assistance, but honestly I am only about 800 pic uploads from finishing, once I am done all of you will be able to add scans in(please only scans) (no pictures of cards) on anything that doesn't already have one, actually for it to work the way I hope, if you have something that I dont have a scan of, you MUST upload your scan. Not really but you know what I mean.

I have to apologize the 762 is actually 672 still a helluva lot.

DavidEich

Dec 23, 2011
Riverside, CA
henderson939 said:
DavidEich said:
henderson939 said:
If I only had the room, I could give you a run for your money. And since we are bragging, remember all of the really cool stuff you have, came from me. :eek: ;)
Quite a few of them, Yes and Thank You, but not all, and Yes I very fortunately do have the space, and I really could use a bit more, like another 100 square feet or so would be perfect.

To be exact Ken, 762 items in my collection came from you, Thats alot huh, But you have been helped quite a bit as well, and a wedding gift on top of that, and the Greatest Gift all, Mrs. Yvonne Eich's Christmas Cookies. It has been fun hasn't it, do you realize when we made our first trade, November 1997. Once Again Thank You.

I will try not to sound too mushy, & no offense to Yvonne, but our friendship was the best gift. :cry: I remember that first big trade back in 97. What did we move about 20 pieces each? There is no doubt you hooked me up big time over the years and I do appreciate it. Even though we have sent many packages to each other, it is hard to believe that I put 762 items in your collection over the years. Out of curiosity, do you have a tally from your end?

Ken sorry I messed the number up it should be 672 still a big number. and No I dont have a clue how many I have sent, my guess is its fairly close the difference being more non cards from you, where as I have sent you quite a few more Cards.

Due to my rather obsessive nature, I actually can tell you or anyone how or where or from who evry item that I have added to my Rickey Collection since 10-31-1997 when My goal was to add 1 new Rickey item for every day 365 days a year. I have accomplished this every year since with the exception 2008-2009 when I was in Seattle.

Oh and I Love You, too. (don't worry guys our wives know whats up)

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Coming from an uneducated collector on many things:

In a binder I found a pop-up card (around 1.75-2X the height of a normal card) of Rickey. On the back it references the 1985 All-Star Game and was produced by Donruss/Leaf. Just wondering if any of you guys need it.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
ManOfSteal said:
I'm sure everyone has already seen them, but if not, I just wanted to pimp my auctions that end today :)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/spcemountaineer ... =12&_rdc=1

Some of them end this afternoon, but the "better" ones are later today. I've got to pay for that MLB logo patch somehow, lol!
I was looking to get the Decade of Excellence, but got outbid.

ffgameman said:
Coming from an uneducated collector on many things:

In a binder I found a pop-up card (around 1.75-2X the height of a normal card) of Rickey. On the back it references the 1985 All-Star Game and was produced by Donruss/Leaf. Just wondering if any of you guys need it.
1986 Donruss AS Pop-up. Each starting player had a card and then a pop-up. Thanks for the offer but I have one.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Hendersonfan said:
ManOfSteal said:
I'm sure everyone has already seen them, but if not, I just wanted to pimp my auctions that end today :)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/spcemountaineer ... =12&_rdc=1

Some of them end this afternoon, but the "better" ones are later today. I've got to pay for that MLB logo patch somehow, lol!
I was looking to get the Decade of Excellence, but got outbid.

But it's still only at $5.50. That's a steal for that card ;)

Jcooley100

Feb 16, 2011
ManOfSteal said:
rickeyfanatic said:
Where the hell did you get that?
For some reason, that just cracked me up! I picked it up on eBay last week for what I thought was a pretty crazy BIN/BO.

Does anyone else have an MLB logo card, I'd love to see it!

Man I don't check the board for a couple days and I miss a lot.

Brad that's a nice card I really like the colors.

Here are three I have
rickeyCards1.jpg

rickeyCards2.jpg

rickeyCards3.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Ryan, John P (4040Man) has listed a ton of 24/XX cards. I need them all but 1) don't have the funds 2) his prices are steep 3) I don't really care about the number of the card as long as I would have one.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Jcooley100 said:
ManOfSteal said:
rickeyfanatic said:
Where the hell did you get that?
For some reason, that just cracked me up! I picked it up on eBay last week for what I thought was a pretty crazy BIN/BO.

Does anyone else have an MLB logo card, I'd love to see it!

Man I don't check the board for a couple days and I miss a lot.

Brad that's a nice card I really like the colors.

Here are three I have
rickeyCards1.jpg

rickeyCards2.jpg

rickeyCards3.jpg

Those are pretty crazy, thanks for sharing!! I knew someone else out there had to have one :)

While not an MLB logo, I was pretty excited to get this in the mail yesterday;

84Ajax_Rickey.jpg

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hendersonfan said:
Ryan, John P (4040Man) has listed a ton of 24/XX cards. I need them all but 1) don't have the funds 2) his prices are steep 3) I don't really care about the number of the card as long as I would have one.

I was sitting on the side of a mountain meditating on life and 24 cards. At first I thought "What would make me happiest in life?" then I told myself "Acquiring ever Rickey 24/xx card that was ever made!" then I asked myself "How can you do that, when you are not a rich man?" and I realized man, I can't. So I'll just get the ones that are reasonably priced and/or the ones I want really bad. These just don't fall into either of those categories.

While sitting up there meditating I came across some more deep thoughts. I'll pay more than usual for 24's, but I'm pretty much the only one. These cards aren't worth anywhere near $50 to me. I've talked to John... to him they are worth $50 each. I don't know why he is trying to sell him when he finds them so much more valuable than anybody else on earth. He prizes them. He should keep them. Deeeeep.

:lol:

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Jack Straw said:
Welcome to free listing day.......

I feel ya, and the guy may only list them every time there's a free listing day... and that is so often, that it only seems like he's trying hard to sell them. And the fact that he has put them up for sale at that same price for years and years......

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I know. I think he has them listed high so that he can "get an offer he can't refuse" I admire that he thinks Rickey demands a premium, but the market just isn't there. I've offered him a lower amount and he straight up says no. Tom Anderson used to deal with you and would put a package together. I remember when I graduated high school, Tom send me an 800ct box of Rickey cards and told me to keep what I didn't have and send back the rest. I'll never forget that kind of generosity.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
I recently worked a deal with John off Ebay for two of the 1998 leaf /24's and he worked with me. I levelled with him that i wasnt paying his lowest price, and struck a deal I thought worked out. :!:

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
rickeyfanatic said:
I recently worked a deal with John off Ebay for two of the 1998 leaf /24's and he worked with me. I levelled with him that i wasnt paying his lowest price, and struck a deal I thought worked out. :!:

Thats funny. When I contacted him and told him his prices are ridiculous, he told me he already sold some for his asking price. I knew he had to be full of shat.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
henderson939 said:
rickeyfanatic said:

Thats funny. When I contacted him and told him his prices are ridiculous, he told me he already sold some for his asking price. I knew he had to be full of shat.

Too funny! He obviously doesn't know about this thread :lol:

Members online

Latest posts