Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
A little background. I drive a forklift in Cedar Rapids. We warehouse the finished stainless steel that Whirlppol/Amana uses for appliances. It takes a couple hours to unload these because they are banded together and boards nailed to the floor of the trailer. I do 99% of these inbound trucks.

So the guys at work started calling me "Man of steel". Thought it was extra funny as they are unaware of my Rickey [strike:1nhzfe91]collection[/strike:1nhzfe91] obsession.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I may have posted this before, I don't remember. I have one of the 938 signed bats. I do not have the picture that came with it. Wondered if anyone that has one that they could have a copy made for me? I will pay for everything. I don't question my bat's authenticity or anything and I'm not going to be moving it. I want to have a display case made for the bat with the photo framed.

DavidEich

Dec 23, 2011
Riverside, CA
This is for evryone to respond to, I want to dedicate a new page on the website to Rickey Collectors other then myself, so I was curious if any of you or all of you wouldn't mind supplying me with a picture (of you) not Rickey, City and State, Age and a short bio about yourself which would then be posted on the website where I currently have the Stats and Awards which didnt come out the way I wanted, so this would be a good replacement. Please dont respond with my requests just let me know what you think or if you would. Thanks

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
DavidEich said:
This is for evryone to respond to, I want to dedicate a new page on the website to Rickey Collectors other then myself, so I was curious if any of you or all of you wouldn't mind supplying me with a picture (of you) not Rickey, City and State, Age and a short bio about yourself which would then be posted on the website where I currently have the Stats and Awards which didnt come out the way I wanted, so this would be a good replacement. Please dont respond with my requests just let me know what you think or if you would. Thanks

I'd be up for that. Sounds good.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
DavidEich said:
ManOfSteal said:
Jack Straw said:

So that's what Dave has been up to! :)

Brad who is this person and why is he letting my cat out of the bag before I'm ready?
also paypal'd you. and Jack Straw do you have a "complete" Griffey list i can check out?

Nope I started one but got overwhelmed so I just add rare images of cards I get from Ebay..
Griffey collectors are a weird bunch. Not a lot of message board chatter or wanting to share
thoughts and forget about trying to do a list like that with pictures.

DavidEich

Dec 23, 2011
Riverside, CA
Jack Straw said:
DavidEich said:
ManOfSteal said:
[quote="Jack Straw":179hhazr]Nice job over on http://www.thepclist.com

So that's what Dave has been up to! :)

Brad who is this person and why is he letting my cat out of the bag before I'm ready?
also paypal'd you. and Jack Straw do you have a "complete" Griffey list i can check out?

Nope I started one but got overwhelmed so I just add rare images of cards I get from Ebay..
Griffey collectors are a weird bunch. Not a lot of message board chatter or wanting to share
thoughts and forget about trying to do a list like that with pictures.[/quote:179hhazr]

I was wondering, I looked and saw that there wasnt much info included. It does take some dedicated hours to get the cards listed the first time and I just finished uploading pics, couldnt tell you the total hours, but lets just say if I was paying for the project by the hour i would have made a chunk of change, until I realized I was paying myself. hahahaha and now hes a comedian. Have a good one.

I have something like 1800 different Griffeys in my collection and quite a few that are hard to find, so if you ever come up with a list of Haves I would be willing to bet I can add to your collection.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
Hendersonfan said:
So I've been to the PC list site and registered. I must be missing something because I can't add anything to my collection.

You should be able to add stuff as in haves but in order to
upload images you have to an administrator. You have
to contact onionring and ask to be an administrator for Henderson
or whoever you want to collect..

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Jack Straw said:
Hendersonfan said:
So I've been to the PC list site and registered. I must be missing something because I can't add anything to my collection.

I'll check it out again after work. I think Dave is the Rickey Admin.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Gents, I picked this up in a lot and plan to eBay it.....if you are interested drop me a line.

RickeyHenderson.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I had 2 of those, but let one go and still have one. I wish I would have kept the other one for awhile longer, but I did get some cards I didn't have. Also I figured out the PClist thing. Only added about 5 cards so far.

DavidEich

Dec 23, 2011
Riverside, CA
Hendersonfan said:
Jack Straw said:
Hendersonfan said:

I am the admin for Rickey Henderson, but I'm curious, did you have a card that did not have a pic in there already. I think multiple images of the same card would be a waste? I have pics in about 85-90% with the exception of 2010 and 2011.
Also a little hint for when you are adding the cards you own or just marking the plus sign, only open the year you are working on. and if only keeep 1 year open at atime it will go alot faster. and a warning even just adding the cards you own in 2003, 2004 aand especially 2005 will take some time. probably about 30 seconds for every card you mark.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
DavidEich said:
Hendersonfan said:
Jack Straw said:
Hendersonfan said:

I am the admin for Rickey Henderson, but I'm curious, did you have a card that did not have a pic in there already. I think multiple images of the same card would be a waste? I have pics in about 85-90% with the exception of 2010 and 2011.
Also a little hint for when you are adding the cards you own or just marking the plus sign, only open the year you are working on. and if only keeep 1 year open at atime it will go alot faster. and a warning even just adding the cards you own in 2003, 2004 aand especially 2005 will take some time. probably about 30 seconds for every card you mark.

When I get some more time to go thru the list I will see if I have any cards that do not have pictures. I can scan them and email you. I know from your Rickeypedia page I have some that you don't have pictured, but you may have them on PC I just haven't had time to look thru it all yet.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Not sure if anyone still needs one or not. I did find a 2002 Topps Traded T74 double. I remember someone saying they were looking for one and it was around $15 for some reason.

Members online