Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
kryslarry said:
Renee is one already?!? Holy cow! Well, happy birthday to her! Seems like just yesterday you posted the picture of Becky pregnant with Renee! Congrats.

Yeah, it was a really fast year! Time flies when you're having fun I guess, and kicking it with my new best friend has been really fun. :cool: Due to a combination of the much more public forum and an increase in slackage as far as taking and uploading pictures... I haven't posted many since we moved. Here are a couple recent ones, from our trip to Omaha....

Renée at the zoo...
028-2.jpg

Chillin' on the 4th of July....
158.jpg
148.jpg

Spaghetti time!
001-2.jpg

She losing that generic baby look and starting to become a miniature human! :lol:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
So I was asked to post this card for the Rickey collectors.

I did not notice the error until I was looking at the Soriano serial number and things did not match up, anyway you will see Soriano pictured and auto'd on the front and the back is Rickey's Boston card #/11.

Sorian0_03_error.jpg
Soriano_03_error_back.jpg

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
George_Calfas said:

I did not notice the error until I was looking at the Soriano serial number and things did not match up, anyway you will see Soriano pictured and auto'd on the front and the back is Rickey's Boston card #/11.

Sweet error, and one I'd never seen/heard off! I wonder if all of Soriano's cards are like that, and what's on the back of Rickey's card?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
George_Calfas said:

Sorian0_03_error.jpg
Soriano_03_error_back.jpg

Wow, it hurts my head! That card doesn't exist, I mean... the front of that Rickey card was never made, right? Here's what I have on my list...

2003 Donruss Signature INKredible Four w/Pedro/Manny/Doerr 5 #/25
2003 Donruss Signature INKredible Six Berra/Ford/Rickey/Matt/Rizz/Reggie 4
2003 Donruss Signature Team Trademarks 25
2003 Donruss Signature Team Trademarks Autographs /50 25
2003 Donruss Signature Team Trademarks Autographs Decade 25
2003 Donruss Signature Team Trademarks Century 25 #/100
2003 Donruss Signature Team Trademarks Decade 25 #/10

The back of that card is for a Players Collection auto #/11. No such creature.

Can you guys think of any Rickey cards #/11? Here's what I came up with:

2003 Topps Vintage Embossed 92/11 241 (but that's just a print run and not actually #'d right?)
2005 Abs Mem ToT Button Red M's/11 170

What a weird card...

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Oh yeah and George, while you're here in the Rickey thread.... do you think this cards exists?

1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Black 76 Rickey

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
RL24 said:
Wow, it hurts my head! That card doesn't exist, I mean... the front of that Rickey card was never made, right? Here's what I have on my list...

2003 Donruss Signature INKredible Four w/Pedro/Manny/Doerr 5 #/25
2003 Donruss Signature INKredible Six Berra/Ford/Rickey/Matt/Rizz/Reggie 4
2003 Donruss Signature Team Trademarks 25
2003 Donruss Signature Team Trademarks Autographs /50 25
2003 Donruss Signature Team Trademarks Autographs Decade 25
2003 Donruss Signature Team Trademarks Century 25 #/100
2003 Donruss Signature Team Trademarks Decade 25 #/10

The back of that card is for a Players Collection auto #/11. No such creature.

What a weird card...

Nice catch Ryan! I didn't recall seeing a 2003 Donruss Signature of card of Rickey either, but since I am lacking in the certified auto department, I figured I'd just never seen one. But, I looked over my list as well, and I agree that I don't think it was ever produced!

Got this from sportscollectors.net
Figure I would post it for you guys.
This is NOT me or do I have any dealings with the guy (just trying to help my fellow members out).
Not even sure if they are good prices?

HOF Plaques......$100 ppd
OML Baseballs......$100 ppd
OML Baseballs w/HOF......$140 ppd

I need a minimum of 12 items to place the order so let me know what interest there is out there, either in an email or in this post. All orders and payments need to be in by August 16th.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Tonight is the magical night when I start dumping stuff on ebay. Just thought I'd give y'all a heads up. If you want any of my PC cards, make me an offer. Our sewer line collapsed and we can't run the dishwasher or wash machine until we shell out 6 grand or so to get it fixed. So I'm really extra motivated to sell. :D

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
RL24 said:
Tonight is the magical night when I start dumping stuff on ebay. Just thought I'd give y'all a heads up. If you want any of my PC cards, make me an offer. Our sewer line collapsed and we can't run the dishwasher or wash machine until we shell out 6 grand or so to get it fixed. So I'm really extra motivated to sell. :D

Wow Ryan, that's horrible! I'm sorry that you're forced to start dumping stuff for something like that. Before you do, are you still interested in that #/24? You mentioned a little while ago that you keep starting to write an e-mail, so I figured I'd help you along ;)

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
RL24 said:
Wow that sucks! How the heck does a sewer line just collapse? Too many burritos? One extra garlic fries too many? Renee learn to drive the car on your lawn? Anyway, if you truly are willing to sell your PC, hang onto your 24s man. That is a smaller collection, but a REALLY cool one. Could be a very good focus, less money spent on the 'bay, but better quality stuff. Just my opinion though.

And on to the greedy part. Got any off of my want list you want to part with? You know that I'll take them, and give them a good home.

Best of luck with the whole sewer mess. (Ewwww) Hope it gets fixed soon.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
kryslarry said:
RL24 said:
Anyway, if you truly are willing to sell your PC, hang onto your 24s man. That is a smaller collection, but a REALLY cool one. Could be a very good focus, less money spent on the 'bay, but better quality stuff. Just my opinion though.

I definitely agree with Larry, your 24's collection is awesome, and I'd hate to see it broken apart!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Leffer said:
You've gotta keep the 24s. We're all pulling for you. I will cry (and then bid) if I see any 24s up on ebay. :cry:

:lol: :lol:

Sounds like a sad situation! I will definitely be holding onto the 24 Museum and hopefully adding to it in the future... it's hard to sell these cards. I have a bunch that I can just start off at .99 and people will bid them up to where they need to be. But then there are other cards like the batch I did Monday night where I don't want them to sell for $5. And last night I threw up some really expensive stuff just to see what offers I could get, but it's so hard to do anything with a toddler toddling around. She smacked her head 4 good times last night, it was a rough night for lil Néne's head.

About the sewer line, it's made of clay and was put there in 1941. They are 4 foot sections of pipe, and in between each section is a missing chunk where roots grow through. And then right by the street it just collapsed. I don't know how or why, but it's 14 ft' below the surface... so it's nothing we could have done, and also nothing we can fix.

Thanks for the emailed offers via the ebay system, I'll answer them ASAP!

Oh yeah and Brad... ::facepalm:: I have to admit I completely forgot.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
RL24 said:
Leffer said:
You've gotta keep the 24s. We're all pulling for you. I will cry (and then bid) if I see any 24s up on ebay. :cry:

:lol: :lol:

it's so hard to do anything with a toddler toddling around. She smacked her head 4 good times last night, it was a rough night for lil Néne's head.
Poor thing! That's gotta hurt. Sounds like you gotta break out the bubble wrap!

Also, glad to hear you're keeping the 24s. Wouldn't be right if you didn't. That is a sweet collection, and one to be proud of.

Members online