Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Not Rickey related, but... Man, I am such a ******. I tried to bid on a Lego white Boba Fett figure last night from a seller who has about 8 of them. All started at 1 penny, so I bid like $5 or so. I got outbid. I figured, "Hey, no big deal, there's lots of 'em." So I checked the seller's other items. The same bidder is high on ALL of them. His high bid is $10.07. I was irritated so I bid him up to his limit without going over on ALL of them. Which means that he will either be outbid or pay his max. Either way, I'm good. A ******, but good.

On other news, I passed the 3400 mark on cards :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Took forever, and unless the really high prices start to settle down, looks like 3500 may be in 10 years! ::facepalm:: But, at that magic number, I am guessing I only have, what, 2000 more to go? Good thing most of them are made by the same company and look identical! :shock:

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
My brother keeps hanging out at my house, so I haven't had time to do much. I just wanted to say that the first batch of auctions are ending tonight, thanks to Ken for the early bids! I'd hate to see him get outbid, but.... :lol:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
RL24 said:
Oh yeah and George, while you're here in the Rickey thread.... do you think this cards exists?

1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Black 76 Rickey

I have never heard of anyone even seeing it, it could be in wax somewhere since there are so many Print Run 5 cases still unopened. His set number is close to others that I do know exist.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Just got back from 5-nights in Disneyland, and it doesn't look like I missed much Rickey realted goings-on.

Ryan, the #/24 is here whenever you want to work something out, no rush on my part.

I did return from the trip to find that I'd won the only auction I'd bid on before leaving, and it's something I've been looking to snag for quite some time now, so I've got to share!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

94AsPogLot.jpg

I managed to get the 1994 A's Target Pog for a whopping $3.25! The description says it has a little "corner wear," but it doesn't look too bad in the picture, and you never see these up for auction. This also completes my 1994 Rickey want list!

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Ryan, do you want to get paid? Send me an invoice. HAHAHAH

Does anyone here collect laser photos? I have 16 different Hendersons all from 1980. I am looking to trade or sell.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
henderson939 said:

After much deep thinking, I have thanked your post. While it's true that you exposed my ignorance to the whole world ( :lol: ), which was a potentially painful experience for some thin skinned users, you gave me the nugget of knowledge I needed to join the ranks of the informed. Some people would not fully appreciate that. I do, and I thank you.

:D

Sir Ryan of L24

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
RL24 said:
henderson939 said:

After much deep thinking, I have thanked your post. While it's true that you exposed my ignorance to the whole world ( :lol: ), which was a potentially painful experience for some thin skinned users, you gave me the nugget of knowledge I needed to join the ranks of the informed. Some people would not fully appreciate that. I do, and I thank you.

:D

Sir Ryan of L24

If someone wins a single auction, I usually don't send an invoice, until they haven't paid for a couple of days. I figure they can figure out how to click the "Pay Now" button on their own :) But, if they win multiple auctions (as I know Ken did), I always send an invoice, as I like to be sure that all of the shipping combines correctly.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
ManOfSteal said:
If someone wins a single auction, I usually don't send an invoice, until they haven't paid for a couple of days. I figure they can figure out how to click the "Pay Now" button on their own :) But, if they win multiple auctions (as I know Ken did), I always send an invoice, as I like to be sure that all of the shipping combines correctly.

Yeah, they wanted me to charge him $10 for shipping but I had mercy... :D

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
RL24 said:
ManOfSteal said:

Mercy? That sewer isn't going to pay for itself. :D

Just kidding, that is the sign of a good seller. Good man Ryan.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
kryslarry said:
RL24 said:
ManOfSteal said:

Mercy? That sewer isn't going to pay for itself. :D

Just kidding, that is the sign of a good seller. Good man Ryan.

wow, you guys are easily impressed! I wasn't trying to pat myself on the back or anything... I swear! When I set up the turbolister thing it brought me to a spot in ebay where I thought I put in the combined shipping thing, 50 cents for each item, but it didn't do it automatically for me. That's all I was saying. I really suck at listing stuff it turns out. :D Surprise Surprise. I'm hoping to have another nice batch of Rickeys ready for Sunday night... but we'll see.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
ManOfSteal said:
Just got back from 5-nights in Disneyland, and it doesn't look like I missed much Rickey realted goings-on.

Ryan, the #/24 is here whenever you want to work something out, no rush on my part.

I did return from the trip to find that I'd won the only auction I'd bid on before leaving, and it's something I've been looking to snag for quite some time now, so I've got to share!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

94AsPogLot.jpg

I managed to get the 1994 A's Target Pog for a whopping $3.25! The description says it has a little "corner wear," but it doesn't look too bad in the picture, and you never see these up for auction. This also completes my 1994 Rickey want list!

I am officially jealous, that is the last one I need to finish off 1994 as well. DAMN!

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
rickeyfanatic said:
94AsPogLot.jpg

I am officially jealous, that is the last one I need to finish off 1994 as well. DAMN!

I was hoping that the no one else would find it, since it was buried in a random listing. I haven't gotten it in the mail yet, but I'm assuming that it's in decent shape. Now I just need to find a reasonable priced 93 Finest Refractor so I can complete 1993 as well!

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
ManOfSteal said:
rickeyfanatic said:
94AsPogLot.jpg

I was hoping that the no one else would find it, since it was buried in a random listing. I haven't gotten it in the mail yet, but I'm assuming that it's in decent shape. Now I just need to find a reasonable priced 93 Finest Refractor so I can complete 1993 as well!

Hate you... ::facepalm:: Just kidding. Looking for that stupid thing forever. :cry:

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
"Now I just need to find a reasonable priced 93 Finest Refractor so I can complete 1993 as well!"

I'll trade you mine for the Pog! Well, maybe not....

Members online

Latest posts