Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 186 of 286 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 4282

Thread: Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSteal View Post
    Awesome Q&A! Would you mind if I posted it to my blog? I'm sure others outside of our little FCB group would definitely be interested!
    Sure! Go for it.

BTW, does anybody know when the proposed Baltimore trade was on the table? I've asked Walt more details on that, but haven't heard yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't know... it's interesting to picture Rickey in an Orioles uni. You really need to know the year to know how ugly to picture the uni in your head. They've range from pretty bad to atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by rickeyfanatic View Post
    Its very interesting to have this close link to Rickey, I must say its pretty exciting!
    +1!!

That Walt guy is a lucky mofo.

Hendersonfan
     Hendersonfan24
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rickeyfanatic View Post
    Its very interesting to have this close link to Rickey, I must say its pretty exciting!
    This!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com
    Ballz In The Kitchen <<<<<<< LINK

Hendersonfan
     Hendersonfan24
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Samples on eBay right now. I can't tell from the pictures, but the Sample doesn't look centered or very smooth. The letters look rough around the edges. Can't tell if the SAMPLE is written over the back of the card or not. My thinking is that these were left at the factory for as replacements. Thus no serial number. I won't be able to bid them up regarldless, but would much rather have an unnumbered card rather than one that someone might have written sample on to boost sales. I'm not saying the seller did this as I can't tell from the scans. Just saying what I would prefer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendersonfan View Post
    The 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Samples on eBay right now. I can't tell from the pictures, but the Sample doesn't look centered or very smooth. The letters look rough around the edges. Can't tell if the SAMPLE is written over the back of the card or not. My thinking is that these were left at the factory for as replacements. Thus no serial number. I won't be able to bid them up regarldless, but would much rather have an unnumbered card rather than one that someone might have written sample on to boost sales. I'm not saying the seller did this as I can't tell from the scans. Just saying what I would prefer.

That is rather strange, I have never seen a sample card remotely like that. You might make a thread in the baseball forum and somebody there might know...

Does anybody know who this ebayer is? n***b( 705) He won this 2004 Donruss Classics #24/50 and it breaks my heart. Maybe, unless it was one of you guys and you were going to trade it to me. I checked it out earlier in the week, and Ken was the high bidder, so I thought "Oh nice! That baby will be mine!"

It's been a crazy week. We drove a load of stuff to Arkansas because my wife had to do a training class on Monday. So we drove all day Sunday and got to hang out for about 3 hrs. Then Monday we didn't want to leave and decided to drive at night. I ended up driving 8 of the 12 hours, and could only sleep for 2 hours. Tuesday at work really sucked. And I've been crazy busy at work, wrapping things up. Kinda sad.

Hendersonfan
     Hendersonfan24
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah usually SAMPLE is embossed where the serial should be.

@ManOfSteal_
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They seem really odd to me too, I would also just prefer to have the non-numbered sample. Ryan, the eBay name doesn't look familiar, but there have been a lot of new Rickey collectors lately. It could also be a set collector, in which case they may not be as attached to the specific serial number.
    Rickey Henderson Collector!
    My Not-So-Frequently-As-I'd-Like-To-Update Rickey Site: http://www.rickeyhendersoncollectibles.com/

Complete Want / Have List: http://manofsteal24.googlepages.com/RickeyCards.pdf
    Rickey Trade List: http://manofsteal24.googlepages.com/...nTradeList.pdf

Hendersonfan
     Hendersonfan24
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thougth RJew was out of collecting, but he was high bidder on one of the unnumbered sample cards.

@ManOfSteal_
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendersonfan View Post
    I thougth RJew was out of collecting, but he was high bidder on one of the unnumbered sample cards.
    Nope, he's definitely still collecting. I actually met him for the first time last week, and we had a nice talk. We live about 15 minutes away from each other, and he bought a high dollar card from me on eBay. Rather than risk the post office, we just met up in person. I think he may be getting a bit more selective, but still adding to the collection.
    Rickey Henderson Collector!
    My Not-So-Frequently-As-I'd-Like-To-Update Rickey Site: http://www.rickeyhendersoncollectibles.com/

Complete Want / Have List: http://manofsteal24.googlepages.com/RickeyCards.pdf
    Rickey Trade List: http://manofsteal24.googlepages.com/...nTradeList.pdf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSteal View Post
    Nope, he's definitely still collecting. I actually met him for the first time last week, and we had a nice talk. We live about 15 minutes away from each other, and he bought a high dollar card from me on eBay. Rather than risk the post office, we just met up in person. I think he may be getting a bit more selective, but still adding to the collection.
    You should ask him to see his collection, especially his ultra rare game used Beavers jersey... that would be awesome!

Hendersonfan
     Hendersonfan24
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Beavers jersey to get lettered. So who has more/bigger collection, Randall or Dave?

Hendersonfan
     Hendersonfan24
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the GU is yellow? Mine is white from same time frame.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good 'ole RJew - his collection is probably the greatest out there. Would love to hear more about it. Funny how you live so close to him Brad, but just now met up?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sold Randal a 2008 Black and White Newark Alumni Choice card earlier this year. - Nice guy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally landed this one...

...although I think it's the "k" in Oakland instead of the "R" in Rickey. Pretty neat to see the middle seam of the game-used jersey.