Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elcahall

Oct 17, 2021
Southeast US
I am no expert on variations and printing errors, but I would think the above falls more on a print error side of the house vs. a true variation. 90’s cards were filled with print errors every year due to sheer quantity produced. That said, my assumption is that while the card is fun and unique, the value just isn’t there beyond what somebody is willing to pay for it. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! This is the type of thing that I need to learn. Going through the box of cards is a real challenge because I know so little about them and I have so many that have differences from the cards I see online, things like: extra holograms, off center, unusual spots, etc. along with the ones with the odd looking font.

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
My newest Rickey Henderson addition and it’s a #grailpiece! Game used Mizuno cleat from 82-84 era! This was originally in a private collection, but was recently purchased at auction through Brandon Steiner. The person who consigned it acquired it from their father who passed away. They stated to us that Henderson handed it to their father after a game. As not only a huge Rickey fanatic/collector, but all things Mizuno as well that Rickey wore, this is just surreal to now have in the collection!

5b04874a209dcb003e4bc13367c10e49.jpg
75d5ddcba6ad7918441aabf2d2b95405.jpg
07227eda0da9d6548c017b7c757d24b1.jpg
7720ca8c3cfe5c09d4c40ebf5a6c76a1.jpg

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
My newest Rickey Henderson addition and it’s a #grailpiece! Game used Mizuno cleat from 82-84 era! This was originally in a private collection, but was recently purchased at auction through Brandon Steiner. The person who consigned it acquired it from their father who passed away. They stated to us that Henderson handed it to their father after a game. As not only a huge Rickey fanatic/collector, but all things Mizuno as well that Rickey wore, this is just surreal to now have in the collection!

View attachment 314673
View attachment 314674
View attachment 314675
View attachment 314676

Congrats!!! Incredible pick-up!👟👟👟

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014

Congratulations, fantastic addition to your incredible collection. It’s also a testament to how footwear technology has changed since his playing days.

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
Congratulations, fantastic addition to your incredible collection. It’s also a testament to how footwear technology has changed since his playing days.

True, these require tools apparently! Ha! Appreciate the kind words.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
I go away for a week, and come back to some awesomeness! That doormat is awesome. But that shoe is grailworthy. That is awesome. I have a pair with a facsimile auto on the back (pure white... like a ghost)
mizuno cleats.jpg

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
According to my consolidated lists, there are 22 pennants in which Rickey appears in some form. Here's my (raw) list. I just picked up the the 1986 one this past week and I have the 1998 JC Penney one in the mail to me. Once I get it, I'll have 14 of 22. :)

1981 OAKLAND A's HYATT TEAM PICTURE PENNANT
1982 Oakland A's Pennant KRQR 97FM (shows team)
1983 All-Star Game Pennant (white with blue left edge, facsimile autos with Brett, Yount, Carew, Yaz, Reggie, Winfield, Murray, Ripken, Rice, Carter, Dawson, Raines, Schmidt, Ozzie, Bench)
1983 Oakland A's Pennant (shows team) (Hyatt)
1986 New York Yankees Team Photo Pennant
1989 OAKLAND A'S CARICATURE PENNANT
1989 Oakland Athletics A.L. Western Division Champions Felt Pennant (with roster list incl. McGwire, Eck, Canseco, Parker) (made by MSA)
1989 Oakland Athletics World Series Champions Felt Pennant (with facsimile sigs incl. McGwire, Eck) (copyright 1989 MLBPA, MSA)
1989 Oakland Athletics American League Champions Felt Pennant with facsimile autos and WS Logo (with McGwire, Canseco, Eck, etc.) (issued by MSA)
1990 OAKLAND A’S A.L. WESTERN DIVISION CHAMPIONS PENNANT SCROLL W/HENDERSON
1990 Wincraft Picture Pennant (white background)
1991 Wincraft Picture Pennant (black background, no year or copyright date, Salem Screen Printers #110)
1992 OAKLAND A's A.L. WESTERN DIVISION CHAMPIONS PENNANT
1992 WINCRAFT PENNANT
1993 TORONTO BLUE JAYS AL CHAMPIONS PENNANT
1993 TORONTO BLUE JAYS WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS PENNANT W/HENDERSON & TEAM FACSIMILE AUTOGRAPHS (by Trench)
1993 Wincraft Salem Toronto Blue Jays World Series Championship Pennant (cartoon caricatures of the team, including Molitor, Carter, etc.)
1998 JC PENNEY OAKLAND A's FACSIMILE SIGNATURE TEAM PENNANT
2009 HALL OF FAME INDUCTION PENNANT W/HENDERSON/RICE/GORDON SYMBOL
2009 Wincraft Baseball Hall of Fame Induction Pennant (shows HOF plaque)
2013 Panini Cooperstown Pennants Blue #12 (box topper)
2013 Panini Cooperstown Pennants Red #12 (box topper)

Members online

No members online now.