Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Ryan, I still have the Rickeys, but I sold the Gwynn, Youngblood, Mookie, Pettitte, & Bagwell on Ebay. I got next to nothing for them.

Brad, I know I promised 2 pics, so here is the other one. Sorry it is dark.
IMG_5858.jpg

Scott, I never did get this up a few weeks ago. This is the other Good Ideas version. I wonder if there were 2 in 89.

IMG_5859.jpg

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Ryan, I think the sig looks real. Its hard to tell, his signature is always changing. I have some from various stages in his career, and they are almost all different. Aside from the real early ones, I got the rest in person or on limited edition lithos. A few also came form MOS.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Did you guys see this item and check out the description? Pretty cool card, and it looks great. If I was richer, I would snag it....

[ebay:1aahywf6]220743712981[/ebay:1aahywf6]

$(KGrHqN,!iEE1K774kb8BNY9IzD3Fw~~_12.jpg

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Brad, what is that on? I hope you got it really cheap, because that is a tough one to buy into. Does it come with a story? Is it from the "pal"? Does the guy have pics of him with Rickey? Hopefully its the real deal, its definately different.

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
Don't remember if I ever posted this in this thread or not but here's an early auto from spring training 1981

Henderson81.jpg

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Welcome Tim, I didn't even notice you sneak into the thread! Unless you just showed up a couple pages ago and just jumped right in... anyway, welcome to the Rickey thread! :D

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
kryslarry said:
2001 Leaf Certified Materials 21 Mirror Blue

I think we've talked about this before, but... does this card exist? It's not on my list... If the colors are consistant with other LCM years, the Blue should be in between the gold (#/25) and the Red (#/75)... so if there are 50 of them floating around, surely somebody has seen one...? There are a few Reds of other players on ebay, but no 2001 Mirror Blues...

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
henderson939 said:
Brad, what is that on? I hope you got it really cheap, because that is a tough one to buy into. Does it come with a story? Is it from the "pal"? Does the guy have pics of him with Rickey? Hopefully its the real deal, its definately different.

It's on the back of a grocery bag:

91RecordBag2.jpg

I'm usually pretty skeptical of these types of items, but I think this one is legit. The "pal" is Barry Halper, who Rickey gave (or sold, I'm not sure) the cleats and gloves he wore to steal #939, and later put them in this bag. These were later purchased by MLB and donated to the HOF before the big Halper collectibles auction, as MLB had first pick of all of the items. The bag can be dated to the correct time (it's advertising a horse show from May 17-19, 1991), and is from a small regional supermarket with a location in Livingston, NJ (where Halper was living at the time). This was acquired from the estate of an old Baltimore Orioles clubhouse attendant, who pretty much picked up and saved anything and everything.

It also seems to check out in terms of Rickey's handwriting, based on what I've been able to find. I also managed to track down an auction of signed baseballs to Barry Halper, one of which was from Rickey, who also called Barry his "Pal." That's not something you seem to run across very often from Rickey.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Thats cool Brad. The story hits home sort of. My dad worked for Kings in West Caldwell for 20+ years. He passed away about 5 years ago. Never did get a chance to retire and enjoy life. If you ever move it, I would be interested for obvious reasons.

Latest posts