Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
henderson939 said:
Scott, I have 3 Sterling auto redemptions. I am a bit nervous about not getting them. I will be pissed if I wasted that much coin and end up with just the redemption cards. Consider it a lesson learned and let someone else redeem them first.

I learned that lesson the really really really hard way. I paid ~$450 for 14 Sabathia redemptions from UD. 12 were supposed to be letterman autographs, the other 2 were exquisite autos. Super long story short, after waiting a year they sent me these:

screwed.jpg

I was very sad. They were selling for ~$12 on eBay at the time. I vowed that I would never purchase anything that would support the UD company, or another unredeemed card.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Well, back when they had other companies to compete with, and there was a reason to keep customers happy... Topps was pretty good about redemptions. So you never know, don't get all down because of my terrible story about Upper Deck.

Sorry I disappeared this weekend Ken. Renée had an awful weekend, she's growing her canines. She mainly just wanted to be held constantly (my bad hurts) but any time I got on the computer she got pissed. She wants to sit in my lap, and press all the buttons. I was able to watch about 5 Sabathia games from last year though, so that was nice.... :lol:

I got upperdicked 2 years in a row from UD redemptions, so I'll never buy another one again. I'll wait for someone else to redeem them and pay the premium to get what I can see. I'm a player collector like many of y'all and don't need some other substitute player's autograph I could care less about, even if the Book Value is similar. Also, some of Bo's autographs have gotten really ugly in recent years and I'd rather have a missing card than an Ugly one in my PC (detracting from other good autographs). Just one more reason to wait for the bird-in-the-hand card auction. MG

PS. Thanks to you know who for the PM and the pending 2005 Studio Portraits Henderson trade. That will complete my type set, and I can just look for serial # upgrades to the cards I have.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
henderson939 said:
Brad, I thought those moments card would be selling like crazy.

Looks like the Rickey collectors are the only crazy ones, lol! I have sold 6 or 7 other players off eBay so far. I'll get rid of them eventually, but I was hoping for a better eBay turnout!

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
So our buddy "R...." finally bids on an auction I list. 04 DK Hawaii Trade #/15. How does it end? $18 and change. Any other auction, he pays 10x the amount a card is worth. I was not happy with the outcome of that one. I would have rather kept the card. I thought the First Pitch Preview went a bit low too. All in all, I did well.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Unreal....

[ebay:3nx8riqx]290549834725[/ebay:3nx8riqx]

Do people know how to search ebay...full sets can be had at $11 dlvd....I just grabbed 8 for $50 through an offline deal.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Until Brad found a stash, mine was the only one I have ever come across from 97-2011. Among the group of Henderson guys in this forum, and a few guys outside of it, all with huge Henderson collections, I was the only one who had it till now. That leaves me to believe that they are not that common. It appears someone had a hoard of these, and is now selling.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Fandruw25 said:
Unreal....

[ebay:3iqwyv7b]290549834725[/ebay:3iqwyv7b]

Do people know how to search ebay...full sets can be had at $11 dlvd....I just grabbed 8 for $50 through an offline deal.

The guy has these listed wrong, as they are the "redemption" sets. They are different from the regular ones. I have looked on Ebay for years, and this is the first time I have seen them on there.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
henderson939 said:
Fandruw25 said:
Unreal....

[ebay:1oki7trp]290549834725[/ebay:1oki7trp]

The guy has these listed wrong, as they are the "redemption" sets. They are different from the regular ones. I have looked on Ebay for years, and this is the first time I have seen them on there.

How are these listed wrong? I've got 8 sets coming with the same word backing coming in. I'll be listing them, but I don't get why people just don't search ebay...w/e, more money in my pocket.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Fandruw25 said:
henderson939 said:
Fandruw25 said:
Unreal....

[ebay:4isptyfi]290549834725[/ebay:4isptyfi]

How are these listed wrong? I've got 8 sets coming with the same word backing coming in. I'll be listing them, but I don't get why people just don't search ebay...w/e, more money in my pocket.

They should be listed as redemption sets, cause thats what they are. You had to send in the 45 cards from the regular set to get those. Its a 50 card set. The last 5 cards were instant winner cards, that Fleer inserted in packs. In order to get the last 5 cards, you had to mail in 45 which they returned voided and you got a 50 card redemption set. Or you had to get lucky and pull from a pack. I know the Bagwell, was a 1/1 grand prize card. I have searched Ebay for years, and they have never been on there until now. I usually search once a month for them. As far as I know, the Henderson that just ended, was the only Henderson ever listed. There have been many of the regular cards listed, but not the redemption.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Out of curiosity, what is the going price for a '77 Chong Henderson? Scarcity of this card? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
cbrandtw said:
Out of curiosity, what is the going price for a '77 Chong Henderson? Scarcity of this card? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Over a grand and they are fairly rare. I paid $1,100 or so for mine about 15 years ago.

Members online

Latest posts