Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Alright guys, busy day scanning, getting ready for next Sunday so I can sell some of these cards. Figured I'd post 'em up here in case any of you would like to make offers before they go off to eBay. I started with 2005 Absolute since they sell so well... I present the first half of my excess Absolutes:

tt948-25.jpg
tt5417-25.jpg
tt543-25.jpg
tt543-10.jpg
tt3815-25.jpg

Got through the TotT and into the Team cards, not too bad... I'd like to note during this edit, there used to be a bunch more pictures here before people started buying up these beautiful cards. I've been removing them as they are sold to avoid confusion.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Ryan, hook me up with the following:

TT 168 18/98
TT 54 28/50
TT 170 BLACK 13/25
TT 170 7/25
TT 54 2/25
TT 168 5/20
TT 54 8/10

E-mail me what you want for them. [email protected]
I promise they will go to a good home, and not be resale fodder!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
kryslarry said:
Ryan, hook me up with the following:

TT 168 18/98
TT 54 28/50
TT 170 BLACK 13/25
TT 170 7/25
TT 54 2/25
TT 168 5/20
TT 54 8/10

E-mail me what you want for them. [email protected]
I promise they will go to a good home, and not be resale fodder!

This is kind of funny. Once upon a time I was looking for a nice gift for Larry to repay him for the many generous things he has done for me. I found a few really nice rare cards #/10 and he already had them. So to see that Larry needs that TT54 that there are a whopping 50 of makes me ::facepalm:: Guess I was digging through the wrong box! :lol:

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
rickeyfanatic said:
tt54 3/10 I would like Ryan, LMK

It's nice, it has a dirt stain on that one piece... I thought it was a coffee stain but Becky sees colors and she says it's dirt.

Anybody have any estimates what a beautiful card like this would go for on eBay?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Everybody ready for the next batch?

tt3816-25.jpg
tt7913-25.jpg
tt795-25.jpg
tt723-25.jpg
tt3311-15.jpg
tt384-25.jpg
tt386-25.jpg
tt213-35.jpg

Almost there! On to the team sixes...

How about some name dropping? This is primarily to draw other player collectors who might find this thread through a search...

Troy Glaus, Vladimir Guerrero, Shawn Green, Edgardo Elfonzo collector, come on down! Gary Sheffield, Darryl Strawberry, Steve Garvey, Willie McCovey, Tony Gwynn, Pedro Martinez, Don Sutton, Hideo Nomo... Duke Snider and Mike Piazza both played for the Dodgers and Mets and are pictured on those teams' team six cards along with Rickey! Roberto Alomar, Gary Carter, Nolan Ryan, Casey Kotchman, Francisco Rodriguez, Darin Erstad, and Jim Edmonds. Rickey played with a lot of dudes.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
I have a Johnny Damon/Rickey Henderson dual bat card from absolute memorbilia. Its one of my favorites, and Rickey was the most fun player to watch... anyone else have this card?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
techboy42004 said:
I have a Johnny Damon/Rickey Henderson dual bat card from absolute memorbilia. Its one of my favorites, and Rickey was the most fun player to watch... anyone else have this card?

I don't have the regular, but I like what I got....

2002 Absolute Memorabilia Team Tandems Materials Gold Bat w/Damon Bat 35 #24/50
2002 Absolute Memorabilia Team Tandems Spectrum w/J.Damon 35

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
henderson939 said:
I need all the ones Brad dont need. LMK. $$$$

Well guys, we gotta do something! I am terrible at trying to make offers on cards. I think it would be easiest and best for me if y'all emailed me your offers on a card by card basis, and I'll take the offer or counter offer or something to that effect.

I know I totally suck, but... I started writing Larry an email with prices for each of the cards he is interested in, the amount of money that I hope to get, but it just seemed cruel or something. :lol: And really expensive! Maybe I think too highly of my cards, but....

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
RL24 said:
henderson939 said:
I need all the ones Brad dont need. LMK. $$$$

Well guys, we gotta do something! I am terrible at trying to make offers on cards. I think it would be easiest and best for me if y'all emailed me your offers on a card by card basis, and I'll take the offer or counter offer or something to that effect.

I know I totally suck, but... I started writing Larry an email with prices for each of the cards he is interested in, the amount of money that I hope to get, but it just seemed cruel or something. :lol: And really expensive! Maybe I think too highly of my cards, but....

Dang it Ryan, I'm not going to do this with you again. ::facepalm:: Just send the e-mail, and if I think it is too high, I'll counter. Then we can go from there. You're being too dang nice again. Just give me a total. You know I won't be offended. Heck, I might even be "cough" nice "cough" :shock:

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Alright alright I'll work on it. I wish there was more to see in the completed auctions, but I'll do my best. Who knows, I might get a chance this afternoon.

I heard that people want to see the team sixes, so... here they are!

ts1611-25.jpg
ts818-25.jpg
ts148-25.jpg

What do you guys think about the scan sizes? I made them big so everybody can see every little nicked edge and stuff like that. I kinda don't like it. :oops: :lol: I mean, it's good to show you guys what you are getting, but I don't know if I would start scanning my cards like this. It also really brings out the crappiness of my scanner too, IMO. Ah well... after years of practice I am getting better at making them all the size, at least there's that.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
ManOfSteal said:
I think we should all get discounts due to the poor condition of all of the cards ;)

You mean the unsightly black stripes on all the spectrum cards? That's not on my scanner you know, it's on the actual cards. :lol:

I scanned them all backwards forwards sideways and diagonal trying to get good scans. It was tough just getting the black stripe so it wasn't right on the players' faces.