Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
There was a set of 3 Griffey, Sandberg and Henderson. I didn't realize that Henderson didn't have a card in the set but the Griffey is a different picture plus it says sample on it front and back.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Jack Straw said:
There was a set of 3 Griffey, Sandberg and Henderson. I didn't realize that Henderson didn't have a card in the set but the Griffey is a different picture plus it says sample on it front and back.

I did not want to see that. Yet another sample I need to track down.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Aren't there some pretty hard core Sandberg collectors who you could check with to see if they have one? Maybe he doesn't have one! Unless your luck is like mine, then he probably has one it's just so rare it never ever shows up. Unlike the Rickey which just almost never shows up.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
The two big-time Sandberg collectors I've kept in touch with over the last couple of years don't have this card. There are a lot of big-time bidders on eBay that I've followed but have never contacted. A few of them seem to be new collectors, so I'm not sure if any of them would have seen it.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
henderson939 said:
Mozzie & Ryan. Stop picking on my crappy photos :lol: . I have yet to figure out a scanner :oops: . And Jack Straw & Brad are correct.

I spend more time on this thread than I do on the Ozzie one. You guys are very knowledgeable and you keep this thread alive (I wish I knew a way to get the Ozzie thread going) ... now if we could keep the sweet scans coming :lol:

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
When I got my P&G promo Henderson, the gentleman I bought it from stated that he had broken up a set to sell the Sandberg. I searched Google for an image of the Promo, and I guess I need to learn how to search it, because I can't find one. :oops: Plenty of regular set photos and a nice PSA gem 10, but no promo.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
I had to post again. Now I get to whine. I want a cool signature picture of Henderson like you guys. How do I get one? Mozzie has a cool one, Ken got a new one, I want one. :( Okay, 'nuff whining, but really, how to make one and use it would be great if someone out there has the talent. Let me know. Thanks!

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
kryslarry said:
When I got my P&G promo Henderson, the gentleman I bought it from stated that he had broken up a set to sell the Sandberg. I searched Google for an image of the Promo, and I guess I need to learn how to search it, because I can't find one. :oops: Plenty of regular set photos and a nice PSA gem 10, but no promo.

How long ago was that?

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
kryslarry said:
I had to post again. Now I get to whine. I want a cool signature picture of Henderson like you guys. How do I get one? Mozzie has a cool one, Ken got a new one, I want one. :( Okay, 'nuff whining, but really, how to make one and use it would be great if someone out there has the talent. Let me know. Thanks!

see this
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128887

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
henderson939 said:
Mozzie & Ryan. Stop picking on my crappy photos :lol: . I have yet to figure out a scanner :oops: . And Jack Straw & Brad are correct.

Maybe this will be a little better:
92proctorandgamblesample.jpg

Someday I'll get all of these 3000+ Rickey pics online. *sigh*

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Leffer said:
henderson939 said:

Maybe this will be a little better:
92proctorandgamblesample.jpg

Someday I'll get all of these 3000+ Rickey pics online. *sigh*

thanked.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Oh, and here's my crappy picture of my 77 Modesto. I really have to do this card justice and get a better scan.

77modesto.jpg

I think I paid around $800 for it (can't remember, but I'm almost positive it was under $1k), probably about 7 or 8 years ago. I couldn't afford it then, but man I'm glad I got it. I love that I have the whole team set including the very rare Chong header card. The Rickey is in great shape...a little off-center, but sharp corners.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
bobotai said:
kryslarry said:

How long ago was that?
I would try sending aPM to Magipapa. He said that he knew someone that was thinking of breaking up a set, depending on what people were offering, which is how the Rickey might be available.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
ManOfSteal said:
bobotai said:
kryslarry said:

How long ago was that?
I would try sending aPM to Magipapa. He said that he knew someone that was thinking of breaking up a set, depending on what people were offering, which is how the Rickey might be available.

Thanks. Just shot him a note.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
bobotai said:
kryslarry said:

How long ago was that?
Within a year ago. What I may not have made clear was that he broke the set up to sell the Sandberg to a collector, and Rickey was leftover.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Mozzie22 said:
kryslarry said:

see this
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128887
Thanks! We'll see what comes out of it, hopefully a wonderful new signature banner!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts