Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Here you go BJC, here's my little bit on the new hat logos from page 4...

RL24 said:
ManOfSteal said:
Not sure if you guys noticed, but the 2010 Topps Series 2 cards finally hit eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Topps-Legendar ... 3f001248c2

There's also a new CYMTO (both regular and original back), this time featuring Rickey's 1981 Topps card.

Do you happen to know if he has Hat Logos this time around? Have you guys seen the new hat logos?

!BuFi5H!B2k~$(KGrHqEH-CsEvo7b2EJnBL-0uvZBvg~~_12.jpg

As a chief wahoo fan, I'm disgusted by their choice on the Cleveland logo, but the MLB already pissed me off with it last year, so I'm used to it. The first year they did the American flag logos, they had this awesome hat:

clevlandindianscap.jpg

There, I found an awesome and clearly labeled comparison. I don't like it when people mess with Cheif Wahoo. smileynono.gif It makes me break out my special supply of smileys. wahoo2-1.gif

Rickey has no Series 2 logos... I was thinking "Of course not, they didn't have these memorial day logos when he played." And everything was fine and good. Now that I see that Bo Jackson one though. :evil: What's wrong with these people!? They only used 4 of the 9 teams Rickey played for, we should have seen 5 new memorial day style hat logos for Rickey. That would have been superb!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Larry, thanks for the email. Sorry to bug you, but it was eating me up. :D

kryslarry said:
Is it just me, or does this look weird? http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-Topps-Original ... _588wt_909

Just doesn't look right.

Man, between all the fakes that came out of this set, and the way that the signature really doesn't look much like Rickey's.... I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole (even if I had the money to be in full time bid mode, or for that matter, even if I was the that effer that won my Powerball jackpot the other day.)

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
So hey... any of you guys on Twitter? I just recently signed up, mostly to see what I was missing. I recently went to that health insurance class in Denver, and one of the segments was about social networking. Right before the guy spoke, they played this awesome video. It kinda sucked because they didn't dim the lights or do anything really to indicate that you should divert your attention to the movie screen, and the super annoying old guy next to me who wanted to be my friend just kept talking to me. :mrgreen: Anyway, it started out like "Think Social Networking is just a Fad?"

Then it showed how long it took for various crap to reach 50 million people.....

Newspaper... 100 years
Radio... 50 years
TV.... 20 years
Facebook... 9 months...

And then it's like....

It took Twitter less than 6 months to reach 100 million people.....

Or something like that. I tried to google it but couldn't hook it up. So anyway, the dude talked a bunch about a bunch of stuff. He was saying that Twitter is like the only thing that matters in life. Well, not quite to that extent, but... almost. I've been checking it out and honestly I'm having a hard time comprehending what in the blue hell is going on. But... during my nightly search for Rickey Henderson stuff, I found something. I thought it was crap. It was a guy holding his video camera in the nose bleed seats for the Rickey A's number #24 retirement thingamajig. <--- apparently I spelled that correctly, as Firefox has no problem with it. Anyway, I thought the video was crappy and not worth watching really, but... I figured maybe you guys are more desperate for Rickey footage than me. Or maybe you want to see every Rickey moment from every angle. If so.... I present to you... brought to you by the Oakland A's organization (or maybe it was just a fan with the name OaklandMLB(?)) via Twitter... this crappy video:

http://oakland-athletics.cool-reviews.o ... -ceremony/

Enjoy! :lol:

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Wow, '77 Chong Henderson PSA 8 just went for $2500! :eek: Didn't think it would sell for that. Glad I got mine when I did!

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
kryslarry said:
Wow, '77 Chong Henderson PSA 8 just went for $2500! :eek: Didn't think it would sell for that. Glad I got mine when I did!
I was kind of shocked to see it go for that too. My quest shall go on!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
If anybody wants to trade me a #24/xx for a #01/xx + another card... that one ending tonight is perfect! The 03 Absolute TotT #24/40. I have #01/40, and I'd like to improve my copy, but... it's $45+$5 just to get the bidding started. :( Too rich for my arse.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
RL24 said:
If anybody wants to trade me a #24/xx for a #01/xx + another card... that one ending tonight is perfect! The 03 Absolute TotT #24/40. I have #01/40, and I'd like to improve my copy, but... it's $45+$5 just to get the bidding started. :( Too rich for my arse.

Ryan, I'd consider it (although I think paying $50 is ridonkulous for that card).....what is the "+ another card" you were offering?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Leffer said:
RL24 said:

Ryan, I'd consider it (although I think paying $50 is ridonkulous for that card).....what is the "+ another card" you were offering?

Well hey, there are a large selection of cards to choose from pictured in this very thread! I'd give what I perceive to be ~$25 cash value in addition to my #1/40... I know that's hard to follow, but... well LMK what card you have in mind!

ManOfSteal said:
henderson939 said:
Do any of you guys know the deal with these Topps Attax? I have 3 different, is there more? I also need to know how I should list them on my checklist. Is the first one series one? the 2 new ones series 2? How should I put them down? Thanks for any help.

The new cards are part of a Topps Attax set called "Battle of the Ages," which was released after the original cards

There's only 15 retired cards in the set, so you'll get one Rickey in every pack. There is also a foil parallel, which is inserted 2 per pack. Beckett has not yet listed them, so I'm not sure what they are doing about numbering.

The first one is #3 in the set according to them:

2010 Topps Attax Legends #3 Rickey Henderson

I'll keep you guys posted on any updates that arise.

They may call it #3 if they want, but none of them are numbered on the card itself.

Also, I like the 2003 Timeless Treasures set better than the 2004 set.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
bojacksoncollector said:

Before I go digging and try to decide which year I like better, I absolutely have to ask.... what brings this up? :) I have read the thread so many times and don't understand where that statement came from. Help me out!

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
RL24 said:
bojacksoncollector said:

Before I go digging and try to decide which year I like better, I absolutely have to ask.... what brings this up? :) I have read the thread so many times and don't understand where that statement came from. Help me out!

I like vanilla more than chocolate. :shock:

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Leffer said:
RL24 said:
bojacksoncollector said:

Oh, noooooow I get it! It's one of those "I like cake" things. ;)

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Leffer said:
RL24 said:
bojacksoncollector said:

I like Doritos more than Cheetos.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
If I want to see if anyone here can help me with my want list, should I start a new thread, or is there one for want lists somewhere I missed? I really want to check those cards off. It's the main reason I troll Ebay nowadays. All of the recent parallels are great, but those few on my want list from before 2000 are killing me! What do you guys think? In here, a new thread, or one that I overlooked?

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
kryslarry said:
If I want to see if anyone here can help me with my want list, should I start a new thread, or is there one for want lists somewhere I missed? I really want to check those cards off. It's the main reason I troll Ebay nowadays. All of the recent parallels are great, but those few on my want list from before 2000 are killing me! What do you guys think? In here, a new thread, or one that I overlooked?

Just drop that bomb!

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Well, I'll put a list here and maybe start a new thread too. If anyone has ANY of these that they are willing to part with, please let me know. Money, some sort of trade, whatever.

1984 Wichita Beacon no number Regional Newspaper Card
1997 Fleer 24 Million Dollar Moments Redemption
1997 Pinnacle 104 Press Plate Preview (1/1)
1997 Select Certified 76 Mirror Black
1998 Circa Thunder 87 Super Rave
1998 Donruss Collections 118 Sample
1998 Fleer Ultra 431 Masterpieces (1/1)
1998 Leaf Fractile Materials 34 Z-2 Axis (Nylon)
1998 Leaf Rookies and Stars 24 Longevity (x/50)
1998 Sports Illustrated 57 First/Final Edition (1/1)
1998 Sports Illustrated WS Fever 14 First Edition
1998 Stadium Club 386 Printing Plates (1/1)
1998 Upper Deck SP Authentic SD2 Sheer Dominance Titanium (x/100)
1999 Fleer 133 Starting 9 (x/9)
1999 Fleer Ultra 170 Masterpieces (1/1)
1999 Fleer Ultra 223 Season Crowns Masterpieces (1/1)
1999 Metal Universe 122 Gem Masters (1/1)
1999 Pacific Aurora 119 Opening Day
1999 Pacific Invincible 95 Opening Day
1999 Revolution 89 Opening Day
1999 Stadium Club 79 Printing Plates
1999 Topps 277 (nno) MVP Promotion
1999 Upper Deck 165 Exclusives Level 2 (1/1)
1999 Upper Deck 426 Exclusives Level 1
1999 Upper Deck 426 Exclusives Level 2
1999 Upper Deck X19 Home Run (1/1)
1999 Upper Deck X19 Triple (x/100)
1999 Upper Deck Century 100 Century Legends - Century Collection
1999 Upper Deck Century C59 Century Legend MVP
1999 Upper Deck MVP 131 Super Script (x/25)
2001 Leaf Certified Materials 21 Mirror Blue

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Larry, I have an extra 1999 Upper Deck Exclusives Level 1 #426 (#/100) that I could help you with. I'm kind of shocked I have a duplicate of anything from your list....is this one that I said I had before but couldn't find it??? I did that to one of you guys once in a trade and still never found it. I felt like such a d :!: ck

I have a few others that are on your list, but wouldn't be willing to part with them (sorry). I could send you pictures though. :mrgreen:

I also need most of the cards on your list, so I guess if they ever come up on ebay, I ain't getting them cuz you'll outbid me. But maybe they'll surface on a week where you're on vacation :lol:

There is PLENTY of stuff that you have that I need so, I'm fairly certain this will be easy to work out a trade for the Exclusives. Send me an email with some offers if you want it. Thanks.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Don't feel bad Scott, it couldn't have been as bad as trading with ME. And since they've all had to put up with me, and I know you know how that goes... it's pretty hard to let people down around here. I've set the standard so low. :|

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
kryslarry said:

There is a section of the site where you can put your wantlist:

viewforum.php?f=16

It's just that the cards on your wantlist are so hard to find, that nobody has them!

Members online

Latest posts