Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietdew

Apr 29, 2010

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Just wanted to share something new that I got that I never saw before (maybe I simply missed it back in 2009). This is a 2009 Baseball HOF pendant. It looks very similar to the Press Pin, but is serial numbered much lower. The Press Pin is #/3100 and the pendant is #/125. The guy who listed this on ebay failed to mention that it was serial numbered. The only way I found out is that I asked to see a picture of the back (because it looked like the press pin). He didn't post a picture but privately responded to me about the back that it had a number on it. And he didn't post that to the lot so others could see his response. So I got it for $29 ppd, which I think is a steal considering the press pin usually goes for much more than that. Anyway...makes me happy at least. :)

P1010593.jpg
P1010596.jpg

Jcooley100

Feb 16, 2011
Anybody need these I already had them.

1990 Publications International Stickers #288 Rickey Henderson
1990 Publications International Stickers #537 Rickey Henderson

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Jcooley100 said:
Well damn I didn't mean to kill the vibe by offering cards on here.

See what you did, lol! I've been swamped at work lately, and getting as much done at home prior to school starting up again. I've been pretty quiet in the Rickey front, but I did just pick up a new card via Best Offer that I'm pretty excited about. I'll share once it arrives :)

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I made some major progress for me, I finally entered the cards that I got in the trade with Ken onto my spreadsheet and website! It feels really good getting that accomplished, they've been sitting by my computer for what... 6 months now?

The 24 Museum is getting so vast though, that it's almost impossible to tell that I added anything. Except at the top, where they are few and far between... I added some nice old ones, thanks Ken!

I also started going through cards to send off for consignment. The funniest thing happened... Once upon a time I made a huge trade for a bunch of RCs. There were Jeters, and... lots of early 90s/late 80s RCs. They have been missing for like 8 years, and I've always been kind of bitter about it. Who stole my damn RC collection!? Just doesn't make sense! Anyway, I was down in the dungeon looking for cards to get rid of, and I grabbed this crappy old box that says "crappy cards" on it. And I'll be damned, there they were, my missing crappy RCs. You know, like Bonds was a great player, and Palmiero, and Sheffield, Maddox Smoltz Big Unit the list goes on and on. Great players, but the RCs I have are absolutely completely worthless! Good thing I stressed over that box for 8 years. :lol: :oops:

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I've been slammed at work lately. Last few checks have been 100+ hours. not to mention the part time gig. I have been updating my checklist little by little. Added in the Star sets and promos. I think I'm partially up to 02. Also adding in the oddball list that another user sent me. Sometime I will get it done and share.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I finally uploaded some wedding pictures, and now I'm going to force them upon y'all because you keep refusing to talk about Rickey.

My beautiful bride...

DSC_0237-3.jpg

Me and my brother/best man...

DSC_0499.jpg

Freshly hitched...

DSC_0431.jpg

And some pictures of the star of the show....

DSC_0343-2.jpg
DSC_0208.jpg
DSC_0654-2.jpg
DSC_0652.jpg
DSC_0628.jpg

Thanks for looking, hope it wasn't too boring. At least you didn't have to sit here while I went through the whole album though! You guys have it easy compared to my poor real life friends.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Wow guys, I go away for a few weeks and you are all busy getting cool stuff. Congrats on the wedding Ryan, about time too. I was wondering about your to-do list there for a while. Great pictures as well. I probably missed out on many cool Henderson cards, but this time it was alright. I was in Alaska, salmon fishing for silver salmon, and caught my limit all three days! I highly recommend the views of Alaska, and if anyone is only thinking about going - DO IT!

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Congrats Ryan, mine is in a few months. I'm really bummed I missed out on that Rickey rookie giveaway. I have 7 or 8 so I didn't "need" it, but I wouldn't mind having it. I totally missed the thread. 12 was my baseball number in high school and has always been "my number" so that would have been my pick. When I started reading the posts, I thought to myself watch it be 12 and sure enough it was. :cry:

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Anyone interested?

scan0042-2-3.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
So it's been mentioned before and I finally got some pictures. Are there variations of these?

3 Tri-Cards I have (front)
0823011223.jpg

(back)
0823011223a.jpg

1991 Donruss with number/50,000
0823011224.jpg

1991 Upper Deck QVC with number
0823011223c.jpg

1990 Score no number
0823011223b.jpg

Are there others? QVC versions of each?

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
ManOfSteal said:
I was finally able to snag one of the Topps Black Diamonds!

11ToppsDiamond3.jpg

Now I just need to remember to have the regular version shipped to me from my account.

I want em both too. How much? I think I saw one listed for $75 which is crazy!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Brian, I love the new sig banner! That's hot!! I've been thinking of a new one I want, with Rickey facing Rickey in some rock-paper-scissors, while Rickey looks on and drinks a Pepsi. Of course, at the bottom it would say "Rickey Wins Again!"

Gotta get a screen shot of the appropriate moment on the commercial though. It's funny, every time I watch CC pitch they show the commercial in between every inning. I love that commercial!

Brad, are those Diamond cards nice in hand? I pulled a couple of those dig cards or whatever, but I haven't used them. Has anybody seen the little booklet that has the 60 cards? There is a page with Rickey in it. I've been meaning to snag a pic and see if anybody wants it, but they're pretty easy to obtain so you might all have them, or you all might not know the book exists. Or you might have no interest in it. :lol: Does anybody have any idea what I'm talking about? I tried to find one on ebay, but no luck.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I know nothing about what you mentioned. Yes, I love that commercial too. Some dude made the banner, I asked if he could change the sig, but otherwise is great. Never had one before. I do have 3 A&G photos which would be great for cards if someone knows how to make them.

rickeyAG2.png

RickeyAG.png

and the newest one
RickeyAG3.png

Members online

Latest posts