Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
kryslarry said:
Hey Scott, what ever happened to "Larry, I have an extra 1999 Upper Deck Exclusives Level 1 #426 (#/100) that I could help you with." Never heard from you. I'll buy it from you since I am sure I have nothing to trade. Lately I have had to hold off on buying stuff since I now need a new computer. My old one decided to start literally eating CDs I put in. They come out with chunks missing. It is time anyway to upgrade, it has been like 6 years. And I am sure that computer years are calculated like dog years. Let me know Scott! [email protected] or via pm here.

That's funny, my computer is also old in dog years. 49 years old!! It has never literally eaten a CD, only figuratively. I had to pry the tray open with a butter knife to get a CD (from the library) out of it. I haven't tried to put too many in since. I'm sure you guys all know how my computer was dead D.E.A.D. for over a year. Just sat there in the garage collecting dust with a nasty virus. Nowadays I'm so used to keeping all my info on a flash drive, that's just what I do! I barely have anything at all saved on this computer, just a temporary card bucket for all these cards I've been uploading. (It's about time for another round of that!) It's kinda nice because I can just take all my crap with me wherever I go. I take it to work some days, and I have all my files and pictures right there with me. My computer can crash and/or start on fire, and all I have to do is grab my flash drive and I'm good to go. Technology rocks! Well....

I'm on my way out for a busy Father's Day. Hope all of yours are Happy!

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
I have a 1991 Topps Gallery of Champions Aluminum, Bronze, and Pewter. Does anyone have a picture of the elusive "Silver" version that they could post here so I can see what it looks like (and if so, could they post it shown next to pictures of the others so I can see what it looks like in comparison)?

And Beckett's list shows this:

1991 Topps Gallery of Champions 7
1991 Topps Gallery of Champions Bronze 7
1991 Topps Gallery of Champions Silver 7

I guess I can assume that the "regular" one is the Aluminum, but why don't they list the Pewter? So confusing. Maybe I have the Silver and have always thought it was the Pewter? So confusing. Thanks if anyone can indeed help.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Leffer said:
I have a 1991 Topps Gallery of Champions Aluminum, Bronze, and Pewter. Does anyone have a picture of the elusive "Silver" version that they could post here so I can see what it looks like (and if so, could they post it shown next to pictures of the others so I can see what it looks like in comparison)?

And Beckett's list shows this:

1991 Topps Gallery of Champions 7
1991 Topps Gallery of Champions Bronze 7
1991 Topps Gallery of Champions Silver 7

I guess I can assume that the "regular" one is the Aluminum, but why don't they list the Pewter? So confusing. Maybe I have the Silver and have always thought it was the Pewter? So confusing. Thanks if anyone can indeed help.

Not sure why they don't list it as "aluminum," it's probably just to be difficult. They do actually list the petwer as well, only it's categorized as "1984-1991 Topps Pewter Bonuses '91 8," which I'm assuming is the years the bonuses were created for.

I don't have the Silver, but here's a scan of the pewter (top) and aluminum (bottom). I believe the Silver should say "sterling" or something similar on the back as well.

91GOCPewterSilver.jpg

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
OK, does anyone have a picture of one...especially one that shows the front and back? Maybe I should start with an easier question....does anyone HAVE one of the Silvers?

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Anyone need a blank 1987 Yankees season ticket featuring Rickey? The pic below shows both the front and back of the ticket. I have a few extra, and will trade for something that I need.

Oddball_June10_7.jpg

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
rickeyfanatic said:
I'm just happy I don't collect Strasburg!

Amen to that! The price of his "premium" cards individually could buy our collections! I was checking out another post here on the forums and saw one going for over 26k! Some refractor auto 1/1 thing. All I can say is O :eek: M :eek: F :eek: G :eek: That is crazy money for a prospect. Hope the kid comes through. Would be nice for another Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez dominating type pitcher out there. Not enough of them.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Hey Ryan, do you have these cards? (with different serial numbers)
2003 Studio 17 Studio Proof 24 / 100
2003 Leaf Limited 94 TNT (Red) 24 / 25 Jersey/Bat
2003 Leaf Limited 96 TNT (Purple) 24 / 25 Bat/Patch
2003 Playoff Portraits 142 Gold Material 24 / 25 Jersey
2004 Diamond Kings 153 Bronze Materials 24 / 30 Jersey/Bat
2005 Donruss Polo Grounds PG-96 HIT - Short fly to right field - Out 24 / 35
2009 Topps Triple Threads TTR-116 1990 AL MVP Ruby 24 / 36
2004 Diamond Kings 153 B/W Flashback Silver 24 / 50
2005 Playoff Prime Cuts MLB-33 MLB Icons Material 24 / 50 Jersey

If you have these, and would like to upgrade your collection to 24's of these, let me know. Maybe we can trade one for one plus a little bonus for them being 24's? I am sure you still have dupes that I don't have. :D

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
kryslarry said:

If you have these, and would like to upgrade your collection to 24's of these, let me know. Maybe we can trade one for one plus a little bonus for them being 24's? I am sure you still have dupes that I don't have. :D

Looks like you hit the jackpot Ryan!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
ManOfSteal said:
kryslarry said:

Looks like you hit the jackpot Ryan!

JACKPOT!!! Some of those I like NEED really BAD!! It'll take a minute to see what I have for ya Larry, some I know I have and some I know I don't. :lol: I'll work on that...

WoW, I just checked out my TNTs, between all of them only one 24...

03LLthTnTPrime.jpg
03LLthTnTcomplete.jpg

scq24

May 25, 2010
Leffer said:
OK, does anyone have a picture of one...especially one that shows the front and back? Maybe I should start with an easier question....does anyone HAVE one of the Silvers?

TGOC.jpg
TGOCback.jpg

I've got you covered with the TGOC cards. I hope these scans go through, if not I will have to try again. I thought it might be nice to know the weight of each of them also in case you were wondering to be able to tell them apart also. Aluminum - 0.3 oz., Bronze - 0.95 oz., Silver - 1.1 oz., Pewter - 0.6 oz. That is order of them as well in the pics.

Later
Q

scq24

May 25, 2010
star.jpg

I thought I would put this one up to. I just got this 1988 Star Nova Promo recently for $35. I read somewhere that only 20 were made which I am not sure if that is true or not. I am curious how many of you have this card?

Q

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
scq24 said:
star.jpg

I thought I would put this one up to. I just got this 1988 Star Nova Promo recently for $35. I read somewhere that only 20 were made which I am not sure if that is true or not. I am curious how many of you have this card?

Q

Glad Marco finally came through with this one! (Although, I am a bit bitter, since I asked about it, and he said he'd sell it for $100, which was ridiculous!) :)

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
That silver mini is awesome, and some day I will possess one! :twisted: Also, the Nova Promo is cool. You don't see too many of them out there. Not sure about the "only 20 printed" but I guess it could be true. I have one, and it is blank backed where many of the other Star promos have terms like 1 of 100 or 1 of 400 etc. 8 of mine have blank backs and I have 17 different Star Promos total.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
ManOfSteal said:
Anyone have a dupe of this Broder?

88BroderBBestII.jpg

I must have seen it a million times, but just realized that I don't actually have it!

I just went through 4 full binders of duplicates and no luck. Sorry. Maybe I have one in a box somewhere. I'll keep looking.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
ManOfSteal said:
Anyone have a dupe of this Broder?

88BroderBBestII.jpg

I must have seen it a million times, but just realized that I don't actually have it!

I've been buying up Broders to try and catalogue them all so it looks like I have one of these for you. If anyone has some extra Broders, I'd be interested in trading for any of these Hendersons on the list as I need them to get a scan of the set for the catalog.

-Tim

PLAYER YEAR DESCRIPTION
HENDERSON,RICKEY 1987 Broder Type - The Press Box New York Yankees #3 of 7 (no border/square corners)
HENDERSON,RICKEY 1990 Broder Type - Baseballs Finest Stars #NNO (pink & black with starred border)
HENDERSON,RICKEY 1990 Broder Type - Bay City Sluggers #1 of 5 (yellow border/square corners)
HENDERSON,RICKEY 1990 Broder Type - Big League All Stars MVP(rainbow border) #04 of 10

Members online