Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
f04b4c78874e93e6e4d635009a8201c4.jpg

Show off! :D

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
What's new guys? Any cool new pickups lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
Pretty much done buying cards. Wanted a lot of Ken's cards, but let them go. I guess losing the allure? I'll keep what I have but highly doubt I buy another card. Jerseys, that's another question! 2 Newark Bears were on eBay for what seemed like forever and eventually sold. Was pissed. Not many others I don't have.

rickeyfan20

Jun 21, 2011
Illinois
I know what you mean Brian. There's times I go crazy on stuff and then just seem to lose interest for a while. But I always seem to come crawling back at some point. I haven't really shared much of my collection at all and had planned on starting to get some stuff posted on here. But like always, life gets in the way! Maybe some day!

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
I agree, I wanted a few of Ken's cards, but just couldn't push myself to pay what was needed to acquire. Too many life things going on, teenagers in high school, starting to drive, college prep coming up, money isn't as easy to drop as it once was.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
The Ozzie rookie recently went mega high too. I wonder if these are the crown jewels of the winners collections or what else crazy they have.

Aug 14, 2017
I don't personally think 1980 Topps is considered a part of the junk wax era. I think that all started in 1981 when Donruss and Fleer entered into the mix and all the companies had to compete. The competiton, combined with people starting to pay top dollar for vintage cards caused the productions of cards to increase dramatically aorund 1981. Again, 1980 Topps to me is the last true "vintage" set.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts