Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Glad most of us seemed to make it through the changeover. I've got to got used to the new site, but it does seem to be working well. Now, for Rickey related news, I got this in on Monday...

96FPP_1.jpg

(Sorry Brian)

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Grandpa? I do believe I'm the youngest. I finally grabbed a 94 UD Electric Diamond. I had one for years thinking they were all silver backs. Only recently did I find out the silver is rare and copper is normal. Grabbed it for about $1. I think I got the silver back for about $4 when they came out at a local card show.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Jcooley100

Feb 16, 2011
Any of my fellow Rickey collectors need this card, I bought a second one by accident because for some reason I can't remember to update my list when I get cards in.

rickey.JPG

Last edited:

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Glad most of us seemed to make it through the changeover. I've got to got used to the new site, but it does seem to be working well. Now, for Rickey related news, I got this in on Monday...

96FPP_1.jpg

(Sorry Brian)

I'm trying to get a mortgage, so no spending for me for awhile. Glad it's going to a good home. How much did it set you back? I never did make an offer, but was going to do $80 to $100 max. Nice profit for the guy that bought both for $60. I came home and saw that there were already 3 offers in, so I figured I wasn't going to waste my time when the others were probably higher.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Hey, finally got in! Nice administrator helped out. I wasn't sure if I would get back.

"I finally grabbed a 94 UD Electric Diamond. I had one for years thinking they were all silver backs. Only recently did I find out the silver is rare and copper is normal. Grabbed it for about $1. I think I got the silver back for about $4 when they came out at a local card show"

Cool anecdote, I hate when I do that. Just did that with a 98 Score team collection with the little silver Angels stamp on the front. Thought for years that I had it, and duh, didn't have it for 14 years! I don't know how many I have seen until I actually checked it out.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
That's another I need and they are available I just haven't grabbed one. For awhile I thought the platinum was all there was.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Whenever I post from my phone, that sig pops up automatically. I like the app because I can check when I'm not home and it has threads I post in on their own tab. It's available in the android market. Not surfe if you can use on BB or not? As a side note, this phone was given to me by my cousin as he said it was outdated.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm sure you can't get it on BB, BB kind of sucks. :) You can't really get cool apps, or maybe I just don't know what I'm doing. Completely possible. I usually don't get on here with my phone, because the old board didn't put a space in between a quote and a post. So on those huge ones where 10 people are quoted, it's almost impossible to find the spot where the new post begins. I'll have to check out the new board...

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
What? Was that sale for real? On my spreadsheet I have one that says ebay#610... I have no idea what that means, except it would seem that maybe I meant ebay$610. I don't remember Rickey having this expensive of a card between the years 1980 and 1999 or so.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
What? Was that sale for real? On my spreadsheet I have one that says ebay#610... I have no idea what that means, except it would seem that maybe I meant ebay$610. I don't remember Rickey having this expensive of a card between the years 1980 and 1999 or so.

I'm pretty sure George Calfas said that one had sold for over 1k around a year ago.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Henderson at $875 was thought to be a relatively good deal compared to others. Jeter just sold for over $4000 and I've heard of fellow Clark collectors offering over a 1K for a Clark. That's a ton of cash to spend, but those cards never surface for sale and always go above book for major stars like Griffey or Puckett. Henderson should at least be in the same ballpark as some of the top tier guys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140735829459

Arod at $700:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330676372952

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
If that card is worth that, I'll sell the Red, Blue, and Gold for that kind of money! Insanity.

$875 is a very reasonable price for that card. I have been looking for a Larkin Mirror Gold for 10 years and have never seen one for sale. I would have expected the henderson to bring at least a grand at auction.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts