Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Re: The Invasion of the Rickey Henderson Confederation

I don't have any fancy pics to show, just letting everyone know that I've migrated over from that other forum that crashed often. Well, lets see if I can figure out how to use this interface...here is one of my favorite 2005 cards I have:

05PlayoffAbsoluteMemorabiliaTOTT-13.jpg

If anyone has Rickeys to trade, I have many many other sports cards, oddballs, and memorabilia that I've collected over the past 30 years that I am willing to trade. Let me know what players you collect and I can send you a list of what I've got. Let me know what Rickeys you have (always looking for 2005 Leaf Sportscasters) and maybe we can work out a trade.

Thanks.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO

Hot Rickey there Leff, is that #/5? Now that I have my scanner set up at home, I'm hoping to get some new scans to show off myself... for now, all I gots to show off is this...

009-3.jpg

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey

RL24 said:
Hot Rickey there Leff, is that #/5?

Yes, it is #1/5. I also have the Prime Red Triple swatch (01/25) but don't have a picture of it yet.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin

Not a Rickey Henderson collector or even a fan for that matter but I did pull this card a few years ago and it is sitting in a box around here somewhere:

Henderson.jpg
Hendersonback.jpg

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA

Reds in 2009 said:
Not a Rickey Henderson collector or even a fan for that matter but I did pull this card a few years ago and it is sitting in a box around here somewhere:

Henderson.jpg

Sweet card, PM sent!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO

Leffer said:
RL24 said:
Hot Rickey there Leff, is that #/5?

Yes, it is #1/5. I also have the Prime Red Triple swatch (01/25) but don't have a picture of it yet.

NICE! Gonna try to get them all #1? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm quite proud of this set, completed one tiny sliver of the Absolute Set:

blackprime24.jpg

That's all the "Dual Black Prime" cards in the set....

blackprime24b.jpg

Just a crazy coincidence. I'm getting close on the Dual Prime Reds, 3/5 of the the way there, but most sets I only have one of. Because there are just so many!

And in the #01/xx, here's a really close one....
JJ20Certified20Jersey20Master20Set.jpg

I seemed to have misplaced the scan of the backs, but they are #001/250, #001/100, #01/25, #3/5, #1/1

Still hoping that maybe someday #1/5 will pop up, but... It's been so long now, the hope has dwindled quite a bit.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
kryslarry said:
rickeyfanatic said:
Just looking at your scan Ryan, his autos on those 2 are really different.

Maybe he got a ghost writer for one batch?

I think his sig just varies a bunch. I bet if you had the whole sheet you could see it change as the signing session dragged on. Or maybe as he goes down the sheet, he just kinda changes angles if ya follow.

I was checking it out one day when I scanned all of my autos. They are all a bit different...

RickeyAutos2a.jpg
RickeyAutos2b.jpg

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO

RL24 said:
Now that I have my scanner set up at home, I'm hoping to get some new scans to show off myself...

Okay, that right there was a huge lie. I should have said I have the scanner plugged in at home. It doesn't work though, it's saying I have no driver and the program I used to scan and crop and crap is also gone.

Sitting in my scanner is a Pewter Bonus for ScottQ who wanted a scan of it, and an old expired $10 phone card that I found in my basement. :shock:

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
So, did you guys see that plate end this weekend? The last one sold for $12, and the reasons were a) seller is in Taiwan, and b) the card was not listed in Beckett and/or pulled from a pack. The plate that ended over the weekend was from the same seller, same year, it's from Fleer Tradition instead of Fleer Platinum, but I believe that the card was not listed in Beckett and/or pulled from a pack. At least, it's not on my list. Anyway...... a few weeks ago this was a $12 plate, and over the weekend it fetched $325. :?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
This is awesome!

!Bu!c(8!EWk~$(KGrHqMH-DEEvn,0WYz3BL-d)L,(hg~~_12.jpg

"Henderson seems a likely Hall of Fame candidate. His 1991 cards, priced at 50 cents or more, will have long-term possible gains when he knocks on Cooperstown's door."

::facepalm:: :lol: ::facepalm::

I'm glad whoever wrote that was not giving me investment advice in 1991.

It's a cool piece though, anybody have one? I've never seen one myself, the auction says it was made my Publications International... they have stickers in the OPG, wonder why this thing isn't? Or maybe I just don't know what it's called...

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Ryan, they have improved significantly since 1991! They go for $.99 starting bids on Ebay, that is a 98% jump in price! See, look at it that way, and ya never know. But hey, who are we fooling. Cards made from 1987 to 1993 are barely worth the cardboard they are printed on now. Once true premium products came out, the base brands could only reach upward if they had serious parallels or numbered things. Sad trend, but oh well.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
RL24 said:
This is awesome!

!Bu!c(8!EWk~$(KGrHqMH-DEEvn,0WYz3BL-d)L,(hg~~_12.jpg

It's a cool piece though, anybody have one? I've never seen one myself, the auction says it was made my Publications International... they have stickers in the OPG, wonder why this thing isn't? Or maybe I just don't know what it's called...

The title is a little misleading calling it a "poster." The guy has basically just cut the pages out of a book that was produced in 1991. Which is while it isn't in the OPG, as it isn't a card at all. I have a similar book (I might even have the same one), and will try and get some scans for you. Back when there were only 4-5 releases, you could show every card that a player had produced for the year.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
It really does look like a pile of dooky. I was wondering where the rest of the card is, but I noticed it's a mini. Unless the bidders actually know something that I'm totally missing, like a new card company in town... I'm rather inspired! I think I could design and print a card of similar quality. Let's see how high it gets... :lol:

Did you guys see that DK 1/1 auto? I went crazy for a second thinking I needed to buy it, but the frame doesn't match my set...
RHDKabj1s-.jpg

I'm excited to see how high the auction goes, see how much these puppies are worth! I wish it was the old days, I'd try to win it, but it's not the old days and it's already at $202 after 1 night. What's funny is I got the first of mine for $102.50 (or so, lol) and when the other came up I really wanted it to make a set. I spent $200+ on it, and have kicked myself in the arse ever since. And finally, all these years later, it's actually looking like a good purchase after all!

mcflyracing

May 19, 2010
Hey Guys it's my first post on here... a little shatty of one too. This selling thing never gets easier, in fact it's only gotten harder! :evil:

It appears that I pissed George off which sucks cause I think he's a good guy & obviously a die hard RH fan. I countered him on the Sterling Auto 1/1 with no response for over a day then he sent me an offer on the non auto 1/1 & shortly thereafter RJew sent one for $50 more so I took it & he got upset that I didn't counter him... Crappy man.

Ken has been slow to respond too, hopefully it's just b/c he's busy with work again. :D

I feel like I have to keep explaining myself to everyone that I've gone from having everything (Wife, children, job, house, etc.) to nothing... I have to rebuild & repurchase everything! :evil:

Hopefully I haven't pissed any of you guys off. I have a lot of stuff left to sell & I truely would prefer that the majority or all of it go to you guys but it's got to be hard for you guys too as I'd imagine you'd like all of it too but it's a lot of $$$.

I just sold nearly every Sterling I had to one guy... Such a bittersweet deal man. I thought I'd never ever sell those two 1/1's! ::facepalm::

Well at least this site has already proven worthy for you guys as that /5 RH came up, hopefully someone adds that to their collection. Plus Ryan & I get a handful of these stupid smiley things again so that our messages look like they were written by teenage girls :lol: :lol: :lol: ::facepalm:: :oops: :D

scq24

May 25, 2010
Hey guys, just wanted to say hi as I finally got around to checking out the new thread site. I like seeing all those auto's on here and pics of cute babies. I will have to post a few pics of each of mine also very soon.

Scottie Q

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Well Jacob, I hate to say it, but you gotta do what you feel is right. If you need more money, and someone is offering it, I'd be hard pressed to turn it down too. George may be upset at not getting the card now, but I am sure he knows what's going on, and in the long run he will get over it. You can't give everything away, as much as I think you should to, well, me of course. But you need to do right by yourself man. As for the smilies, I like this one ::facepalm:: Just makes me laugh.
Glad you came to the boards, and hope that, even though you are selling off the high end stuff, that you continue to participate. We still need ya, especially since Ryan can't seem to find his cards to scan or get his scanner to work and all we get are these cute baby pictures that look nothing like Rickey! :lol: Just kidding Ryan, Renee is too dang cute, and makes me jealous that I can't have one!

Members online