Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I need help identifying this card.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
scan0001-22.jpg

Promodeltodd sent me this card recently in our Team Collectors group. We both could not locate it in any database on Beckett. The back of the card says it is from 2006 Topps Series 2, but he does not appear on the checklist. Todd mentioned he recently turned in some eTopps points and got this for them. I checked eTopps checklists and no mention of it. Not that it really matters, but I was just curious and wanted to update my database of cards with the accurate info.

It is a pretty sweet card from one of the more generous team collectors in our group!

Wayne

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Well it is a 2006 Topps auto. If it's not in Beckett, it's most likely a card that was never released officially. Perhaps they couldn't owing to the new rookie rules in 2006. According to baseball-reference, he didn't debut until August 22, 2006, which was after 2006 Topps was done. Nice early card, though. Probably extremely rare.

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
Thanks. I should have checked eBay first, as I saw a few listed (not in an eTopps case) so clearly Topps released some of these cards back in 2006. Strange that it does not show up in Beckett's data base. Then again, it is Beckett! ;)

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
It may have been sent to someone a "Replacement" card for a redemption.. They have been known to put some of there autographed card in these cases when using them as replacements..

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
They're too busy bustin' wax online and grading nm/m cards mint to bother upgrading a price guide that is 3 months behind once it hits the stands.

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
MojoDan said:
Good to see you around again, how is Red Sox the collection going? :)

As you can see, the collection is going quite well thanks to my Team Collecting friends. That is just one of the many sweet cards that continually get added to my collection! I am always around lurking. I just don't post too often!

Thanks for asking!

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
It was a replacement auto for I think 2009 Co Signers. There's also a Jon Lester replacement auto that looks like something out of Topps Pristine

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
zep33 said:
It's the 2006 Pedroia card that people got in the Topps Million Giveaway. It was never released until then.

Thanks for the info! That might explain why I never saw one before and it was never listed by Beckett.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
That card would have been released in 2006 Series 1 Topps going by the design.

Topps put 2004 Topps Blue Chips autos in 2006 Topps series one as well.

So 2004 cards were released in 2006 and 2006 cards were released in 2010.

Members online

Latest posts