Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some junk wax boxes (89/96/98/09)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
So I went to the shop and the guy running it just bought a collection that included a bunch of junk wax. Started looking though it and negotiated a price for a few boxes.

1989 Fleer
Ken Griffey rc
Randy Johnson rc

1996 Stadium Club Series 2
Bronze Xtreme Player - Jeff King
Silver Xtreme Player - Charlie Hayes
Burn & Bash - Raul Mondesi
Mantle Retrospect - MM17
Power Packed - Mike Piazza
METALiSTs - Cal Ripken
RipkenMetalists.jpg
PiazzaPowerPacked.jpg

1998 Score All-Star
Showcase - Fred McGriff, Andy Benes, Raul Mondesi, Lance Johnson
New Season - Miguel Tejada
First Pitch - Ivan Rodriguez
Artist Proof - Cal Ripken
RipkenAP.jpg

2009 Topps Heritage Update
Short Prints - Andrew McCutchen (x2), Chris Coghlan, Elvis Andrus, Huston Street, Trevor Cahill, Nelson Cruz, Orlando Hudson, Ricky Romero
Chrome - Huston Street, Jeff Francoeur, Kendry Morales, Orlando Hudson, Trevor Hoffman, David Hernandez, Jordan Schafer, Freddy Sanchez, Ryan Spilborghs
Chrome Refractors - Matt Diaz, Homer Bailey, Randy Wolf

Did get the advertised hit from the Heritage, but I'll live.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Ah, I like seeing these breaks from way back when.I just bought some junk wax from BBC Exchange myself.Couldn't those bronze and silver Extreme cards be exchanged for a different parallel if the player won an award or something back then?I think I have some of those.I always thought that was a really cool idea when UD came out witht those Predictor inserts back then that could be exchanged for a rarer parallel if the player on the card won MVP, led the league in home runs, RBI, etc.How rare is the Ripkin Artist's Proof?

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I think you did well with the Ripken AP and the Ripken Medalists.

Congrats ! :p

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
A_Pharis - I love the design of the 90s parallels and inserts, and I wasn't upset at all about getting Ripkens from both boxes.

SINFULONE - Yeah, it was a big math equation to see if your player one. Neither of these guys won anything, but I was only suppose to receive one based on the pack odds. The Artist Proofs were something like 1:32 packs, but for some reason Beckett doesn't price them.

55_marlins_sp - Thanks

Latest posts